L'Oreal EverCurl Cleansing Balm Review #CleansingBalms

Recently I have been trying out the EverCurl Cleansing Balm by L'Oreal and I must say, I am quite pleased with how well it is working for me. The is a 6 -in- 1 product that actually does what it says and can save me so much time in the shower on days I'm in a rush. Continue reading for more.

Here is what L'Oreal's site says about the product:  
"6-in-1 benefits.
No Stripping. No Drying. No Build-Up.
Rehydrates Curls.

Rethink everything you know about washing your hair in one revolutionary step. Ever Cleansing Balm is a conditioner that transforms into a gentle cleanser. These low-lather cleansing conditioners are a full haircare regimen in one step. They clean, condition, treat, detangle, soften and add shine. No Sulfates. No Parabens. No Silicones."


I love that there are no sulfates, parabens or silicones in here! I feel so many drugstore products still have tons of silicones, so it is nice to see inexpensive brands becoming more ingredient conscious.

I briefly mentioned this in a "Hair of the Day" post last week, but it's worth saying again. 9 out of 10 times when I am showering and doing my hair, even if I use an all in one product or a co-wash, etc, I'll still always follow up with conditioner or a masque since my dry hair just craves moisture. For testing purposes and out of curiosity, I did use this product as it was intended a few times without following up with a separate conditioner.

I've had great results with this Cleansing Balm. It leaves my hair and scalp feeling clean (I make sure to massage my scalp extremely well since it is low lather) and very well moisturized! It's nice when I am in a rush or short on time to know it can moisturize my hair adequately enough by itself without a step 2.

Aside from being moisturized, my hair felt pretty soft and i really notice increased curl definition whenever I use this product. I have noticed if I don't follow it up with conditioner, at times I had a bit of frizz, but nothing too bad or dramatic.

I use quite a bit of the cleansing balm per wash, especially when I use it on it's own. I used about 25 pumps today to really get my hair saturated in product to let it condition properly.

When I use the Cleansing Balm by itself, I leave it in during the duration of my shower which is 5 to 7 minutes or so.

Scent wise it is okay. It has a strong perfumey smell that I can't exactly pinpoint, but it does not linger.

*additional styling products used after rinsing
This Cleansing Balm was provided to me complimentary by Influenster and L'Oreal for testing purposes. All opinions expressed are my own and honest, as always.

Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane

1 comment

  1. You look lovely in that photo - the darker hair really brings out your eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top