Philosophy Pure Grace Summer Perfume & 2 in 1 Body Cleanser/Moisturizer

I've been easing up on buying fragrances until I go through some that I have, but Philosophy's yearly Summer Scent is a huge exception to my rule! ;)  Today I will be talking about Philosophy's Pure Grace Summer Perfume and 2 in 1 Body Cleanser/Moisturizer. Continue reading for more!

Every year, Philosophy releases a flanker fragrance of one of their already popular scents for the Summer Season. Past years have included Sunshine Grace, Summer Grace and also the stand alone Summer Scent, Sea of Love. This year, it is a twist on the popular Pure Grace scent: Pure Grace Summer.

I actually got a small kit from Ulta that combined the perfume and 8oz Body Cleanser/Moisturizer when they offered a 5x the points on philosophy products promo. This kit is no longer available, but the products are still there separately, also on Sephora.com and there are a couple kits on QVC.com



Fragrance
I was able to get the notes from Sephora.com, but they didn't specify top, mid and dry.
Notes:
Bergamot, Coconut Water, Citron Zest, Dune Rose, Cocoa Absolute, Solar Musk, Sandalwood, Vanilla.


 I have been on a HUGE citrus kick lately, and I also love scents with Vanilla and Musk in it so before even smelling, I knew this was going to be a winner for me.

Because this is a Eau de Toilette and not an Eau de Parfum, the scent is not as strong as I would prefer, but all Philosophy fragrances in general are soft, gentle, and not too overpowering. Good if you or a close loved one is scent sensitive.

Unfortunately, the scent fades rather quickly on me, but while I smell it, I love it! In my opinion, this is a Citrus Gourmand, where I get the brightness from the Bergamot and Citron Zest, yet at the same time also detect the Cocoa, Solar Musk and Vanilla. I am also happy that I can sniff out the Coconut Water and it is refreshing, as opposed to fake coconut scent which gives me headaches. This is a warm, yet uplifting fragrance to me.

I've heard presentations on QVC where the philosophy reps have said it is supposed to remind you of "A warm Summer's Day" or "Day at the Beach" They did an excellent job at bottling up this experience. As a huge beach lover, I can smell Pure Grace Summer and temporarily take myself to a time when I was laying on the beach, listening to the waves and feeling the sunshine on my sunscreen covered body. Man, I really can't wait for Summer!!

Pure Grace Summer is significantly warmer than original Pure Grace. I don't think the fragrances smell similar at all. Original Pure Grace is straight up soapy, fresh and clean. I do like the original Pure Grace, but if I had to pick between the two, Pure Grace Summer is the winner for me.

Smelling the Pure Grace Summer against the Sunshine Grace fragrance from Philosophy that I bought last year, Pure Grace Summer has the gourmand, sweet aspect to it that Sunshine Grace does not. As bright and citrusy as Pure Grace Summer is, I actually think Shunshine Grace is even brighter! I do like both fragrances but again, in a head to head I pick Pure Grace Summer, mainly for the Vanilla and gourmand notes mixed with the Citrus. But I do LOVE Sunshine Grace as well.

I didn't want to compare it against Summer Grace because as of now, I just have some Summer Grace shower gel and body scrub, but not the actual fragrance.

 Pure Grace Summer 2-in-1 Body Cleanser & Moisturizer

This is a brand new formula product from philosophy! It is designed to save time in the shower.

Here is what Ulta.com says about it:
"Infuse your shower with the freshness and warmth of Pure Grace Summer. This limited-edition summer fragrance cleanses, smoothes and hydrates skin in a convenient 2-in-1 formula. It absorbs instantly without any sticky residue. Experience this purely beautiful way to both cleanse and moisturize skin."

Like the fragrance itself, the scent isn't too strong in this product but strong enough where I smell it in my shower. Unlike philosophy's 3 in 1 shower gels, this cleanser & moisturizer does not lather at all and it isn't supposed to.

My skin feels clean and soft after using this. I use a nickel size amount per body part and thoroughly massage it in before rinsing off completely. I can get away with using this without a separate moisturizer after and my skin doesn't feel dry or tight. Though it does feel soft and smooth, my skin still feeds a tad bit thirsty after. I don't think it moisturizes my skin as much as the Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer or using a moisturizer out of shower.
 
Overall if you like bright, warm, happy, citrus scents, you will probably enjoy Philosophy's Pure Grace Summer!

Follow me on Social Media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane

 

 

 


2 comments

  1. I'm going to Ulta today and I'm going to find this fragrance. It sounds like I would love it! Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! did you have a chance to smell it? I hope you liked it!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top