Supergoop! SPF CC Cream & Defense Refresh Setting Spray

Today I am talking about two products I have been using for over a year and realized I never actually blogged about by themselves! These are the CC Cream Daily Correct Broad Spectrum SPF 35+ Sunscreen and Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 by Supergoop! and they are fantastic products. Read on for more.

The main focus of the Supergoop! brand is sunscreen and SPF is infused into every product that they make. Sephora.com says "The always lightweight, never sticky formula uses antioxidants to fight visible signs of aging, with  broad spectum UVA, UVB and IRA protection."

As a girl who used to literally bake on the beach with baby oil and live at the tanning salon in my teens (ugh) I don't want a single extra second of bad sun damage added to what already is hidden beneath my skin's surface from my ignorant youth. I wear sunscreen now 365 days a year- rain, shine, snow or clouds and have been for quite a few years. Being highly breakout prone, lightweight formulas especially appeal to me.

Now onto these two products.

Both products are clinically tested, non-allergenic, non-irritating, non-comedogenic, and cruelty-free. They are also formulated without synthetic fragrance and oxybenzone.

CC Cream Daily Correct Broad Spectrum SPF 35+ Sunscreen 
From Sephora.com:
"A moisturizing sun defense cream that covers imperfections and corrects skintone. CC Cream Daily Correct covers imperfections, protects from photoaging, and provides clarity to the complexion in an easy one step. It features SPF 35 to protect from harmful rays and is infused with essential fatty acids omega 3 and omega 6 to neutralize discolorations and blotchiness, and minimize redness. Blended with light-diffusing mica, it instantly softens the look of lines, wrinkles, and pores—leaving behind a fresh and flawless face. Formulaed without parabens, sulfates and phthalates."

This CC Cream comes in three shades: Fair to Light, Light to Medium and Medium to Dark. What is really odd, the shade "Fair to Light" says SPF 40 but "Light to Medium" is SPF 35. I have no clue why the difference in number. The shades are all pretty forgiving, somewhat adjusting to your skin tone. I own both Fair to Light and Light to Medium, most of the year Fair to Light by itself is perfect but in Summer and early Fall, despite wearing SPF my skin still gets a bit darker and I mix it with Light to Medium for a better match. I have also lately really been liking the Fair to Light to mix with some other Foundations in my wardrobe that are a bit too dark for my right now on their own.
"Fair to Light", "Light to Medium" no flash
"Fair to Light", "Light to Medium"  flash
Regardless of shade, this is an excellent CC Cream! It really is lightweight and easy to blend with fingers, brushes or a Beauty Blender. I actually like using my fingers best to apply because I feel the warmth of my fingers helps melt the product into my skin, making the shade adjust a bit more. This is buildable up to full coverage and my favorite part about it is the finish! It has a pretty matte finish!! Another CC cream I was using and did like had such a dewy, glowy finish and as someone with shine prone, combination skin, I really prefer something more matte and this does that for me. It wears all day even if I don't use a primer underneath. When wearing this CC Cream, I also feel the overall tone of my skin does look brighter.


Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50
As soon as I heard about this spray, I bought it immediately and am currently on my third bottle. I also have a full bottle at my boyfriend's house and a mini in my purse. I tend to pick up another bottle every time Sephora has their VIB Rouge Sale so I don't fun out, and I always just refill the one in my purse. I've talked about this awesome mist before in some "Makeup Of The Day" posts.

From Sephora.com:
"What it is:
An innovative three-in-one mist that sets makeup, helps control oil and shine, and refreshes your defense against photoaging UV rays with an uplifting scent of rosemary and mint.
What it is formulated to do:
The secret to totally sun-safe skin is reapplying your UV defense at least every two hours when in direct sunlight. Defense Refresh Setting Mist SPF 50 is the best way to reapply UV protection throughout the day without disturbing your makeup. The formula includes a unique makeup setting ingredient that acts by creating a sheer shield, which dries quickly about five seconds after application. Optical diffusing silica silylate further helps to control oil and reduces shine leaving skin feeling soft and smooth with a matte finish, not oily nor greasy as with many sunscreen products. The formula is enlivened with an invigorating essence of antioxidant-rich rosemary to help improve the complexion and soothe inflammation."

A setting spray that sets makeup, mattifies and also has SPF in it! Beyond awesome!! I do find my makeup stays put when using this setting spray, and I like that it helps control shine instead of giving the skin a dewy look like other setting sprays I have do. My very favorite part of this setting spray however has to be the SPF inside! It makes it super easy to reapply when I am out and about without messing up my makeup. This does have a strong scent of Rosemary and Mint to it, but I like it and it fades after a few seconds. One important thing to mention with this spray is keep your eyes closed when spraying and a few seconds after. A couple times when I first got this spray I opened my eyes too quickly and I had a slightly burning feeling to my sensitive eyes.
I do actually like the Supergoop! Defense Refresh Setting Spray better than tarte's Marine Boosting Mist to set my makeup because of the finish (matte vs dewy) in case you were curious about that, but I LOVE tarte's mist as part of my AM and PM skincare regimen and that has done wonders to help improve my skin and also makes a nice primer! I do also carry that mini in my purse as well for a different reason- to refresh my face if my skin is feeling particularly dry or to even help with some frizz in my hair.

Just the "Fair to Light" CC Cream on my face (and mascara)

Later in the day, outside wearing CC cream, concealer, powder and sprayed the mist to set.

Overall, these two products from Supergoop! are winners in my book and if you have not tried them yet, definitely add them to your Sephora wishlist to test out soon!



<3 Diane


No comments

Back to Top