Tarte Cosmetics Rainforest of the Sea Drench Splash Lipsticks

I have really been enjoying all of Tarte's new products from Rainforest of the Sea & Double Duty Beauty I bought. Their new Drench Splash Lipsticks from the Rainforest of the Sea Collection are now one of my favorite lippie formulas EVER. Continue reading for more!


This is what tarte.com says about the lippies:

"Drench lips in moisture-rich ingredients and creamy, full coverage color with this longwearing satin matte lipstick. Powered by tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea™ antioxidant complex and natural, lip-loving™ oils and butters, this vibrant, vegan friendly formula helps firm, treat and protect lips while delivering intense hydration and smoothing over the appearance of fine lines. The crisp, precise tip allows you to easily define and contour lips, delivering a rich, long-lasting color veil in bold and everyday shades."

I have four of the shades. The two full sizes I bought, than only mini came in a cute Sephora set paired with a lip balm and the other mini was park of Sephora's Tarte Rainforest of the Sea 500 point perk!

So why do I love these lippies so much? Let's see....

  • They are easy to use and apply, "bullet" traditional lipsticks. This is always my favorite form of lip product.
  • Though traditional, since they are slimmer than a regular lipstick, it makes it easier to shape my lips. This is great for folks like me who don't have a defined cupid's bow.
  • They are so long wearing! The color lasts through eating, drinking and even a kiss! Also, the color didn't bleed or feather outside my lips at all.
  • PIGMENT! These colors are so vibrant and pigmented. One swipe saturated my lips with beautiful color.
  • Non drying matte! I love how these lippies do not dry out my lips like traditional matte lipsticks usually do.
  • Ingredients! The fact that there are antioxidants and great ingredients that treat and nourish my lips while I wear these is an added bonus.
  • The packaging! Okay, so I wouldn't rate a product on if the design of their packaging sucked, but being a sucker for pretty packaging, I love the gorgeous ombre tubes! 
 About the colors...
Surfer Girl
tarte.com calls it a "Cool Fuchsia"
Aside from loving the formula, this is one of my favorite of the shades I own AND also one of my favoreite lip colors of all time. I'm so in love with the fuchsia/purpley cool toned shade against my skin, eye and hair color. I think the color is unique and not one I come across too often. I need backups! Random fact: Ever since I was a kid I ALWAYS dreamed of being a Surfer Girl. LOL



Hey Sailor
tarte.com calls it a "Bright Pink"
Bright Pink is exactly what this shade is and that is why I love it. Cool toned, bright pinks are always my go to lip color of choice. I probably have similar lip colors in my collection, but that wasn't going to stop me.

Cabana Boy
tarte.com calls it "Mauve"
So I accidentally dropped this poor little guy and you can tell from the picture =( Still, though this is a shade I don't usually reach for I actually kind of like it! To me this Mauve is light rosy nude color, but not a light "concealer-like" nude. 




Beach Bum
tarte.com calls it a "Dark Nude"
Every shade can't look great on every single person (Unless you are @JenTarte who always looks amazing in all the swatch videos) and this shade is one I don't feel my most confident wearing. It is definitely dark and truthfully if it didn't come in a set I would not have bought it on my own. This just is not a color I go for. I think this kind of color looks amazing on those with deeper complexions and features than mine. My Godmother, with her olive skin, green eyes and dark hair, is going to be thrilled when I pass this on to her.




Surfer Girl, Hair Sailor, Beach Bum, Cabana Boy...no flash

Surfer Girl, Hair Sailor, Beach Bum, Cabana Boy...flash

Overall, if you have no tried these Drench Splash Lipsticks by tarte, you totally should! You will feel instagram worthy and with 12 colors there is something for everyone and your lips will thank you for the treatment they are getting as you wear!



Check out my other Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Reviews:
  • Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive Cleansing Gel & Marine Boost Mist: click here
  • Rainforest of the Sea Foundation: click here
  • Rainforest of the Sea Camouflage Cream: click here
  • Rainforest of the Sea Aquacealer Concealer & Brush: click here
  • Rainforest of the Sea Eyeshadow Palette with 4 looks: click here
#tarteunderthesea #rainforestofthesea #tarteskin

follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on instagram, twitter and snapchat!
<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top