Tweak-d Peaches and Fresh Cream Self Cleansing Hair Treatment

Hey everyone! So sorry I didn't blog for two weeks...sometimes, life just happens and I'll leave it at that. Today I am giving a first impressions review of the Tweak-d Self Cleansing Hair Treatment in the Rare Harvest scent, Peaches and Cream! Read on for more.

If you read my blog or follow me on instagram, you probably already know I LOVE the Tweak-d Self Cleansing Hair Treatments! They are so much more than an average cleansing conditioner and are extremely versatile and multi-tasking! Each formula (there are quite a few now) is a shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner, leave in conditioner, detangler and shine enhancer all in one! The most unique thing about the Tweak-ds are that you apply them first to DRY hair before getting your hair wet and then again to wet hair in the shower. My favorite way to use them is on dry hair as a pre shampoo treatment, but I also use them as directed as a shampoo/conditioner/deep conditioner when I don't have a lot of time or really need extra moisture and hydration.

You can find Tweak-d on HSN and they have a couple of shows coming up this week:

The Peaches and Fresh Cream Self Cleansing Treatment is part of the "Rare Harvest" or seasonal formulas that is exclusive for summer
Here is some information about Peaches and Fresh Cream that was provided to me from Tweak-d!
  • Protects against the harsh summer elements- wind, sun rays, humidity, hot dry heat
  • Ancient Hawaiian Secret featuring Kukui Nut Oil
  • Kukui Nut Oil (KNO)- used for centuries by Hawaiian women to protect their skin and hair against sea salt, wind, sun rays and dry hot heat
  • KNO is high in amino acids and essential fatty acids to hydrate and moisturize dry, damaged hair
  • KNO serves as a natural moisturizer to deliver unparalleled conditioning, smoothing and shine enhancing properties
  • Naturally derived cleansers cleanse the hair without stripping away the natural oils of the hair and scalp
  • Complete formulation creates a moisture barrier on the hair to protect against humidity, no more frizzy flyaway hair
  • Color-conserving formulation and helps to protect the hair from heat styling tools
  • Strengthens and softens hair
  • Helps create the appearance of texture and body
  • Formulated with 73 ingredients all tweak-d to perfection.
  • Additional components:
  • Seaweed and algae extracts are packed with vitamins and minerals so dry, brittle hair becomes stronger and less prone to breakage.
  • Coconut milk serves as a protein source for overexposed, weakened hair, delivering moisture and nourishment from roots to ends.
  • Aloe Vera extract helps to soothe and calm irritated scalps due to continuous sun and wind exposure
  • Formulated without parabens, sulfates, mineral oil or synthetic dye
  • Created for ALL hair types
 The smell of the Peaches and Fresh Cream is very nice. It smells like a fruity gourmand mix of vanilla and peach that doesn't smell fake sickly sweet or overpowering. I like the scent a lot, but not as much as my favorite formula the Tribal Chocolate. I don't think I'll ever like a formula's scent as much as that one, though!
directions for use
the main ingredient
Today I used it as instructed applying it on dry hair and then back again on wet. The bottle says you only need to leave it on dry hair for 2 minutes but I did leave it on my dry hair for an hour while I worked out. I personally use a pretty generous amount on my dry hair to really saturate all of it and so my hair can drink it all up. Plus my dry hair is literally so dry, especially the ends that still have damaged color on them. I like leaving the treatment on while I work out because I feel doing this so the sweat and heat from my body can help it penetrate better.

 I then got into the shower and rinsed it out completely. I applied more and massaged it into my scalp with the pads of my fingers and left it in the duration of my shower before rinsing again. Once I rinsed I added two half dollar sized amounts back to the ends of my hair.

After that I styled as usual applying styling products section by section raking them in and scrunching then clipping my hairline pieces with Ricky's NYC Creaseless Clips to dry straighter. I air dry. I wanted to use styling products I'm familiar with so I can see what the Peaches and Cream did specifically. The styling products I used was the Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Curl Creme and SheaMoisture High Porosity Finishing Elixir.


Like with all the Tweak-d Self Cleansing Treatments, my hair and scalp felt clean and moisturized. My hair felt soft and despite it being humid and rainy today, I had very minimal frizz and nice wave definition. My roots are slightly still wet in these pictures and I'm sorry lighting isn't the best, that's due to the rain and clouds.

I like this formula but just like the scent, Tribal Chocolate is still #1 for me. I think the Tribal Chocolate moisturized my hair a little bit more. However, I am excited to use this for Summer since my hair is prone to getting extremely frizzy in the warmer months and I noticed my hair was very minimally frizzy with this one. I am also planning on using this one at the beach to protect my hair from the sun, salt water and wind!



Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane


No comments

Back to Top