Hair and Makeup Of the Day featuring Raw Curls

I have been using the Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Cleanser and Conditioner for weeks now and really love them! In today's "Hair of the Day" I also used a Raw Curls styling product. Continue reading for more about my hair and makeup look!


So I've done a few blogs talking about the Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Cleanser and Conditioner recently. (Here and here are a couple) Not only do these products perform extremely well, but they have no junk or fillers in them whatsoever making them extremely concentrated and also good for your hair and the planet! As I've said before in previous blogs, aside from the usual "leaves my hair soft, helps with frizz, and everything", this duo REALLY helps define my wave pattern. like no other shampoo and conditioner before. I especially notice in in the under layers since my hairline/bangs/front is still oh so damaged and growing out s-l-o-w-l-y. The conditioner also doubles as in incredible leave in.

For today's day 1 wash day, I also experimented with the Raw Curls Mousse as a styler. While I did really like the definition and love incredibly soft my hair felt, my hair wound up a tad too large and fluffy for my liking. If you're into that kind of look, the mousse alone (with oil on top) will be perfect. since it does have a slight hold for fine hair. But for someone like me who does everything for anti-volume,  and anti-puff and likes sleeker waves and curls, I prefer using a gel or cream and maybe layering the mousse underneath. However, I was pleasantly surprised at how it tackled frizz by itself and I also certainly wouldn't dub this a "bad hair day" or "hair fail:. I will play around with the mousse more and keep you updated how it goes layered.
What is awesome about the mousse beside being natural based,  is it doesn't feel sticky or crunchy and also has plant based UV protection, cell rejuvenating ingredients as well as antioxidants inside!

So here is today's day 1 wash day products used:
  • Pre Shampoo Treatment: Tweak-d Tribal Chocolate
  • Shampoo: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Cleanser
  • Conditioner: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Conditioner 
  • Stylers: left the conditioner in (just lightly rinsed the roots), Raw Curls Mousse, Shea Moisture High Porosity Elixir
I applied each product on soaking wet hair section by section raking them through and then scrunching. Twisted up in a cotton towel while doing my skincare regimen, took it down and clipped the front hairline back to straighten it out some. Air dried.



I decided to do side by sides in the above pictures so you can see how when my hairline is clipped back, the underneath really is more defined! The hairline just really needs to grow out the bleach damage and it is the part of my hair that sadly does grow the slowest.
defined wavy curls with hairline clipped back
 Right now I am on a big no hair product buy but as soon as I am able to, I want to get the Raw Curls Frizz Control Spray and Shine Serum. I remember using them a couple years ago when I first tried out Raw Curls and they were awesome and I feel they would compliment the Wavy Swavy Cleanser and Conditioner wonderfully. 

MAKEUP
Honestly most days lately I have not been wearing makeup since I've been cleaning a lot. But I did decide to play today to take some of these pictures. =) I always like mixing up some of my tried and true QVC Beauty Brands! 
By the way, is it just me or does QVC UK get better deals than QVC US lately? I'm a bit upset that QVC UK got that new Mally Neutralizing Primer in their version of the Today's Special Value and we didn't!!! It is important to know that Mally and her team doesn't have control over that, it is the QVC buyers who ultimately decide what goes in the kits. But still. Sad panda.
I used the following products today:

  • Tarte CC Colored Clay Eyeshadow Primer (I like this even if I don't wear shadow to even out my eyelids)
  • Doll 10 Beauty Hydra Gel Foundation, shade LIGHT 
  • Tarte Cosmetics CC Undereye Corrector in LIGHT (Not in picture)
  • Tarte Cosmetics Aquacealer in LIGHT
  • Mally Beauty Effortless Airbrush Blush in PINK
  • Make Beauty 4K Ultra Fantasy HD Powder Foundation in LIGHT
  • Doll 10 Beauty Effortlash Mascara
  • Mall Beauty Lipstick in French Kiss
  • Mall Beauty High Shine Liquid Lipstick in Life In Fuchsia

Speaking of QVC Beauty, if you never tried Doll 10 before, June 14th will be a fantastic opportunity to try the brand for the first time!!! ;)
that front damaged hair near my lip is bothering the heck out of my after.i may attempt to trim it.
side note: you can't imagine how many selfies we take to actually get a shot where Stretch is looking at the camera AND my hair looks good! LOL
Shirt is by Lilly Pulitzer =)

follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane











No comments

Back to Top