My Acne and Anti Aging Skincare Regimen!

I've been meaning to do this post for a while, and I finally am here doing it! I'm a b̶i̶t̶ lot obsessed with skin care, even more than makeup. I view it like I view hair care: I don't wear makeup 7 days a week (usually), but not a second of any day goes by where I am not wearing my skin! So I want it to look as best it can. Plus, the better my skin acts, the easier makeup applies and less I need. Today, I am going to go into detail about how I take care of my skin in the morning, night AND weekly. Read on for more.



So it would probably be helpful for you to know my skin type. I have combination, acne prone skin but am also beginning to notice the first signs of aging, especially as wrinkles around my eyes. Plus I have dark circles and see some little age spots and freckles trying to peek through (stupid tanning beds in high school. UGH) So I have a multitude of issues to address. Lately, my skin has been behaving quite well for the most part (knock on wood)

In the pictures of products, the big purple jar is taste's Maracuja Neck Treatment but the writing wore off.

SKIN FROM WITHIN
I'm a big believer of what you put inside your body will show outside, and not just on your hips. To achieve the best skin possible, I eat pretty clean and healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables. I do eat meat and dairy and I know dairy is controversial with how your skin looks, but I don't have a reaction to it (thankfully...because, cheese!) When I cheat a bit too much with processed and treat foods, I break out almost immediately.

I drink about a gallon of water a day and if I slack, I notice my skin looks more dull. I like to flavor my water with lemon, basil, or whatever fruits I have around the house and this helps me sip more.

Finally on the skin from within topic, I am a big believer in supplementing my diet with certain vitamins. While it won't make up for a bad diet, the addition of taking certain vitamins I feel helps tremendously. A favorite that I do take for my skin is the Daily Cleanse from HUM Nutrition which I've blogged about before (you can use my code F9764 for $10 your first purchase on humnutrition.com)


MORNING ROUTINE
These are the products I use in order in the morning...

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
A gentle face wash that targets acne AND fine lines at once! What could possibly be better??

Tarte Cosmetics Marine Boosting Mist
I'm absolutely obsessed with this magical elixir! I use as a toner and to prep my skin for all the products that will follow. Since I've been faithfully using it since February of this year, I noticed a significant decrease in the redness on my cheeks and around my nose! Plus, the bottle is gorgeous and it smells SO GOOD! I hope tarte makes it in a supersize.

Murad Advanced Acne & Wrinkler Reducer
A light serum that targets acne AND wrinkles, just like the cleanser. I LOVE Murad for developing these combo products! Star ingredients inside include Salycylic Acid, Retinol and Glycolic Acid.

Tarte Cosmetics Maracuja Neck Treatment
Such a thick and decadent treatment high in Vitamin C thanks to the  Maracuja Oil inside. I've been using this for a few months now and notice my double chin area is smoother, plus my neck and chest feel soft and look even tone. A neck treatment may be an extra step, but it is so important because if you don't take care of it, it can give away your age even if your face looks a lot younger!

Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30
Wearing SPF 365 days a year rain, shine or clouds is a must for me so I love that this product not only has SPF, but also moisturizes my face without being heavy and  has an "Oil Control Complex" to help with shine as well as break outs

Tarte Cosmetics Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment
Infused with Maracuja Oil like the Neck treatment, this balm is rich and hydrates and brightens my delicate eye area nicely. I use this under my eyes and all around my orbital bone and lids, too. A teeny tiny little bit goes such a long way. I also use this around my lips since I've been drinking out of straws my whole life to try and help lip wrinkles.

NIGHT ROUTINE
Every night I double cleanse regardless of if I wore makeup or not. Since I live in such a high pollution area, I want to get all the toxins and garbage off my face!

Tarte Cosmetics Deep Dive Cleansing Gel
The is the first of my two step cleansing routine. This Gel Cleanser is perfection! It removes all of my makeup, even waterproof eye makeup and it does not sting my eyes, it smells good (lavender) and the bottle is beautiful! Plus, it comes in a pump!!! I love when stuff comes in pumps, so easy!

Clarisonic Mia 3 (with the Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser)
I first bought a Clarisonic in March 2011 (why do I remember the exact month? LOL) and I have not been without one since, except for a week last Summer when my first Clarisonic died and I waited for my new one to come in.) I will not be without a Clarisonic, I rather skip a meal. Some people prefer to use theirs once in a while but me, I use mine 7 nights a week. I don't care how tired I am, what time of the night I am, my face does not feel as clean without the Clarisonic. The biggest thing it has helped me with from years ago are blackheads! I don't get nearly as many as I did before using it. I like to alternate between the acne and deep cleansing brush heads and I change the brush every 3 months. (usually Ulta has buy 1 get 1 free on the replacement brush heads in the fall, so I get 4 for the next year)

Tarte Cosmetics Marine Boosting Mist
After I spray both morning and night, I like to wait a couple minutes for it to sink in before applying products on top. I usually use this time to brush my teeth.

Murad Post Acne Spot Lightening Gel
Because the ugly red spots that pimples leave behind are just as annoying as the zits themselves! This gel smells a bit weird, but since I started using it (I added it in about 2 months after the other Murad products) I noticed my spots do indeed fade faster! (side note: Before this I was using the Advanced Acne & Wrinkle Reducer 2x a day instead of 1)

Tarte Maracuja Neck Treatment
Tip: I massage it in gently in upward strokes.

Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion
Don't sleep in lotions with SPF, it can actually dry your skin out! This lotion doesn't have SPF but it does help with acne, redness, hydration, and texture without being too heavy!

Tarte Maracuja C Brighter Eye Treatment
Tip: Use the middle or ring finger to gently tap product in. They have less pressure than your pointer finger for the delicate eye area!

Tarte Maracuja Oil/Josie Maran Argan Oil...Mix
Finally at night I like to use an oil as my last step. I've been using this mix for years. I take a bottle of each and then combine them together. The Maracuja Oil is high in Vitamin C for brightness and Argan Oil is high in Vitamin E which helps with skin elasticity.  I can't stress enough how great oil blends are if you have oily or combination skin!! This oil mix helps keep my skin soft, helps with excess oil control and keeps shine to more of a minimum, and also has helped with breakouts!

*tip: If you ever get sunburn, Pure Argan Oil will heal it faster than anything else! I've watched it happened first hand when a certain boyfriend of mine ignores me telling him to use more SPF at the beach!

Also, both morning and night if i do have ugly, red, angry zits I really like the Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix and in the morning I'll also use the Murad Acne Treatment Concealer.

WEEKLY
Oh you thought I was done? LOL A girl has GOT to mask if she wants nice skin! I usually go for 2 times a week (lately it has been Monday and Thursday) and my favorite are Clay Masks that help detoxify and draw out the toxins and impurities. I actually have a few solid favorites, I think I'll do a separate blog on them since this is starting to get a bit long!

Masks
Blog post coming soon!

PMD: Personal Microderm
This is a Microdermobrasion treatment you do at home yourself just one time a week. I will do it prior to a face mask on one of the days. It literally helps make everything better: texture, pores, fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes..everything! The brand says any skin care used after it can actually penetrate up to 20x deeper which is why I always follow it with a mask (to get the most out of the mask) It may take a little bit to get the hang out how to use, but man is it worth it!!!

NuFace Facial Toning Device
If you haven't noticed, I am a bit  of a beauty tech geek! I received a NuFace as a Christmas present in 2013 and have been using it faithfully ever since. I don't use it every single day, but the more I use it, the better my face looks. I do use it AT LEAST 3 times a week, most weeks about 5 times. It has helped to define my cheek bones and jawline. Especially my jawline. I really want to get the mini attachment and the Wrinkle Reducer Attachments for it in the future!

Well that's it. Sounds like a lot of work but I've gotten my routine down to a science for what works for me and actual application is really fast.

Of course, sometimes I get samples of different products from Birchbox or Sephora Play and will try them out, but this is my tried and true core routine I've been doing at least 3 months now.

Here is my bare face, no makeup, no filter, no edits at all. If I could really, truly fix anything it would definitely be my undereye area!

follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!


disclaimer: I am NOT endorsed or sponsored by any of these companies mentioned. I just really like the products. I don't receive money for mentioning them.

<3 Diane




2 comments

  1. I think I need to try those Murad products. After all, you have been so right about the Clarisonic. Since I've started using mine every day I have really noticed a difference in my skin. Can't wait to read the mask post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you totally should try some Murad! their products wowed me and i'm even impressed how little goes a long way. Still on my tubes from March!!

      Delete

Back to Top