Raw Curls Spray Gel First Use (Hair of the Day)

I've been loving what the Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Cleanser and Conditioner have been doing for my hair so much and I've also been enjoying playing around with the styling products! Today (err...Saturday) I tried a Raw Curls product I never tried before, the Spray Gel! Continue reading for more.

I really think consistent use of Raw Curls is increasing the definition in my waves! I've found some pretty defined clumps here and there that are straight up curly!! If only all my hair can be one nice uniform curl pattern. heh.

I tried the Raw Curls Spray Gel for the first time today. I never used a spray gel before, I kind of assumed they would never have enough hold or frizz taming action for my wild mane but Raw Curls decided to prove me wrong!

Here is what Raw Curls' website says about their Spray Gel:

"Raw Curls Spray Gel is great for a medium hold hairspray on dry hair or for scrunching curls and giving extra body to fine, limp hair when used on wet hair. Our all natural Super Spray Gel enhances curl formation without that hard, uncomfortable crunchy feeling, and holds your curls shape all day long! Raw Curls organic hair spray and gel is also great for thermal styling with both curling and flat irons. Professionally formulated to be used by even the most elite hair stylists, our organic hair care products are sure to outperform unhealthy commercial hair products. Silicone-Free, Sulfate-Free, Alcohol-Free, Paraben-Free, Wheat-Free, GMO-Free, No Animal Testing."

I have not tried it on dry hair yet, but I may experiment with that tomorrow.

I'm happily impressed with this stuff! It did not leave my hair hard, stiff, sticky, or crunchy AT ALL! It also was not weak, leaving my hair too puffy and frizzy like I feared! I have zero frizz even though I went out and it's HUMID today, my hair feels so soft and healthy and best of all, my wave definition is phenomenal. I'm especially excited once I grow out the remaining damaged bleached ends and the ends/shape of my hair in general gets better to see how my hair behaves with this line. Of course I have some wonkiness here and there with some of the damaged ends, but that is to be expected and it is not super bad.

Pictures were taken in different spots in my yard so there's a few different lighting situations going on. It's crazy to me how my hair color could look so different based on where the sun is in relation to my camera.
in direct sunlight
in direct sunlight
Here is what I used today:
  • Pre Shampoo Treatment: Tweak-d Fresh Peaches & Cream
  • Shampoo: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Cleanser
  • Conditioner: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Conditioner and a mix of Shea Moisture masques
  • Stylers: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Conditioner (as a leave in), Raw Curls Spray Gel, SheaMoisture Professional Baotein Precious Oils Complex™ Vibrant Color Clear Shine Glaze

I finally used up the Shea Moisture High Porosity Elixir oil blend I was using forever to seal my hair a few washes ago and have been using this Oil Complex Glaze also by SheaMoisture that's in my product junkie stash 1now to seal. It's really nice and a little goes a long, long way.

 In the pictures right above of my sides in that light you can really see the still bleach damaged parts that are bleh and just need to grow out!

I applied my products section by section raking them in and scrunching as the ends and then air drying, as usual. I wasn't sure how much of the Spray Gel to actually use but the directions did say generously so I did anywhere from 15-20 squirts per section for 6 total sections. I prefer to spray the product in the palm of my hands and then apply rather than spray directly onto my hair. I may have used a wee bit much, I think next wash I'll try 10-15 squirts per section instead, but I still liked my results!

Also today instead of clipping my hairline back for it to dry straighter, I did a "two strand twist" on each side and clipped it to stay put so it would look a bit more like the rest of my hair. I liked the results but I definitely need more practice.

2 strand twists clipped back to air dry




WIN RAW CURLS PRODUCTS!!
If you've been wanting to try Raw Curls products there's actually a way you can win them! If you use Facebook, add one of the founders, Ken Nickels, as your Facebook friend! He does giveaways every so often and once he has 1,000 friends there is going to be a HUGE Raw Curls giveaway!!! Feel free to say you friended him after reading my blog if you want ;)

Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat!

<3 Diane





No comments

Back to Top