Tarte Cosmetics Kiss & Blush Lip & Cheek Palette

Tarte Cosmetics has been nonstop this whole year releasing new goodness. Recently they added more products to the amazing Rainforest of the Sea collection, including this limited edition Kiss & Blush Lip & Cheek Palette! Read on for my thoughts and review of this palette.

 Here is what tarte.com says about the palette:
"Product performance: A creamy, dreamy natural-looking flush is as easy as “kiss & blush” with this all-in-one, convertible cream cheek & lip palette. With a hydrating, cream formula and six shades that work across skin tones, you’ll achieve natural, everyday radiance, while contouring and plumping the look of cheek and lip volume. The five fade-free blushes double as universal lipstick shades in pigmented warm and cool tones to brighten your look with coordinating color. The full face palette also includes a versatile strobing highlighter, and all shades feature a new creamy balm formula for goofproof blending. It melts into skin and helps fade the look of pores and fine lines, while vitamins C, E and tarte’s Rainforest of the Sea™ antioxidant complex work to nourish, condition and protect."

I was going to wait a while before purchasing this palette since I prefer bullet style lipsticks anyway and wasn't sure I "needed" it. But then I realized it was part of Rainforest of the Sea, and the day I got it there was a free FULL SIZE LASH PAINT MASCARA (my hg mascara!) with purchase on tarte.com and I was itching to get the new skincare items (reviews of those will be coming) so it was meant to be. (side note: I use and love so much tarte skin care already! Check out my skincare regimen blog post here)

 I absolutely adore the cover of this palette! Gorgeously pink and sand dollars!! What's not to like!? Tarte's design team is always amazing.

The palette itself is the same size as the Tarteist contour palette and Rainforest of the Sea Wipeout Color Correcting Palette. What's cool is, since all those shades in all the palettes pop out you can really customize your own face palette with exactly what you need if you are going away. The inside cover also has a nice sized mirror. I hope in the future tarte releases individual refill pans of colors separately.

The formula of this palette excellent! The colors are all very creamy, buttery and easy to use. The highlighter shade is a little less moisturizing than the rest, but still nice.

When worn as blush on the cheek, I like using 2 fingers to gently pat it into my skin. I feel the warmth of my fingers helps the product go into my skin. The pigmentation is buildable. Because my skin is combination, oily they don't last on my blush-eating-cheeks too long alone, so I'll usually use a bit of Amazonian Clay blush on top.

On my lips I will either use a finger or a lip brush to be more precise. I was so happy to see that these colors last on my lips quite a while, even through drinking. Some colors do last more than others, and the darker colors last the longest. They leave my lips feeling soft and moisturized and have a little bit of shine to them. I like that they are not completely matte. It is also fun to mix and match colors to make custom shades!



Here are the colors you get:
  • smooch (pink)
  • peck (nude)
  • butterflies (mauve)
  • saucy (berry)
  • tickled (peach)
  • cloud 9 (pearl highlight)

no flash
flash

The highlight color, "cloud 9" looks gorgeous on top of any of the other colors and makes the lips look fuller and more dimensional. I also use this sometimes under my brow bone and it is pretty. I haven't used it to "strobe" on my cheeks since I have combination skin my goal is usually mattify, mattify, mattify.

In all of the below pictures, they were all taken with no flash and "smooch" is on my cheeks.
butterflies
butterflies
peck
peck
saucy
saucy
tickled
tickled
smooch
smooch
smooch with cloud 9 on top
smooch with cloud 9 on top

I was really happy that all these shades are cool toned, it makes them really wearable! My very favorite color (which comes as no surprise to those who know me) is the gorgeous blue toned pink, "smooch" Oh this is such a PERFECT pink lippie shade! I absolutely adore it. It reminds me a bit of the Amazonian Clay lipstick shade "Whimsy" which I love that tarte discontinued. 



Tarte has a cute limited edition double ended brush that goes with the palette. I didn't purchase it yet, but it certainly is on my wishlist because I love tarte's brushes!

As of now this is only on tarte.com and Sephora.com. Since it is Rainforest of the Sea, I don't believe it will go to Ulta.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram.

<3 Diane


1 comment

  1. Thank you for the great review! I totally love the design of this palette and am seriously thinking about getting it now ;)
    Christina ♥ https://caliope-couture.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top