Hair and Makeup Vacation Details and OMG I AM ENGAGED!!!!!

If you follow me on social media, you probably saw that last week my fiance (!!!!!) and I were on a mini vacation and we got engaged!!! This blog post is to share some vacation pictures, talk about my hair and makeup details and to happily share the proposal story. =) Read on for more.


 We didn't go away as long as we usually do this year because of a lot of stuff going on but any mini vacation is better than none and this one was PERFECT! We first went down to Wildwood for 2 nights and then to Atlantic City for a night before returning home. Wildwood (New Jersey) is about a 2 hour drives from where we are, so not to bad. We've been going down there for the past four years now and love it.

PROPOSAL STORY
I did think Tommie was going to propose to me sometime this year, but I wasn't sure exactly when. At Wildwood, I always loved being on the beach around 7:30/8pm just as the last moments of sunlight are there because the sky is a beautiful breathtaking combination of pinks and blues and the ocean water looks gorgeously fake. We've been doing this every trip, hanging out on the beach, watching the waves and really just enjoying each other.. The second night we were there, Tommie was acting a bit weird and I wasn't sure why. Before we left the beach to get dinner, he told me he loved me, pulled out a stunning ring, and asked me to marry him. It truly was one of the best moments of my life. Of course I said YES! I got weak and even cried a tiny bit. We stood there and hugged for a while and it was quite magical. I truly could not have been happier at the moment.




HAIR
We lucked out that it didn't rain at all during our vacation, but the humidity was SOOOO HIGH!! IT was so terribly humid, the weather app said it felt like 90% humidity. My fibromyalgia did flare a bit but I ignored it as much as possible (my neck felt like 1,0000 knives were stabbing it at all times) and if you have curly or wavy hair, I don't think I have to tell you how crazy humidity can be with it.(see pics below for proof)

I did my best to keep my hair looking presentable but there was still frizz. Humidity does increase my curl wave pattern, but also increases the size of my hair, much to my dismay since I don't like big hair on me. I used A LOT of styling products every day when I was down there. More products than I've used together in years. Loaded up a ton on my wet hair and added even more in when it was dry. Anything to tame the beast.

Here's a list of the products I brought with me and used...

  • Pre-Shampoo: Tweak-d Restore Hair Cleansing Treatment (I also used this when we were on the beach to protect my hair from the elements)
  • Shampoo: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Cleanser
  • Conditioner: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Conditioner (this was also my leave in when I was there)
  • Stylers (Wet Hair): Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Conditioner, Raw Curls Anti-Frizz Spray, Raw Curls Mousse, Raw Curls Medium Hold Gel, SheaMoisture Sacha Inchi Oil Serum
  • Stylers (Dry Hair): Raw Curls Anti Frizz Spray (as a hair refresher), DevaCurl MirrorCurls, DevaCurl Set Up & Above Pomade, Living Proof Humidity Shield, BigSexyHair Spray & Play Hairspray (this is actually Tommie's. I used it in Atlantic City only)
MAKEUP
When it is so humid out, I always have a fear of my makeup melting off my face and usually it does. I'm really impressed with how well my makeup held up in the humidity. This is everything I used every day (except lip color since I varied a bit with them)
forgot to include the eye shadow primer in here
  • Primer: Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer 
  • Concealer: Tarte CC Color Corrector in LIGHT/MEDIUM & Mally Beauty See The Light Concealer in shade LIGHT
  • Cream Contour: Tarte Globe Trekker Bronzer 
  • Foundation: Mally Beauty Poreless Perfection Foundation shade LIGHT
  • Blush & Eyeshadows: from Tarte's Coral Crush Eye & Face Palette
  • Powder: Mally Beauty Start to Finish Brightening & Finishing Powder (review on this soon)
  • Finish: Mally Beauty Poreless Face Defender
  • Eyebrows: Benefit Cosmetics Gimme brow in Shade 1 
  • Eyeshadow Primer: Benefit Cosmetics Air Patrol
  • Mascara Primer: Tarte Opening Act
  • Mascara: Mally Beauty More is More Mascara
  • Setting Spray: Supergoop Defense Refresh Setting Mist
 MORE PICS!

 Playing around on the beach our first night in Wildwood. Day 1 hair...

This was taken in the motel room before going out to the beach and boardwalk....
And these were taken when we got back to the motel after being at the beach and boardwalk. What humidity does to my hair is absolutely insane.


On the beach Wednesday! A gorgeous beach day, completely makeup free, just tons of SPF!!


These pics were taken on the beach on our second night in Wildwood. My favorite time of day, the beach and sunset are so beautiful. I was so super happy to just be there with Tommie, and these were all taken before the proposal! I may have gone a bit too heavy handed with my hair products, but I didn't want my hair to expand and get super frizzy again! day 1 hair again freshly washed then diffused after the beach all day. I only diffused so it would dry in time for pictures since my hair takes so so long to dry.

This was a selfie I took on the way from Wildwood to Atlantic City. Second day hair with so much stuff in it to fight humidity. I'm being so cliche posing with my ring again. ;)

I didn't take many pictures once we got to Atlantic City! ;( I didn't even ask Tommie to do an outfit picture of me for the night. It was just too hot and humid to go posing outside on the beach again, and we were really just enjoying each others' company as fiances. hehe. Here we are at the Impractical Jokers show that night. Those dudes are so funny.


3rd day hair and last day of vacation. Our check out time from the hotel was 12pm and we woke up at 11:56am. Oops! We managed to check out on the TV at 11:59am, grabbed our stuff and ran out. Because of 2 days worth of tons of products, messy bun was the only option. This picture was actually at Seaside, we stopped for a bit on the way home.

I hope you enjoyed hearing about my proposal story and seeing some vacation pictures! =)

 Follow Me on Social Media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane


6 comments

  1. Congratulations! Your ring is lovely, and so are you. Your "getaway weekend" looks were so natural and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am late to the party but CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
    Gorgouis (like Mally would say it) ring. I love your "big" hair, too. Wishing you both every happiness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words on my engagement! =)

      Delete

Back to Top