Ouidad Curl Immersion Cleansing Conditioner and Silky Souffle Setting Creme

So I've been incorporating the Ouidad Curl Immersion products since I received them for the last couple of weeks. I am REALLY impressed by how my dry hair is reacting to them. Read on for more about today's "Hair of the Day" and details.

If you missed my first post with the Ouidad Curl Immersion line, you can read that here. It also gives more details about the Triple Treat Deep Conditioner and Hi-Defining Custard.




Curl Immersion No-Lather Coconut Cream Cleansing Conditioner
What They Say: "Ouidad's creamy co-wash infuses kinky curls with natural oils for deep penetrating moisture and essential fatty acids to help strengthen strands while you cleanse. The lightweight oil blend includes coconut oil to help reduce protein loss and improve hair texture, Abyssinian oil for manageability and strength, and rosemary oil to stimulate scalp circulation. Mafura butter adds deep moisturization, while sage oil removes scalp impurities to help alleviate scalp irritation. Use 1-2x a week to cleanse foam-free without stripping natural oils. Ideal for coarse and very dry hair. Perfect for color treated hair. Luxe conditioning and hydration."

What I Say: This Co-wash is not just for kinky curls!! I clearly don't have kinky curls and it works wonderfully on me. The fact it comes in a pump bottle makes it that much better (if you read my blog regularly, you probably know my love of pump bottles. lol. It smells like a Pina Colada but the scent is not overwhelming. Since it does not lather, I do use quite a bit each wash to make sure my hair gets clean. I usually use about 16 pumps total all over my scalp and hair and gently massage in with the pads of my fingers to cleanse. I leave it in about 2 or 3 minutes before rinsing. My hair feels hydrated and moisturized and it preps it for conditioner or a masque to follow. I like incorporating a co-wash like this at least once a week so my hair doesn't get too stripped. Aside from having some awesome oils to help strengthen and repair the hair, I also really like the fact it has essential oils like Rosemary and Sage to increase circulation and help hair growth since I'm forever trying to grow out my hair.

Curl Immersion Silky Souffle Setting Creme
What They Say: "With mafura butter to soften and prime curls. Emollient-rich crème quickly transforms dehydrated curls, creating healthy-looking spirals. Concentrated fatty acids from Kalahari melon seed, coconut, avocado and grapeseed oils nourish, rebuild and protect distressed curls, while mafura butter adds deep moisturization and strength. Lightweight styling polymers add hold, provide definition and shine. For braid-outs, twists and priming your curls for cocktailing, utilize for the ultimate moisturized curl set."

What I Say: I really am curious if this replaced the Dry Recovery Souffle that suddenly disappeared off Ouidad.com and Ulta.com. Some of the ingredients are very similar. Scent wise, it is identical to the Cleansing Conditioner. The side of the jar says you can use this to refresh and moisturize second day hair so I will definitely be trying that. It also says this is perfect for dehydrated hair, which is what I have! I have yet to use this all by itself to see how it works solo. Today I used this prior to the Hi-Defining Custard instead of the Moisture-Lock Leave In Conditioner since the side of the Custard jar suggested to layer this with it for "enhanced curl definition and hydration" I love this stuff! I had nice curl definition and my hair just felt and looked nice and healthy. I would say this is a heavier leave in so even if you like Moisture-Lock but think your hair can use something even MORE moisturizing, give this a go.


Here are the products I used today:
  • Pre-Shampoo: Coconut Oil (overnight)
  • Cleanse: Ouidad Curl Immersion No-Lather Coconut Cream Cleansing Conditioner
  • Conditioner: Ouidad Curl Immersion Triple Treat Deep Conditioner
  • Style: (wet) Ouidad Curl Immersion Silky Souffle Setting Creme, Hi-Defining Custard, SheaMoisture Sacha Inchi Oil Serum
  • Style: (dry) Ouidad Clear Control Pomade
I applied the products the same way I always do, section by section raking them through, shaking at the end and then scrunching. Air dried until it was about 95% dry while clipping back the front pieces.

Since I was going out I decided to blow dry my roots a bit so I'd be good to go. That SheaMoisture Oil Serum I use is a Heat Protection so that's a plus. I actually don't use a diffuser on my hair since it makes my hair too frizzy and large. I use the sleek nozzle and aim it down at my hair like this pic below:

Once it was all done and I finished with a cool setting, I used the Ouidad Clear Control Pomade on top to help with any frizz and add extra shine. I love this pomade because it holds my hair in place without leaving it feeling stiff, hard or crunchy. Especially good with all this humidity.


 I was very happy with my hair today, even in the high humidity, though it did expand a little by the end of the night. My hair was nicely defined with tons of shine and felt so very soft.



If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!


<3 Diane

2 comments

  1. I have curly hair too, but I haven't tried anything from Ouidad. I'm very intrigued!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they've been one of my favorite curly brands since the early 2000s! definitely give them a try if you can, they make a bunch of nice little try me kits =)

      Delete

Back to Top