Ouidad Curl Immersion Deep Conditioner & Hi-Defining Custard First Use

Being a huge Ouidad fan, I was so excited to see them release a new line of products called "Curl Immersion!" This collection was created for those whose hair needs lots of moisture, hydration, is dry and damaged, super porous and parched. Today (well...Saturday) I tried the deep conditioner and one of the styling products for the first time. Read on for more!

 I'll definitely be doing a few blog posts on this new Ouidad Curl Immersion line. Aside from the products today, I also have the Co-Wash and Silky Souffle Setting Creme to try, too! The packages say these products are for kinky curls, but any curls that are dry and need moisture will benefit from them, regardless of curl type.



Curl Immersion Triple Treat Deep Conditioner
 What They Say: "Deep-penetrating conditioner hydrates and softens kinky curls. Sulfate, paraben and gluten free, Triple Treat is formulated with coconut and avocado oils to infuse curls with maximum moisturization without weighing curls down. Lightweight grapeseed oil acts as a sealant to lock moisture into the cuticle so curls look hydrated. Restores natural ceramides, which are lost during chemical processes and heat styling, so after just 2 minutes, curls return to their natural shape. Moisturizes, seals and restores."

What I Say: Ouidad is amazing at deep conditioners and treatments! Their Deep Treatment Curl Restoration Therapy (which has been renamed at least 3 times since I began using it) and the Curl Recovery Melt Down Extreme Repair Masque are two of my very favorite hair treatments EVER, so this newbie had big shoes to fill. The texture is so rich and decadent, a little really goes a long way. There is a subtle perfumey smell to it that isn't overwhelming at all. Directions say to leave it in for as little as 2 minutes but I left it in closer to 20 since I just returned from vacation and it was so incredibly humid I had so much product in my hair, plus I was at the beach, so I really wanted to repair it. My hands slid through my hair effortlessly once I rinsed out. It just felt so very smooth and moisturized. Even my bleached ends which need a trim again that I am procrastinating felt and looked significantly better after!


Hi-Defining Custard
What They Say: "Ouidad's weightless oil-in-gel styling envelops kinky curls to create perfect curls with shine-straight from the shower. Formulated with no alcohol, Ouidad's gel-in-oil blend defines curls with Kalahari melon seed, coconut, avocado and grapeseed oils and replenishes moisture while smoothing the cuticle. Lightweight styling polymers hold all day. Ideal for braid-outs, defining curls and transition styles. Twist, set, style and go."

What I Say: I thought this smelled a bit like wine, in a good way. It was definitely an interesting consistency, almost like a thicker serum. I went easy handed with it since it is made for super dry hair and I didn't want to overdue it and that worked out well. I applied this with my leave in and oil to seal section by section, raking it through and shaking a bit at the end (The Ouidad way!) then scrunching before allowing my hair to air dry with the front clipped back.

The other styler in the Curl Immersion line is called the Silky Souffle Setting Creme. I'm not quite sure of the difference between that and the custard yet, but the directions on the size of the Custard said you can layer the 2 products together for added moisture and curl definition. I'll be trying that soon!

Products Used:
  • Shampoo: Ouidad Superfruit Renewal Clarifying Shampoo (Because as mentioned earlier, I just got back from vacation and used so much hair product to fight the insane humidity, I needed a good, thorough cleaning)
  • Conditioner: Ouidad Curl Immersion Triple Treat Deep Conditioner, left in about 20 minutes.
  • Stylers: Ouidad Moisture-Lock Leave In Conditioner, Curl Immersion Hi-Defining Custard, SheaMoisture Sacha Inchi Oil Oil Serum

I was SUPER happy with the results of my hair today. Soft,smooth, defined wavy curls that were really, really, REALLY shiny! I did have a little bit of frizz but it was very humid and rainy today and I went outside, so that didn't completely shock me.

So far I am quite pleased with the Curl Immersion Line from Ouidad and think there are some excellent options here for very dry hair in need of lots of moisture. Please be sure to subscribe to see upcoming posts of when I use this line!

A good way to try these products is to check out the Curl Immersion Travel Set featuring 2.5oz of the Cleansing Conditioner and 2oz each of the Deep Conditioner, Hi-Defining Custard and Silky Souffle Setting Creme!
bonus points if you get my shirt reference!

Follow Me On Social Media! @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane
Our Triple Treat Deep Conditioner is a rich, super moisturizing formula that hydrates, de-frizzes, and softens hair while banishing dryness and encouraging curl definition and shine. This luxe conditioner penetrates to the cuticle to restore natural ceramides and maintain moisture and shine while restoring hair strength, elasticity, moisture retention, porosity, smoothness, and strength. - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/triple-treat-deep-conditioner.html#product-detail-tab
Our Triple Treat Deep Conditioner is a rich, super moisturizing formula that hydrates, de-frizzes, and softens hair while banishing dryness and encouraging curl definition and shine. This luxe conditioner penetrates to the cuticle to restore natural ceramides and maintain moisture and shine while restoring hair strength, elasticity, moisture retention, porosity, smoothness, and strength. - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/triple-treat-deep-conditioner.html#product-detail-tab
Our Triple Treat Deep Conditioner is a rich, super moisturizing formula that hydrates, de-frizzes, and softens hair while banishing dryness and encouraging curl definition and shine. This luxe conditioner penetrates to the cuticle to restore natural ceramides and maintain moisture and shine while restoring hair strength, elasticity, moisture retention, porosity, smoothness, and strength. - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/triple-treat-deep-conditioner.html#product-detail-tab
Our Triple Treat Deep Conditioner is a rich, super moisturizing formula that hydrates, de-frizzes, and softens hair while banishing dryness and encouraging curl definition and shine. This luxe conditioner penetrates to the cuticle to restore natural ceramides and maintain moisture and shine while restoring hair strength, elasticity, moisture retention, porosity, smoothness, and strength. - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/triple-treat-deep-conditioner.html#product-detail-tab
Our Triple Treat Deep Conditioner is a rich, super moisturizing formula that hydrates, de-frizzes, and softens hair while banishing dryness and encouraging curl definition and shine. This luxe conditioner penetrates to the cuticle to restore natural ceramides and maintain moisture and shine while restoring hair strength, elasticity, moisture retention, porosity, smoothness, and strength. - See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/triple-treat-deep-conditioner.html#product-detail-tab

No comments

Back to Top