SheaMoisture Weightless Shea Serum Foundation

If you read my blog (thank you!) it is no secret I'm a big SheaMoisture fan! I was excited to see them expand their cosmetics line and come into Ulta stores! I've tried some of their lip products, eyeshadows and other makeup a couple of years ago and they were great, so I was super excited to get my hands on their new foundation. I've had this since April so I have been able to really get a feel and form an opinion of it quite well. Continue reading for more.



The SheaMoisture Weightless Shea Serum Foundation sounds absolutely incredible!

From Ulta.com:
"SheaMoisture's Weightless Shea Serum Foundation provides customized coverage that looks and feels totally natural. Formulated with natural ingredients and blended with moisturizing Shea butter and antioxidant-rich vitamins C and E to nourish and protect the skin. Free of parabens, talc, gluten, sulfates, silicone, phthalates, mineral oil and synthetic fragrance. Hypoallergenic, noncomedogenic, dermatologist tested."

A foundation with great skin-improving ingredients inside, without icky ingredients and at an affordable price that even goes on sale!!! This really could have been Holy Grail status.

This foundation comes in 20 forgiving shades from really light to really dark. It is nice to see there is something for everyone, even if you may need to mix two like I do sometimes. The serum is in a pump bottle, which I am all about. I LOVE the easy convenience of pumps and if it was up to me every beauty product I own would have a pump bottle.
shade "Porcelain"
shade "Latte"
I have the shades "Porcelain" and "Latte" which are the two lightest shades of the range. Right now that it is Summer, the shade "Latte" is a great fit for my skin. During the rest of the year (because I have had these a few months now) mixing "Latte" with "Porcelain" works out better for me since "Latte" is a tad too dark by itself.
No Flash: Porcelain, Latte, Porcelain & Latte Mixed
Flash: Porcelain, Latte, Porcelain & Latte Mixed
I have combination, oily, acne prone skin. The foundation didn't cause me to break out which was a concern since there are some very moisturizing ingredients, such as Shea Butter inside.

Coverage of this foundation is buildable to more than medium. It isn't quite full coverage, since I still prefer concealer for my dark circles with it, but it leaves my skin looking more even toned and pretty flawless. My skin looks like a better version of itself rather than a mask or looking fake. It doesn't settle into lines or pores. I just go in with concealer on acne marks and dark circles and all is good.

Finish wise, this foundation is extremely dewy. I think those with dry skin will really like this feature. I strongly prefer a matte finish and if I don't set this with a finishing powder, my skin does look greasy and oily. Even with a powder over it, in the hot weather some shine comes through. I'm so sad about it!!

When worn over a primer, the coverage of the foundation lasted for quite a while during the Spring. It didn't fully last for 10 hour days, but did last for me close to 8. That wear time is also on non humid days. Again, I think it may last a bit longer for those with drier skin. However, now that it is Summer, hot and humid, I find this foundation sadly feels a bit heavy on my skin and sweats off a bit too easily. It looked so nice when set in my air conditioned house but as soon as I went outside, it wasn't good. I'm disappointed but I think that is because of the formula mixed with the oils in my skin.

no makeup at all
shade "Latte" over a clear primer (and mascara)
shade "Latte" over a clear primer (and mascara)
full face of makeup (see details below)
full face of makeup (see details below)

For the full face of makeup, this is everything I have on:
  • Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer
  • Mally Volumizing Mascara
  • Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil Shade #2
  • Tarte Tarteist Metallic Eyeshadow in "Dame"
  • SheaMoisture Weightless Foundation in "Latte"
  • Mally See The Light Concealer in "Light"
  • Mally Start to Finish Brightening & Finishing Powder
  • Tarte Globe Trekker Bronzer (to contour)
  • Laura Geller Blush in "Malibu"
  • Doll 10 Beauty Finishing Touch Powder
  • SheaMoisture Lip Gloss in "Rose"

The other thing with this foundation is that it is not my favorite for pictures. Despite using a powder on top, I still look shiny when I take some pictures if it has been wearing on too long. I also want to go in with blotting paper  or more powder immediately before pictures, too.

Because of the great ingredients and and natural, lightweight coverage I really like this as an every day foundation to even everything out if I have to run errands during cooler months. However, in Summer, for special occasions, pictures or when I need something very long lasting, this isn't the foundation I'd reach for due to my skin type.  As I said before, if you have dry, dull or more mature skin, I think this formula would be perfect for you. I hope in the future SheaMoisture decides to release another foundation that helps mattify and control oil!


Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane

P.S. I will be gone for a mini getaway the rest of this week! Blog posts will be back next week  (week of July 11)

No comments

Back to Top