Josie Maran Argan Oil Whipped Mud Mask Collection


Josie Maran Argan Oil Whipped Mud Mask Collection is a fun way of trying Josie's newest addition to her skin care line in all different scents! I have used them all at least one time each and can now give a proper opinion of not only the performance, but of all the different scents! Read on for more.


Here is what Sephora.com says about the product:
"What it is:
A collection of five hydrating and detoxifying mud masks, whipped together to nourish, clarify, firm, and refine skin.

Solutions for:  Pores, Loss of firmness/elasticity, Dryness

If you want to know more…
This set of Whipped Mud Mask helps refine the look of skin while it nourishes and soothes. Formulated with 100 percent Pure Argan oil, each mask infuses skin with essential nutrients. Moroccan rhassoul clay, formed from volcanic ashes of the Atlas mountains, rejuvenates, detoxifies, and tones. Naturally-derived phytic acid provides mild exfoliation and delivers a brightening effect to give the skin a radiant appearance. This colorful whipped mud mask collection is designed to deliver powerful results while delighting your senses with their irresistible fragrances" 

I'm a huge fan of Josie Maran's Argan Oil! I have had lots of success with using it on my skin and even in my hair. I also love face masks so I knew I had to try these as soon as they came out. 

My skin is combination, shine and acne prone, especially lately. My ideal face masks are clay masks that dry hard on the skin and I can feel it removing all of the dirt, toxins and junk out of my pores.

Before trying these, I watched Josie present full size jars on QVC and she mentioned they don't dry down like most clay masks do. That can be a pro or con depending on the skin type. While after leaving it on 20 minutes or so, it did dry to an extent, it never got super hard like other clay masks I enjoy do (Glow Glow Supermud or Origins Clear Improvement Mask to give examples) Josie also said you can sleep in these, but I haven't tried that.

If you have dry skin and usually stay away from clay type of masks because of fear of drying your skin out, this is definitely one to try. The Argan Oil inside helps keep the skin nourished and moisturized, while the clay detoxes and clarifies.

Right away, even from the first use I noticed once rinsed off that this mask left my skin super soft. It was hard for me to refrain from touching my face it was THAT soft (too much touching causes me to break out) The mask does help clear out some congested pores on my chin and nose which is really nice, as well as smooth out some texture issues on my cheeks. It didn't cause me to break out at all and with weekly use I feel it is helping to leave my skin more even toned.

Each little jar is .5 oz and have multiple uses in them. I haven't finished any of them yet to say how many uses I got per jar.

Now for the fun part: The scents!
CUCUMBER ALOE
"for refreshing vitality"
Of all the scents, this was my least favorite. The only way I can really describe it is as freshly mowed grass. Or if you ever drank straight up pressed green juice with no apple or beet added for sweetness, it reminds me of that as well. This scent is very earthy and green.

LAVENDER CITRUS
"for harmonious creativity"
This is a nice, light, scent. The citrus notes in it made the lavender smell warmer and it is very relaxing. It is sweeter smelling than a straight up French Lavender alone. I really enjoy this one.

SWEET BASIL MINT
"for dynamic clarity"
Of all the scents, this was the one I looked most forward to trying since I have smelled the others in Josie's body butters before. This did not disappoint at all! I can't personally detect the mint but it does smell like a delicious Sweet Basil, and often leaves me hungry! LOL. I also love this scent's teal color.

VANILLA APRICOT
"for comforting courage"
This is another nice, warm scent. The Apricot notes are a bit more prominent than the Vanilla but they pair together well.

 SWEET CITRUS
"for invigorating freedom"
This is my favorite scent of them all! It is similar to the Vanilla Apricot to me, they are both warm and similarly sweet. However, the citrus in here makes it bright and juicy, too. 

Overall if you enjoy Josie Maran Argan Oil products, and/or like clay masks this is a nice kit you can have fun playing with while your skin drinks up the goodness ingredients inside!

Follow me on social media! @dianemary126 on snapchat, twitter and instagram.

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top