DevaCurl Delight Low-Poo, One Condition and Wave Maker First Use

I'm so excited to finally try the new products by DevaCurl made especially for Wavy Hair!!! I love how we are seeing more and more products dedicated to us wavies. As a girl who has wavy curly hair, and is also a fan of DevaCurl, these products have been on my must try list since they debuted earlier this year. Read on for more.
Like all DevaCurl products, the Delight Low-Poo, Delight Conditioner and Wave Maker Cream are all Sulfate, Silicone, Gluten and Paraben free! They are also cruelty free and vegan!
Delight Low-Poo
What They Say: "Bring out the beauty of your natural waves. The balanced, lightweight formula cleanses the scalp and hair while fighting frizz and oiliness. Great for a thorough yet gentle cleanse, it's made with rice protein for body and fullness, lotus flower for bounce, and a chia-flaxseed extract blend for defined waves that last."

What I Say: It smells citrusy, like lemon. Bright and awakening. I prefer DevaCurl's "Low-Poos" to their "No-Poos" because I like the light lather that the Low-Poos bring. It left my hair feeling clean and soft, not stiff or overly clean. The consistency was a little runny but I didn't need to use more than a quarter size amount of product for my hair. What a wonderful cleanser!


Delight One Condition
What They Say: "Give strands the perfect amount of hydration. The light, moisturizing formula—made with rice protein, lotus flower, and a chia-flaxseed blend—fights frizz, detangles, and sets you up for a defined, wavy look that lasts. Hair is left nourished, vibrant, and smooth."

What I Say: This has the same scent as the shampoo. I was very concerned this conditioner would not be moisturizing enough for me because my waves are notoriously DRY! So much so, products for "type 4 kinky hair" work very well with me. But this made detangling easy and I massaged it into my strands with my fingers in the shower to help the make sure my hair really absorbed it all. Consistency wise, it wasn't runny, but also wasn't thick. It did a great job at leaving my hair feeling hydrated but I did need quite a bit of product, as my hair really drank it up. Also, I did not rinse it all out. I quickly splashed some water on my roots but left at least 80% of the product in my hair to use as a leave in for additional moisture. I do really like this conditioner, but I know I'll have to rotate it with something heavier, especially as cold, dry Winter comes upon us. I have the big bottle on my "to buy" product list now because I know I will need several to match up usage with the shampoo. 


Key Ingredients in Low-Poo and One Condition:
-Chia-flaxseed Extract Blend: Enhances waves, adds shine, and controls frizz.
-Rice Protein: Adds body and fullness.
-Lotus Flower: Gives waves bounce and vibrancy.


Wave Maker
What They Say: "A lightweight, whipped formula for touchable, wavy texture that lasts all day. This light and airy whip, made with moringa seed and passion flower extracts, gives consistent waves and frizz control every time you use it. Hair is left smooth, healthy-looking, and delicately scented. Provides touchable texture that lasts."

What I Say: The scent of this is INCREDIBLE!! It doesn't linger strongly, which made me a bit sad because it's so yummy. The fragrance reminds me Skittles Candy, super juicy and fruity! Seriously DevaCurl, continue to release products that smell like this PLEASE! Perhaps a version of Mister Right!? Oh that would be awesome. Okay, I can seriously just go on about how much I adore the scent of this alone but I assume you want to know how good the product actually is, too.

Wave Maker is awesome. It's a lightweight, airy cream consistency. It never felt sticky, tacky or heavy. It helped to really bring out the definition in my waves while leaving them, soft, shiny and frizz free. Not only did I feel like I didn't have styling product in my hair, I noticed that even when my hair was wet, it felt lighter than usual! How is that possible!? This cream is on my Holy Grail Status Alert list, so we'll stay tuned to see how it continues to perform.


Here is everything I used to style my hair today:
  • Cleanser: DevaCurl Delight Low-poo
  • Conditioner: DevaCurl Delight One Condition, left in mostly
  • Stylers (wet): DevaCurl Wave Maker, MirrorCurls Serum
I applied the styling products to my hair section by section raking them through and then scrunching. I then plopped for 20 minutes and allowed my hair to air dry while the front hairline pieces where secured in loose 2 strand twists to stretch out their wonky curl patterns.

I decided to go in with the DevaCurl MirrorCurls Serum after Wave Maker because I ALWAYS seal my wet hair with some kind of oil to lock in the moisture and add shine. MirrorCurls has been a product in my stash I've reached for consistently for years. I usually use it to add shine to second or third day hair, but it also works well to seal and will add a whole new level of shine to your curls. The most important thing with MirrorCurls is to know LESS IS MORE. As someone who is generally heavy handed, even I learned this really quickly. If you use too much MirrorCurls, you are not going to like the outcome. For my hair wet I used HALF A PUMP for 2 sections each (7 sections total) A little goes so very far. I can't emphasize that enough.

Side Note: I washed my hair on a day I was taking it easy and didn't wear any makeup. But my hair looked too good to not take pictures anyway. So here I am all fresh faced and au natural. ;)

DAY 2
Day 2 I woke up and I still had some lovely wavy definition! After working out and using dry shampoo on my scalp, I just used a refreshing spray and one pump of the MirrorCurls for my whole head (remember, a little goes far!) to add more hydration and combat some restless sleep and exercise induced frizz.

lip color- "Pretty in Pink" by Doll 10 Beauty
DAY 3
I didn't take any pictures but even after another sleep, work out, plus dry shampoo, refresher spray I noticed my hair stayed more defined than it usually does. That is super impressive!


Overall, with first use I am quite impressed with DevaCurl's Delight products for Wavy Hair and the Wave Maker Cream. I do plan on using the Wake Maker solo on wet hair without sealing, just to see what happens but I have to do that when I don't have anything going on for a couple days in case frizz prevails. I'm also curious how it will work on second or third day hair. But I love the incredible definition, texture, shine and lack of frizz in my hair using DevaCurl Delight & Wave Maker. I had high hopes, but also concerns since some products geared towards wavy hair aren't usually enough for my hair. DevaCurl knocked this out of the park. I can't get over the definition and bounce to my waves. Be sure to subscribe if you want to see continued use of the products in a follow up blog post and "hair of the days"


If you like me blog, please subscribe?
Follow @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane









No comments

Back to Top