Hair of the Day- First Wash Post Cut and Ouidad Mongongo Oil!

So I finally washed my hair after my Ouidad cut and awesome styling by Jason. I made sure to take some pictures and also wanted to talk more about the return of Mongongo Oil! Read on for more!

If you missed my Ouidad Cut blog last week, you can read that here.

MONGONGO OIL!
 I mentioned last blog how excited I was for Ouidad's Mongongo Oil to be back. This has always been one of my favorite hair oils, and I even was still using it on days I didn't post "Hair of the Day" pictures, since I felt bad mentioning it since it was discontinued. Now that it is back I can talk about it and use it way more!

Here is what Ouidad.com says about the oil:
"Infused with oil from the mongongo nut and blended with coconut, American palm seed oil, and broccoli seed oil, this fast absorbing liquid gold elixir delivers intense hydration to all curl types as it nourishes, restores natural luster, and protects against damage from heat styling and UV rays. Curls are soft, manageable, frizz-free, and illuminated with healthy shine."
 I love that it is sulfate, silicone, wax and paraben free. I also adore the scent- it is so unique, a special gourmand and fruity mix! I was happy they didn't change the scent once it returned. I like using this oil to "seal" my hair when styling post shower, as I did here, and also on day 2 or 3 hair, to help add additional shine and touch up frizz. I find the oil to be lightweight, yet moisturizing and it absorbs into my hair and skin fast without feeling greasy or sticky.  It doesn't weight my hair down and makes my hair color, when dyed and now mostly virgin color just look more multi dimensional.

You can also use this as a conditioner, leave-in and a heat protectant. I will be trying it as a heat protectant once i start diffusing my hair when it gets really cold in Winter (hopefully that won't be for a long time!) The fact that it does have UV protection in it is already wonderful to use when outdoors. The sun is actually so damaging for hair- color treated or not!


HAIR OF THE DAY
This is what I used to style my hair today:

Pre-Shampoo: Tweak-d Restore Self Cleansing Treatment
Cleanser: Ouidad Curl Immersion Co-Wash
Conditioner: Ouidad Curl Immersion Triple Treat Deep Conditioner 
Stylers (wet): Ouidad Moisture-Lock Leave In Conditioner, Ouidad Tress Effects Gel, Mongongo Oil
Stylers (dry): a little more Mongongo Oil
I applied the products to my hair section by section raking them through and scrunching at the ends. I allowed my hair to air dry after it was plopped in my Curl Ease towel for a few minutes.

I usually clip my hairline pieces to dry straight but I tried really hard to twist them around each other and dry while down. It kind of worked, one side was better than the other. I went in with some flat small clips on 2 sections on each side because I didn't like the specific "dents" on those curls and tried to fix it. I do need more practice.

We took these pictures in my house at night, so I had to use the flash. I usually prefer not using it but that's why my skin may look a bit washed out. 
I love how my cut turned out. It does feel slightly shorter than it was, but it did need a better evening out and even though it feels shorter I think from the side it somehow looks longer!? I don't quite understand this sorcery magic but I'll take it!

follow me @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane
  • Formulated without sulfates, parabens, or waxes, Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment is the first oil tailored to the specific needs of each curl type.
  • Forms a protective barrier on hair’s surface to lock in moisture and prevent damage from heat styling and UV rays.
  • Adds gloss and sheen to curls from root to tip.
Infused with oil from the Mongongo Nut and blended with Coconut, American Palm Seed Oil, and Broccoli Seed Oil, this fast absorbing liquid gold elixir delivers intense hydration to all curl types as it nourishes, restores natural luster, and protects against damage from heat styling and UV rays. Curls are soft, manageable, frizz-free, and illuminated with healthy shine.
- See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/mongongo-oil-96402.html#product-detail-tab
  • Formulated without sulfates, parabens, or waxes, Mongongo Oil Multi-Use Curl Treatment is the first oil tailored to the specific needs of each curl type.
  • Forms a protective barrier on hair’s surface to lock in moisture and prevent damage from heat styling and UV rays.
  • Adds gloss and sheen to curls from root to tip.
Infused with oil from the Mongongo Nut and blended with Coconut, American Palm Seed Oil, and Broccoli Seed Oil, this fast absorbing liquid gold elixir delivers intense hydration to all curl types as it nourishes, restores natural luster, and protects against damage from heat styling and UV rays. Curls are soft, manageable, frizz-free, and illuminated with healthy shine.
- See more at: https://www.ouidad.com/mongongo-oil-96402.html#product-detail-tab






No comments

Back to Top