Ouidad Curl Restoration Therapy, Hair of the Day Days 1 and 2

Using Deep Treatments with heat is an essential part of allowing hair to be it's healthiest. The heat allows the ingredients in the deep treatments to go deep down to the cuticle layer of the hair, allowing it to help repair some damage and get curs to look their best. Lately I've been using heat with my deep treatments once a month, but now that weather is getting cooler I will be increasing that to at least twice a month. Read on for more.

The Ouidad Curl Restoration Therapy Deep Treatment has been a holy grail of mine for my curls for well over a decade. No matter what other products I try and test, I ALWAYS go back to this. I've been using it since it's been renamed at least 3 times, but luckily the magic formula has remained the same. The treatment is full of amino acids and proteins, which help rebuild the hair and make it strong, help improves the hair's elasticity and curl definition, as well as help fight frizz and increase shine. You only need to add heat to the treatment for 12 minutes, but sometimes I do leave it on up to 30. Something else VERY important regarding this treatment- since it is protein heavy to repair the hair, you must seal it with a moisturizing, nourishing conditioner. I found using one of Ouidad's other masks, either the Melt Down Recovery Mask or new Curl Immersion Triple Treat Deep Conditioner work wonderfully. Not using something moisturizing on top of the Restoration Deep Treatment may result in your hair feeling a bit stiff. You apply the moisturizer on top of the Restoration Deep Treatment when you turn the heat off, but before rinsing everything out. I let the two sit on my hair about a half hour more.

Usually when I do my Deep Treatment with heat, I like to use a clarifying shampoo to get rid of any build up so the treatment penetrates and performs as well as possible. The Ouidad Clarifying Cream Shampoo is my favorite because it gets my hair super clean, but doesn't dry it out!
 Here is what I used (all Ouidad stuff!):
  • Cleanse: Superfruit Cream Clarifying Shampoo
  • Conditioner: Deep Treatment Curl Restoration Therapy with heat, Curl Immersion Triple Treat Deep Conditioner on top
  • Stylers (wet): Whipped Curls Conditioner as a leave in, Curl Quencher Gel, Mongongo Oil
  • Stylers (dry): more Mongongo Oil 
 As you can tell by the pictures, some of my Ouidad products are older and have different label designs! The good thing is the products are concentrated and since I don't need much and also only use some of them monthly, in the cases of the clarifying shampoo and huge jumbo size of the Deep Treatment, they literally last me years! Sadly though, that jar of the Curl Immersion Deep Conditioner is now empty and I need to get more (along with the Curl Immersion stylers) because I absolutely love what it does for my hair!
 

To style, first I applied the Whipped Curls on soaking wet hair the second I turned my shower water off. This trick is an added measure in frizz prevention! Then I applied the gel and oil section by section raking them through, shaking at the end (Ouidad's Rake and Shake technique) and then scrunching. I plopped in my Curly Tee for about 20 minutes then to tame my wonky hairline pieces, I did "two strand twists" and secured them with clips as seen in the picture below while air drying.

Wash day was Saturday and we went to Point Pleasant Boardwalk before the weather gets way too cold for any boardwalk and beach time. I snapped a few selfies in my car as soon as I removed my clips (yes, I drove with them in my hair!) I had my fiance take my hair pictures once we got there but I didn't realize the sun was hitting and produced a red tinted lighting. Also, my roots are still a little wet in some pictures since my hair takes hours upon hours to air dry. I washed my hair around 12:00pm and this was about 6:30pm to give you an idea of that dry time.








later on and my hair is finally all dry


that sunset over the water!!!!!

Day 2
I have to admit, I still struggle sometimes a little with day 2 and day 3 hair. My biggest problem is, since I'm so used to having all my hair bleached and being beyond damaged, I tend to be very heavy handed with styling products. When I wake up my hair looks frizzy, some waves went wonky and I need to tame it a bit. But without realizing I go from too dry and puffy to too product a bit too quick. I'm working on using less. I sleep on satin pillowcases which help with frizz, but I haven't pineappled or secured my hair as well as I should have and I toss and turn all night long.

Products used: Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist, SheaMoisture Lotions (a mix of 3 of them) and (a bit too much) Original Moxie Hair Bling Pomade.

I applied products the same way as I did for freshly washed hair, section by section ten scrunching them in. 

We we in a rush to go out when I had my fiance take my regular hair of the day pictures, which is why my hands are up in them. Also, the reapplied products aren't fully dry until later pictures when I selfied in my brother's bathroom.

My hairline pieces look straight because I clipped them back to let the day 2 products dry.

Also good news. I have decided after much, much, much thought I had made a lot of my old hair videos on YouTube public again! I did disable comments because people on youtube are mean, but they are there. At this time, I'm not 100% sure I want to get back into doing videos, but lately I have been considering it more and more. We'll see.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane







No comments

Back to Top