Too Faced Grand Hotel Cafe Holiday 2016 Review, Swatches, and 3 Looks!

I'm in total denial that Summer is over, yet here I am playing with Holiday 2016 makeup already!  As soon as I saw that Too Faced Cosmetics theme this year was "Christmas in New York" I knew my wallet was in trouble. As a native New Yorker, I love the city at Christmas! Read on for my thoughts and to see looks I did with this set.


Too Faced has a few different palettes and sets for Christmas. There is a set exclusive to Sephora, a set exclusive to Ulta and then this set which is on both sites as well as toofaced.com. I ultimately decided to pick this one up first (I'm also eyeing up that Chocolate Shop Sephora one) because I love how it is shaped like a famous hotel, the pink, how the box opens to a cute cafe inside...just, this packaging!!! I can't get enough of it! Plus I really like the colors of the shadows, too. for $49 you get 18 shadows, 2 blushes, a bronzer and also a mini mascara. Good deal.

Too Faced says each palette is supposed to smell like their respected name- Gingerbread Cookie, Peppermint Mocha and Eggnog Latte. While I do get some scent off each palette, the smells are very weak and a bit disappointing. The Too Faced Cocolate Bon Bons Palette that I have and love smells so strong and deliciously like chocolate, so I did wish these were also stronger.

Aside from the palettes, which each contain six shadows and a blush or bronzer, the set also comes with a mini size "Better Than Sex" mascara and a sheet with directions on how to create four looks with the shadows!

For the most part, the shadows swatched nicely and easily on me and they're pretty pigmented. The shimmer shades swatched better for me than the matte and some of the lighter shades I had to go back in quite a few times to build up pigmentation.

I read online that the Too Faced shadows, especially the shimmer shades, wear really well when worn on top of Too Faced's Glitter Glue Eye Shadow Primer (sold separately) and I have to agree. I picked up that primer and found the shadows to stay put and vibrant all day. One thing with that primer is, when blending be prepared to blend and work rather quickly. I learned the hard way if the shadow sets on the primer before you are done blending, it becomes very difficult to continue to blend.

The shimmer shades are so stunning and such perfect metallics. I find when applying them on my lid, I used a flat eyeshadow brush and gently pat the color on as opposed to smuding or wiping back and forth.

I really like the Bronzer in here to contour with and both blush shades are pretty as well.










Gingerbread Cookie

no flash
flash



Eggnog Latte
no flash
flash




Peppermint Mocha

no flash
flash




For all of my looks, they shadows are worn over the Too Faced Glitter Glue Eyeshadow Primer.
I'm not a Makeup Artist by any means, nor do I claim to be. I'm a regular girl who enjoys playing with makeup. My looks are mores on the simple brow bone-crease-lid-liner-low lash line side than reaching for multiple colors for lid and outer v.

Look #1
brow bone: Ginger Cream
crease: Maple Syrup
lid: Christmas Blend
liner: Black Coffee (wet)
lower lash line: Central Perk



Look #2
brow bone: Frosty Nog
crease: Skinny Latte
lid: Eggnog Latte
lower Lash Line: Iced Coffee
liner: Cup of Joe (wet)



Look #3
brow bone: Peppermint Cream
crease: Sprinkles
lid: Candy Cane
lower Lash Line: Sprinkles
liner: Coffee Chip (wet)


Overall I am quite pleased with the Too Faced Grande Hotel Cafe Holiday Collection! There is an endless amount of different looks to create within each mini palette themselves and also by mixing the palettes together.

if you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow @dianemary126 on twitter, instagram and snapchat!

<3 Diane











No comments

Back to Top