Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit in Smile

Kylie Jenner debuted her cosmetics line and lip kits last November. Up until now, none of the colors interested me and for the price, I was able to let them pass me by. Recently however, she debuted a light pink shade that totally screamed "Diane" and on top of that, 100% of the purchase price went to a charity!! Being so curious about these lip kits, I had to indulge. Read on for my thoughts.




Here is what kyliecosmetics.com says about the lip kit:
"The #KylieCosmetics LipKit is your secret weapon to create the perfect 'Kylie Lip.' Each Lip Kit comes with a Matte Liquid Lipstick and matching Lip Liner. Smile is a cool pale pink.

This ultra-long wearing lip liner has a creamy texture that glides across the lips for a very easy and comfortable application. The Lip Liner sharpens easily in most standard sized sharpeners - just make sure your sharpener is not dull!

The Liquid Matte Lipstick has high intensity pigment for an instant bold matte lip. The extremely long wearing lipstick contains moisturizing ingredients for a comfortable, emollient and silky feel that does not dry your lips out.

100% of net proceeds will benefit Smile Train to support cleft surgery for children all over the world."

At the time of writing my blog post, this color is sold out but Kylie is going to make this shade permanent, as opposed to limited edition, to continue to help benefit the children in need with Smile Train.

The shade "Smile" is described as a light, cool pale pink and I agree. It's such a gorgeous color and and one I will be reaching for quite often. I see and appreciate the lavender and blue undertones in this shade, which is something I really like in lipsticks because it does justice for my complexion as well as makes my teeth look whiter.

The lip liner and the lipstick compliment each other beautifully. I layered them both on, first lining my lips, then filling them in and applying the liquid lipstick on top.
I was very happy with the wear time with the lip kit. It lasted for so long- through eating, as well as sipping a water bottle and coffee mug all day. This is especially impressive since lighter shades like this usually fade extremely fast.

They duo feel comfortable on my lips. Not overly drying but after a while I do like to go over it with a clear balm or gloss since it does start to crack a little bit and just get a little tight. But for the gorgeous color and long wear time, that's fine.

The lip kit itself was $30 which isn't horrible for two pieces, especially when 100% of the purchase price goes to charity. However, shipping was $8 which I think is absurd! Again, since so much is going for charity with this particular color, I can look even look past that. But for a normal color, that's just insane. Luckily, my best friend and I ordered together and did split the shipping cost.

Here are pictures of me inside and outside with the lip kit in smile on today:


This is also second day hair, I used Shea Moisture dry shampoo (check back Wednesday for more on that), MCJW Curl Refresher Mist and Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Oil.



flash
no flash

this post card came with it. it reminds me of Rocky Horror Picture Show

Overall, I do actually like the Kylie Cosmetics Lip Kit! I thought the product was hyped up, and truthfully there are similar products that work just as well. But the lip color is so beautiful, money for this one goes to charity and it is so long wearing, so I'm happy with it and as long as I have a clear balm or gloss to go over it I'm good to go!

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane




No comments

Back to Top