Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Dry Shampoo

Recently I was in Target browsing the beauty section and I saw a product I had no idea existed until that moment: A dry shampoo from Shea Moisture!! What!? How did I not even know about that?! Needless to say, I bought it immediately and was beyond excited to try! Read on for more.

Dry Shampoos are a must have hair product for me. After conditioners and masques, I think they are the products I go through quickest. I have tried so many of them, and do have a few favorites, but I am always excited to try new ones, especially from brands I like and trust. I work out 5-6 times a week and only actually wash my hair 2-3 times, so that's why dry shampoos are such a necessity.

The Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex line smells fantastic. I believe I reviewed a product of two from the line, but I have the rest of that line I really should take the time to talk about because they're great. But the fragrance- it's delicious! It's Rose done right- a sweet, floral bouquet. It does not have the harshness certain Rose scents can have.

So here is what target.com says about the Shea Moisture Peach Rose Oil Complex Nourish & Silken Dry Shampoo:
"SheaMoisture’s Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish & Silken Dry Shampoo is a rose infused dry shampoo that absorbs oils and impurities in a refreshing alternative to conventional shampoos. Use in between washes to refresh your look. Adds volume at the roots.

• Made with natural and certified organic ingredients.
• Peace Rose Oil Complex: Blend of Alpine, Damask and Musk Rose Oils softens hair and skin.
• Date Palm Extract: Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, smooths and protects skin and hair.
• Camellia Leaf Extract: Natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, helps to calm and soothe skin and scalp."


The product is actually a loose powder and comes in a little bottle. You twist the cap to the side and there is a hole where you're supposed to squeeze the product onto your scalp. I found putting some of the powder on my fingers and then massaging it in my scalp to be more effective. Truthfully, I don't actually like the bottle or this method, it gets a bit messy. I'd much prefer a spray nozzle like most of the dry shampoos I use. But that's my only negative comment on the product. The plus size is the bottle is small enough to carry with me, if I need to.

Product performance is fantastic. This is such a nice dry shampoo! I can't speak for volume properties since I do everything in my power to not get volume in my hair. But it refreshes my gross, sweaty scalp very well after working out, leaving my hair to feel cleaner and refreshed without being itchy, dry, brittle or stiff as some dry shampoos can do. My hair actually feels soft and silky after using it. I also like that there are ingredients inside that are super beneficial to the hair and skin. Styling products with treatment properties are wonderful.

The bottle says there are over 100 uses inside. I haven't even come close to hitting 100 uses yet, but if that is true it will be extremely cost effective. SheaMoisture products are relatively inexpensive to begin with, plus Target has them on sale a lot, there are usually manufacturer coupons floating around and I have the Target Credit Card which saves an extra 5%! It is also Sulfate Free and Color Safe!

The Peace Rose Oil Complex line from Shea Moisture is also part of their Community Commerce where some of the money goes towards charities!
Despite me not being fond of the application method, I still really like the benefits and results I achieve and of course the scent I using the Shea Moisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Nourish and Silken Dry Shampoo!

if you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane




4 comments

  1. I am definitely putting this on my list! It sounds like a great product. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm excited to find another wavie that also works out often. I am curious how to tie your hair back for working out that doesn't ruin your waves. I'd love to only wash a couple times a week and use dry shampoo instead, but putting my hair up ruins any chances I have for second day hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 things: invisibobbles and the q-redew. google them if you never heard of either before. they help tremendously

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top