5 Hair of the Days w/Not Clipping My Hairline and Also Diffusing!

I REALLY wish I took more Day 1 pictures this day. It was seriously one of my best hair days in FOREVER- the odd part of it? My hairline! What do I mean? The other Day 1 in this post also has some unusualness to it. Sorry this post is a bit long, but there are FIVE "hair of the days" inside! Continue reading for more!

Quick disclaimer: the pictures in the first day 1 hair of the day part were taken through some new app I discovered that magically applies lashes on me when I had zero makeup on. So the lashes, eyeshadow, lipstick and unnatural smooth skin in those pictures are thanks to the YouCam Makeup App. I rarely use filters or anything like that so I wanted to disclose. Also, that app does not know I exist and I'm not receiving a thing for mentioning it.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled blog post ;)
DAY 1
So I showered and such and usual for day 1 hair, applying my styling products as usual- raking them through my hair section by section and shaking at the end, them plopping for a while with my curly tee while I did my skin and body care regimen. The difference? If you're a regular reader (hi!! thank you!) you probably know 99.99% of the time I take clips and clip my hairline pieces back, or even loosely two strand twist them- basically, use some form of manipulation since they are wonky, crazy, and out of control.

This day, when I took my hair out of the plop (side note: do you guys want a plopping blog post? comment!) the hairline didn't look as horrible as usual. I challenged myself to let them air dry without manipulation. This was SO HARD for me to do. There were certain pieces that looked weird and it took all my strength to not just clip them back. One side looks a bit odder than the other, at some point it even spirals into an odd square looking thing. But overall, for the first time, I was able to live with it. OF COURSE this happened on a day I was going nowhere and saw no one. But that's always the way, isn't it?

I was also looking at these pictures and thinking my hair looks so much extra defined. Thinking what it could have been and looking in my hair journal, since you know I write down what I use in my hair every single day. I used the Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture (MCJW) Wonderful Pre-Wash Protein Treatment. before shampooing and conditioning. I've been using this once a month or so and seriously need to step up my game. Aside from the DELICIOUS scent (a powdery vanilla soft floral), it left my hair soft, added shine and just gave such nice bounce and definition, along with everything else.

Here is what I used for day 1:
  • Pre Poo: Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Wonderful Pre-Wash Protein Treatment
  • Cleanse:  DevaCurl Low-Poo Delight
  • Conditioner: Ouidad Curl Recovery Melt Down Extreme Repair Masque
  • Stylers: (wet hair) DevaCurl Delight One Condition (as leave-in), Ouidad Tress Effects Gel, Ouidad Mongongo Oil 
  • Stylers: (dry hair) a little more Ouidad Mongongo Oil
DAY 2
After fighting epic battles in my sleep and a pretty sweaty workout, my curls loosened up significantly. This happens since I have poor elasticity to my waves. I like the invisibobbles to hold my hair back while working out since they don't leave "ponytail dent", but nothing can stop the curls from loosing some bounce. On the plus side, it does make my hair look longer.

Here is what I used for Day 2:
  • Stylers: SheaMoisture  Peace Rose Oil Dry Shampoo, MCJW Curl Refresher Mist, Pacifica Dragon Tamer Anti-Frizz Serum mixed with Pacifica Native Flower Oil
On Day 2, I applied products the same way as I did day one- section my section but gentle pressing my hands together to go down the length. And I did clip the front hairline back for a while.

DAY 3
Since I wound up taking some pictures while on day 3 hair, I figured I'd post them, too. I was being a bit lazy with my hair and clipped it half up, half down.

This is what I used before clipping my hair back:
  • Stylers: SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Dry Shampoo, DevaCurl No-Comb Detangling Spray, Pacifica Best Day Ever Extend Balm

This may be the first time I actually have shown two consecutive washes on one "Hair of the Day" post. If you are still here, thank you! You are awesome!! =)


When I was looking at the day 2 pictures, the super dry, damaged ends were getting to me and I did to get and self trim some of them to remove the beyond dead split ends.

Day 1 (Day 4 in this blog?)
So like the last day 1, this day 1 was also different. Like the last post, where 99.99% of the time I clip my hair line back, 99.99% of the time, I also prefer to air dry my hair. But for whatever reason, I was FREEZING, I had to go out and had to diffuse! But the kicker? I liked the results!!

I'll get to the diffusing in a minute, but like the last Day 1, I applied products after shower and plopped the exact same way. I was hoping to leave  my hairline out and let it be again, but it was being it's usual self (sigh) and I clipped them back for a little while. I did unleash them while diffusing, though.

Here is what I used:
  • Pre-Poo: Tweak-d Above the Clouds Self Cleansing Treatment
  • Cleanser: DevaCurl Low-Poo Delight
  • Conditioner: Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Masque
  • Stylers (wet): DevaCurl Delight One Condition, Ouidad Tress Effects Gel, Briogeo Rosarco Oil
  • Stylers (dry): Living Proof Restore Instant Protection Spray (before blow drying), more Briogeo Rosarco Oil 
So about the diffusing. When I have to diffuse lately, I like using my DevaCurl DevaFuser with my T3 Lux 2 Blow Dryer. The DevaFuser claims to be a universal adapter, but always pops off my blow dryer unless I told it just right. But I LOVE the DevaFuser!! Usually when diffusing, my hair gets frizzy and unwantingly puffier than usual. With this unique hand shape dryer, it dries my curls while laying still so it doesn't move the hair around. I got some lovely definition with no unwanted volume. While diffusing did dry my hair quicker than air drying, it still took a long time and after I had my dear mom snap some pictures of me outside, I realized my hair still was not 100% dry. I snapped a couple pictures later on in my bathroom before washing up for the night.

I think I may have been a bit too heavy handed when I went back in with the Briogeo Oil after I finished blow drying. Next time I will use less!
I haven't used Briogeo's Don't Despair, Repair Masque in a little while. As usual, we can blame my product junkie-ness. I always am happy with the results and especially the delicious, fresh scent of that and the oil!

Day 2 (5 of blog)
I didn't do much because I didn't really need to. Today is a rest day from working out so there was no need for dry shampoo. I didn't even apply section by section, just sprays and spread it out evenly while all my hair was done, concentrating the serum/oil mix on the ends.

Here is what I used:
  • Stylers: MCJW Curl Refresher Mist, Pacifica Dragon Tamer Anti-Frizz Serum mixed with Pacifica Native Flower Oil.
It was beautiful out and we were enjoying the park, otherwise I don't think there would have been any pictures at all. Here are two outtakes of the wind winning:
 Good news! This blog is finally over. If you read it all, thank you again. I hope you enjoyed, or saw some products mentioned you may want to try, or have inspiration not to give up on your own curly and/or wavy hair. My number one piece of advice is trial and error. Every single head of hair is different, so it is so important to play around with different products and methods of application until finding combinations that work best for you!

if you like my blog, PLEASE subscribe? (I promise posts are not usually THIS long lol)
follow @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane

3 comments

  1. Hi! I just discovered your blog (was googling wavy hair blogs) and I subscribed right away: I'm trying to grow my hair and embrace their waviness and your blog is a gold mine for me! I'm going through older posts too and I find them so informative.
    I would love a post on "plopping", as I'm curious to hear what you have to say about it.
    Also, I would love to see a post on your favorite hair products on a budget, the ones you buy at drugstores, if there are any. I read you mentioned "Shea moisture" products a couple of time and I'm curious if you have other favorites.
    Thanks for your great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for subscribing! =) i will definitely do a plopping post in the future. the only drugstore hair products I ever buy are from SheaMoisture. And the Dove Dry Shampoo isn't too bad.

      Delete
    2. Good to know! I will explore more of the SheaMoisture products...

      Delete

Back to Top