IT Cosmetics Your Top 5 superstars QVC Today's Special Value 11/12/16

On Saturday, November 12, 2016, IT Cosmetics is bringing another Today's Special Value Kit to QVC! This is the 4th TSV in QVC from the much beloved brand and it features some IT favorites along with an awesome brand new brush. Continue reading for more.


A Today's Special Value on QVC is when the price of the item(s) offered is the lowest it will be for 24 hours, or sooner if the item sells out.
Here is what is included:
  • QVC Customer Choice® Beauty Award-Winning Bye Bye Under
  • Eye Concealer
  • Celebration Foundation Illumination
  • Brow Power Pencil
  • Superhero Mascara 
  • Je Ne Sais Quoi Lip Treatment 
  • Heavenly Skin Full-Coverage Foundation Brush 
Good news! Starting Wednesday, November 9, 2016 you can pre order the TSV here- http://qvc.co/SUperstarsTSV_

The only choice you need to make is your shade in Celebration Foundation Illumination and the corresponding concealer will be put in the set for you. Shades available are FAIR, LIGHT, MEDIUM, TAN AND RICH.
I'm torn on this TSV. There are some great favorite products in here, yes. But several of these products were already in TSVs this year and myself, along with people on some QVC facebook groups I lurk on, were really hoping some of the newer products that launched at Sephora recently would be included. But still, this is a nice way to stock up on some favorites or a good intro to the brand if you never tried them before. The other thing I noticed when going back on my older IT blog posts, is this TSV Is nearly identical to the one they did last November!- except the brush, mascara and lip product are different. The Celebration Foundation Illumination, Bye Bye Under Eye Concealer, and Brow Power Brow Pencil were all also in both. 



Heavenly Skin Full-Coverage Foundation Brush
From IT: "The revolutionary Heavenly Skin brush hair optically blurs away the look of imperfections, while the custom-cut brush head hugs the natural contours of your features for airbrushed coverage every time. Brush hairs are infused with anti-aging collagen, silk, niacin and antioxidants. Innovative brush hair technology improves the look of skin immediately upon application for your most beautiful complexion. Cruelty-free and pro-hygienic for even the most sensitive skin types."

Me: I started with the brush because it is my favorite item from the kit! IT brushes are amazing, they are high quality and really make applying makeup easier and enjoyable. This is one of the coolest brushes I think they ever did. It's shaped like a rose which is not only pretty, but practical. I've been using this with Celebration Foundation as well as translucent powder and makes the powders really become one with your skin and look airbrushed. In true IT style, the brush is beyond soft. I'm intrigued with the fact the bristles have skincare ingredients in them- I think that is super awesome, but I can't help but question how the skin care ingredients hold up after washing. As someone who is acne prone, I wash my brushes at least once a week. I hope they address that during the on air presentations because I am so curious. But all and all, this is a fantastic brush and worth the price of the TSV alone.

picture from my blog post from January 2016
Superhero Elastic Stretch Volumizing Mascara 
From IT: "In a test, this powerful, ultra-conditioning mascara is clinically shown to give you a 500% increase in volume in one coat. Features unique Elastic Stretch Technology to stretch the appearance of your lashes wider and longer. It truly transforms the look of your lashes!"

Me: This is a great mascara. I love that it is infused with ingredients that are good for your lashes, and that it is so buildable your lashes can touch your eyebrows without clumping. False lash effect without needing falsies. The brush is designed to really every little lash hair you didn't know you have, getting in the corners and bottom lashes easily. The one drawback for me, after going through several tubes of this mascara, is that it dries up very fast on me. I have to toss it around the month and a half mark, where most mascaras last the standard three months to keep before needing to get rid of them for eye health reasons.


Je Ne Sais Quoi Hydrating Color Awakening Lip Treatment
From IT: "This intensely hydrating, peptide-infused treatment contains nourishing essential butters and oils, hyaluronic filling spheres and antioxidants for your softest, smoothest-looking results—and flushes to your perfect pink!"

Me: This same exact product was also in IT's last TSV from June 2016. I LOVE Je Ne Sais Quoi, but would have loved it in a different lip product for this TSV, especially the new lip liner! I've been using this as my nightly lip treatment and it does make my lips feel good. But I went back to my old blog and my feelings for this product are exactly the same, so I just cut and copied myself for the rest of this review: Je Ne Sais Quoi is a gorgeous color that works with your body's own chemistry to produce a unique pink to you. On me, it is a gorgeous bright pink and I adore the shade in all the different JNSQ products that I have. This lip treatment...well there are pros and cons. The pros would be it does moisturize nicely, makes my lips feel soft and look fuller. The pink packaging with the pretty script writing is also nice to look at. The cons? The color payoff. I barely get any color on my lips no matter how many swipes I do and it certainly does not last any amount of time where as the Vitality Lip Flush and Gloss in this shade will last on me hours. I also think the Vitality Lip Flush and the Blurred Lines Lipsticks from IT are both a bit more moisturizing. So there is some disappointment with this for me. But since there is so little color on this, it has become my new night time lip treatment and I don't have fear of any color rubbing off on my pillows. If you are into really sheer lippies, this is definitely for you.




Brow Power Universal Brow Pencil
From IT: "Formulated with brow-enhancing biotin, saw palmetto and antioxidants, this universal eyebrow pencil adjusts to all hair colors based on pressure and features a revolutionary formula that adheres to skin, covers gray and looks like real hair— even if you have none at all!"

Me: A great brow product. I've used up quite a few of these over the years. I have such blonde eyebrows, I have to be careful not to press too hard or my eyebrows come out too dark. I like that this pencil not only covers hair, but also stays on skin where I don't have as much brow hair as I used to, like my tails. I use this pencil, my brows look more defined, my face is more symmetrical and it stays on my face all day until I wash it at night.


Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer
From IT: "This best-selling, QVC Customer Choice® Beauty Award-Winning concealer gives you full coverage that won’t crease or crack! Infused with anti-aging technology, vitamins and high-performance pigments, it conceals the look of everything from dark circles to hyper pigmentation for your most beautiful skin."

Me: This is a nice, full coverage concealer. A little goes such a long, long, long way. A tube easily lasts me well over a year. It is extremely pigmented and wears all day when I set it with powder, hiding even my dark, dark, dark circles. A tip I picked up to get even more out of this concealer is apply it under your eyes (or on blemishes) and let it sit a couple minutes so your body heat warms it up, THEN blend! The warmness helps the product become one with your skin, blending it better and lasts longer without settling into any fine lines.  However, this is a concealer I absolutely must set with finishing powder. If I don't it stays wet and does tend to wear off more quickly.


Celebration Foundation Illumination
From IT: "It’s your 30 seconds to flawless skin! Infused with subtle illumination and anti-aging ingredients, this hydrating powder foundation instantly airbrushes the look of imperfections—and delivers highly pigmented, build able full coverage that lasts and makes your skin appear younger-looking!"

Me: I do strongly prefer the original, more matter version of this foundation. That being said, this powder foundation is buildable up to full coverage on its own or you can also dust it lightly over a liquid foundation or CC cream for a bit extra coverage and a more finished look. I love that there are skin care ingredients in here, like all IT products, and that it doesn't settle into my lines or pores or feel cakey. I find the Light in the Illumination formula to be more yellow toned and a smidge darker than the Light in the original. The reason I prefer the original over the Illumination is because my skin is combination and shine prone so I always look to mattify it, instead of illuminate. The finish of this is illuminating, but not disco ball glittery which is good. If you do have my dry, dull skin, I think you will adore this version. The compact has the foundation, a mirror and a cute little brush hidden underneath.


SAMPLES!!
This TSV includes two samples as well. I'll just give my thoughts on them briefly in case you are curious.

Your Skin But Better CC+ Cream
This product has a cult following for good reason. IT's AMAZING! Full coverage, skin care benefits, plus SPF. It lasts all day and as the name suggests, truly looks like your skin but better.  I also love the pump packaging, it makes it easy. The finish is natural but dewy so I always have to use a powder on top thanks to my combination, shine prone skin. I say this every time I mention this product and I will say it again- IT Product Development Team- When is the matte version of this coming out!?! ;)

Confidence In a Cream
I had a jar of this and used it up. It has some wonderful skincare ingredients inside, but sadly caused my acne prone skin to break out. If you have more mature, dry, or none acne prone skin you should be good. A lot of people love this cream, I wish I didn't have the negative reaction. I had to stop using it on my face due to the breakouts but I used it nightly on my chest and I'll just say that the firming claims of this cream are absolutely legit. :)

no makeup
no makeup
just the TSV and a clear primer
just the TSV and a clear primer
just the TSV and a clear primer
At time of blog post, I don't know the price of this TSV, but from IT TSVs past, I'm sure it will be well worth the value. Even if you only want a few items from the kit, it is almost holiday time so you can always gift the extra pieces to a lucky lady (or gentleman!) in your life!

Pre Order HERE- http://qvc.co/SUperstarsTSV_
Item #A283837; #A290001 (Auto-Delivery, meaning you will get the kit delivered every few months but can opt out anytime) 

If you found this TSV blog helpful, please leave me a comment to let me know? I always put extra time and hard work into my TSV reviews. Kind comments are much appreciated (that's with any blog post)

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow @dianemary126 on twitter, snapchat and instagram!

<3 Diane






2 comments

  1. Hi Diane...great post! I appreciate the details. I am passing on this one. Like you, I would like to see some of the newer products, including skin care. Let's see what they come up with next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words! =) They usually do TSVs in January and January also debuts a lot of new products, so maybe that one will have more newness to it. I actually just started using the eye cream earlier this week, so once I have been using it at least a month I'll have a blog on that. =)

      Delete

Back to Top