Sunday Riley "Clear Skin Is Out There" 2 Week Challenge

Sunday Riley is a skincare brand that combines science with nature. The product line is crazy popular at Sephora stores across the USA. Earlier this year, they introduced products made especially for oily, acne-prone skin and this immediately caught my attention. I've been using them two weeks now and I wanted to share my thoughts! Read on for more.
Quick Disclaimer: Sometime in October, Sunday Riley's instagram (@SundayRiley) had a contest and selected a few people to be part of the "Martian and U.F.O. Testimonial Challenge" I entered and was fortunate enough to be selected a winner and receive the products in exchange for my thoughts. But like all posts on my blog, my thoughts and opinions will ALWAYS be honest.
MY SKIN
My skin is combination, shine and acne prone. I get oily quick, I'm always looking to prevent and treat breakouts and congested pores, plus being past the 3-0 mark, of course anti-aging is a concern as well. I tend to break out most around that time of the month, if my sleep gets screwed up, or when I'm severely stressed. Using good skincare helps keep my break outs under control, and before you leave me all nasty and rude comments (it has happened before) I'm well aware that my break outs could be a lot worse than they are. So please be nice.

Per Sunday Riley PR:
"As much as we hate acne, we hate the stripping effects that typical acne remedies have on our complexions even more. We have formulated Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner and U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil with the mantra "Improvement Without Sacrifice" in mind. This means we believe you can have skin that is also comfortable matte, hydrated and of course...clear!"

How I Added These to My Regimen:
Per the application instructions I received from Sunday Riley, I added the products into my skincare regimen as follows...
  • Morning: Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner was used after cleansing and prior to the rest of my skincare
  • Evening: Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner was used after cleansing and prior to the rest of my skincare. U.F.O Oil applied as the very last step, after other serums and moisturizer.

The PRODUCTS
Martian Mattifying Melting Water-Gel Toner
From Sephora.com: "formulated to target oily and acne-prone skin concerns. Immediately melting from a treatment gel to a water toner as it is massaged into the skin, it contains bentonite clay to mattify and visibly reduce pore size, and marshmallow and green tea to soothe and cool the signs of redness and sensitive skin for a calmer-looking complexion. Cucumber and witch hazel extracts tone and tighten, while Manuka—a relative of tea tree oil—along with black cumin and magnolia bark extracts provide natural antibacterial properties to balance oily and problem skin conditions and promote a visibly improved, clearer, smoother, shine-free complexion. Skin is mattified and prepped for further skin care or color application, and it helps to keep foundation set all day."

My Thoughts: I love that this comes in an easy to use pump! It smells nice, a unique mix of fresh and sweet. I use half a pump for my whole face, a little goes a long way. I like to let the product absorb into my skin completely before applying my other skincare on top. This is a lovely toner.

U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil
From Sephora.com: "With 1.5 percent salicylic acid, this fast-acting, quick-drying, medicated oil clears acne and blackhead-causing buildup and debris from congested pores for smoother, blemish-free skin. Tea tree oil and black cumin seed oil support clear skin, while hexylresorcinol and licorice naturally brighten the appearance of old acne discolorations for a more even-toned complexion.
Counterbalancing the potentially drying effects of salicylic acid, milk thistle and cucumber seed oil nourish the skin and smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles, without leaving a greasy residue. Chamomile and neroli soothe stressed, blemish-prone skin."

My Thoughts: I love this stuff and definitely need to buy the full size bottle! This smell of this is very strong and herbally. I don't love the smell, but I don't mind it and it fades rather quickly. I only need a few drops of this as well for my whole face so a little goes far. I pat it into my skin, as opposed to rubbing and it absorbs surprisingly fast for an oil.

Day 1 
These were taken on the first day, before using the products. My skin doesn't look it's worst, but I do have some small bumps (headless pimples as I call them) and blackheads. I also have some redness and uneven tone in my cheeks and forehead, as well as shine.

Day 5 
So far so good. I think my cheeks have some unevenness and redness aevening out. I still have some breakouts that didn't come up in photos (not necessarily a bad thing except for this testimonial case LOL) My face definitely feels more mattified which is great. If it wasn't for my dark circles, I like my skin enough here to go out bare faced.

Day 9
Sometime since Day 5 I realized when I apply makeup in the morning, I actually need to use less foundation than I was using! That's pretty awesome. I did break out, but I believe that is hormonal due to the time of month. I also notice my skin feels a tiny bit tight. Maybe the products are absorbing too much oil? It's a small price to pay for more even toned, matte skin.

Day 14
So my skin is more even toned, especially my cheeks. Without a doubt, I think this duo has helped with oil production because my skin feels a bit more dry than it did; but that may also be coincidentally because the temperatures outside are dropping. The hormonal break outs I got also seemed to fade away quicker than usual


To Sum It Up
So far, I'm really impressed by the Sunday Riley Green Line for oily and acne prone skin! Not only does it help prevent pimples and have existing ones fade faster, but it beautifully evened out my skin and helped with excess oil. I am going to continue to use them as I've been doing, plus I may wind up mixing the U.F.O. with pure argan oil for added hydration. I will do a follow up blog post in a month or so if there is enough interest.

Also, the lollipops that came included in my package were so pretty and even more delicious!

*products sent to me for winning a contest. no monetary compensation received and I was not obligated to do a blog post. Opinions are my own and honest, as always.

if you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me on social media! (links at right)

<3 Diane














No comments

Back to Top