Hair of the Day: Days 1 & 2, First Use of Bounce Curl Gel and more

December is flying by! Yesterday was a wash day and I've been a good curly doing my deep treatments twice a month now with heat. Besides that, I also tried out the Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel that I've been hearing so much about for the first time! Read on for more about day 1 and 2 hair.

It's getting colder and colder here in New York and I'm longing for some warmth and sunshine. No part of me enjoys the Winter, down to my poor hair! I'm currently suffering from acute sinusitis which has not been fun- I've been very dizzy but went to the doctor and he forced antibiotic on me to get better.




Here is what I used for Day 1:
  • Pre-Poo: Tweak-d Restore Self Cleansing Treatment
  • Cleanser: Ouidad Superfruit Renewal Clarifying Shampoo
  • Conditioner: Ouidad Curl Restoration Therapy Deep Treatment with heat for 20 minutes, SheaMoisture Superfruit Complex 10-IN-1 Renewal System Hair Masque on top
  • Stylers: DevaCurl One Condition Original (as leave in), Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel, Ouidad Mongongo Oil
I applied the styling products on wet hair in my usual way- on soaking wet hair raking them through then scrunching going in small sections. I then plopped in my Curl Ease Towel while I did my skincare regimen. I completely air dried and used a Ricky's NYC No Crease clip to hold back this clump of strands on my hairline that have been separating from the others and driving me nuts lately. Other than that, I didn't manipulate my hairline at all.

I've heard so much about the Bounce Curl Light Creme Gel. This is a cruelty free, made in the USA lightweight gel that is free of parabens, sulfates and silicones and infused with good for our hair ingredients such as Aloe Vera, Black Seed Oil, Sage,  and Glycerin to name a few ingredients. The gel smells INCREDIBLE. It reminds me of the Hawaiian Punch juice boxes I drank as a kid- fruity and delicious.

My hair usually prefers gels with strong holds so I used a good amount of product per section- somewhere between a quarter and half dollar size amount. Consistency wise, the gel is not too thick but not very runny and it played very nicely with the DevaCurl One Condition conditioner that was applied right before hand. My wet hair felt very slippery and was drying VERY crunchy. Luckily, I had no issues scrunching out the crunch and my hair felt nice underneath. Not super duper soft, but soft enough.

My curl definition was so great today! I know part of it is from using the deep treatment with heat because I ALWAYS get good definition on treatment days, but I think this gel further contributed to my wonky hair being a bit more uniformly defined. This is only my first use, and I really liked it so far! I do plan on using it again so stay tuned for updates.

Something else I noticed right away even on my wet hair was that my hair just felt lighter in general. My hair also air dried a little quicker than usual which is always a bonus.
DAY 2
I can't work out until I am no longer so dizzy (side note: UGH!) so I didn't have to worry about post work out hair. I woke up and my hair wasn't that bad, it just looked a bit frizzy and dry from sleeping, even though I do sleep on satin pillowcases I toss and turn all night. My hair did feel REALLY dry today. Usually in the Winter I'd go in with my Q-Redew, but it's currently not working so I've been working with Heidi, the creator, to resurrect it from the dead.

To add some moisture back and tackle frizz, I applied DevaCurl's SuperCream in four sections and then went in with their Shine Spray all over. This was really good Day 2 hair, I like that my definition was still there.
 Lip color in Day 2 is "French Kiss" by Sophisti-Cat Cosmetics. It matches so much of my bright Lilly Pulitzer clothes =)


if you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me on social media (links at right)

*all products in this blog except bounce curl purchased by me. bounce curl gel sent for review consideration.  not a sponsored or endorsed post. no monetary compensation received. all thoughts are my own, truthful opinions, as always. 

<3 Diane























No comments

Back to Top