Laura Geller Beauty Lights of Venice QVC Today's Special Value 12/16/16

On December 16, QVC will have a fantastic Laura Geller Beauty Today's Special Value! I was able to order it early from InsideQ Magazine and have been using it for a little while so I can provide my thoughts for you. Read on for more!



A Today's Special Value on QVC is when the price of the item(s) offered is the lowest it will be for 24 hours, or sooner if the item sells out. I subscribed to InsideQ Magazine years and years ago, and I'm not sure how you would subscribe currently.

I haven't bought a TSV from Laura Geller in quite some time. I do love her makeup, but the color selections of the kits really haven't screamed out at me in a while, until this one. This kit was inspired by the Italian city, Venice's charm, history, grace and lights with "colors that will brighten your look for Winter and beyond" I remember when I was talking to Laura Geller this year at BeautyCon NYC and asked her about upcoming releases, she told me to think of Venice, Italy. Now I can see what she means! =)

Here is what is included in this kit for $59.94 (plus tax and ship):
  • Baked Balance-N-Glow Illuminating Foundation (choice of shade)
  • Retractable Powder Brush
  • NEW! Baked Chandelier Blush in Chandelier Glow
  • NEW! LusterEYEs 24-Hour Eyeliner in Luster Black
  • GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara
  • Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon in Pewter
  • Color Enriched Lipstick in Pink Mink
  • Color Luster Lip Gloss in Venetian Lights

The kit comes in the most gorgeous box that looks like windows. The box is sturdy and so pretty, I am now reusing it to hold all my Laura Geller eyeshadows (I have too many of her blushes to fit in there!) Packaging and presentation on this TSV is phenomenal. 

item #s
Here are the item #s for ordering:
(cut and copy into QVC.com search bar.)
Now: A291546 (one time shipment) A291550 (auto delivery)
December 16: A281893 (one time shipment) A289664 (auto delivery)

Baked Balance-N-Glow Illuminating Foundation
This is an illuminating version of the cult classic Balance-N-Brighten foundation. It color corrects, brightens and covers in one step. There is a choice of shade: Porcelain, Fair, Medium, Tan or Deep.

Since I have a few shade of the original formula and alternate between Fair and Porcelain, I actually went with PORCELAIN for this kit. The shades are pretty forgiving. I have combination, shine prone skin. I do prefer the original Balance-N-Brighten version better than this Illuminating one if I had to pick one. Worn alone, the illuminating version provides way too much illumination for my skin. However, I find mixing it with a little of the OG formula leaves my skin with the most beautiful, naturally radiant looking finish! Almost ethereal like. The porcelain alone in this version was also a wee bit light on me, so mixing it with the Fair original helps the color suite me a bit better too. Like the original, you can get up to full coverage with this formula. I like to do so by going in and applying it with a sponge. You can also use it with a brush over any liquid foundation to set and add additional coverage.

Retractable Powder Brush
The bristles are man-made and cruelty free made with a "special wave shape that readily picks up powder and deposits it on skin"

This is a great brush to carry in your purse and not have to worry about making a mess all over. You can also use the retractability to control how much coverage you want with it. For example, if you have it so only a little bit of the bristles are showing and it is more dense, you'll get more coverage than if you have all the bristles fan out more.

Baked Chandelier Blush in Chandelier Glow
"This soft, creamy powder blush creates a radiant glush of color with a subtle sheen"

This is one of the most beautiful blushes I've ever seen in my life! I almost didn't want to use it because the chandelier shape in the powder is so, so pretty. Laura Geller makes some of my favorite blushes EVER. I have a whole over-flowing draw full of them. Color wise, it is a GORGEOUS cool toned light pink that I am in love with not only on my cheeks, but also on my eyes as eye shadow. The glow is just enough to look radiant without being overdone. It's a hard decision, but this may be my favorite item from this kit. 
LusterEYEs 24-Hour Eyeliner in Luster Black
"Waterproof formula offers an ultra-high-shine lacquer finish in an easy to apply system"

I really like how thin the brush on this is because I have a shaky hand and I usually am not good at applying liquid liner. The thin brush makes sure half my eyelid does not turn black and also makes applying easier. If you struggle with liquid liner like me, a good tip is to make sure you rest your elbow down on a hard surface while applying to help stop shaking. Also, instead of going with one "swoop" across the lid, Gently press little strokes and connect them.

GlamLASH Dramatic Volumizing Mascara
"This glossy black formula separates and lengthens the appearance of lashes for a glamorous look"

What a fantastic mascara! I'm in love!! It's the blacked black of color and stays on all day without flaking or smudging AT ALL! I love the spoolie wand. It's thin, making it really easy to get to the base of my lashes as well as my bottom lashes. The formula did not goop or clump when going on and left my short, non-existent blonde lashes long and defined. Why have I not tried this mascara before???

Eye Dew Cream Shadow Crayon in Pewter
"Includes aloe leaf extract and vitamin E for a whisper-soft formula that blends beautifully for contouring and highlighting"

I actually have one of these in Rose Gold which is a gorgeous soft pink. The formula is wonderful- it stays all day, even without a separate primer (!!!) and is pigmented with such a pretty, metallic finish. I really like the shape of the crayon, makes covering my lid super easy, as well as lining under the eye for a more smoky look. The "Pewter" color is such a pretty, taupey brown that works well for every day or to smoke out for night time.

Color Enriched Lipstick in Pink Mink
"2016 QVC Customer Choice Beauty Award Winner! Gives your lips rich color in a medium warm rose shade."

The inscription of "Love Laura" with the lip logo on here is such a pretty, detailed touch. The shade does run quite warm, but is a pretty medium pink. If you don't particularly like to wear red lipsticks, this is a nice substitute because of the warm rose hue. The formula is moisturizing and lasts for quite a while, but not super long wearing. I love bullet lipsticks since they are so easy to apply.

Color Luster Lip Gloss in Venetian Lights
"Infused with tomato extract, vitamin E, and kendi oil to help leave lips feeling soft and supple."

I LOVE this gloss formula!! I actually first tried it a few weeks ago when I bought one of Laura's holiday kits that had it in a different color. This formula makes my lips look bigger, without any stinging or painful side effects like other lip plumpers, makes them look so juicy and glossy and does not feel sticky or tacky at all. I really like how the shape of the doe foot applicator hugs my lips when applying. The color is a warm rosey pink, complimentary to the lip shade. You can also wear the gloss alone since by itself, it also has nice pigment to it!

The kit also comes with a double sided card showing two looks:


SWATCHES
liner, eye dew, lipstick, lip gloss, blush, foundation
no flash
flash

 no makeup

 the whole TSV (plus a clear primer, eyebrows and LG Real Deal Concealer just on dark circles)

the whole TSV (plus a clear primer, eyebrows and LG Real Deal Concealer just on dark circles)
GlamLash mascara, Eye Dew shadow on lid and low lash line and LusterEye Liner


everything above + balance N brighten original in FAIR mixed + French Vanilla Highlighter under eyes

everything above + balance N brighten original in FAIR mixed + bronze & brighten to contour + French Vanilla Highlighter under eyes
 everything above + balance N brighten original in FAIR mixed + bronze & brighten to contour + French Vanilla Highlighter under eyes


other Laura Geller products used in final look


If you couldn't tell by my descriptions, I am more than pleased with the Today's Special Value! Ladies and gentlemen, we have some high quality, long lasting, beautiful makeup in here. I look forward to the auto delivery shades!

If you choose to go on auto delivery, you will get additional shipments of this kit in March and July 2017 with new lip, blush and eye shadow shades as well as new brushes.

*products purchased by me

if you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me on social media! (links at right)

<3 Diane




























No comments

Back to Top