Pinrose Perfumes! My Review on ALL of them!

Pinrose is a fragrance brand I have been eyeing up for a while now. I've seen them on QVC quite a bit. I knew I wanted to try their scents, but buying fragrance without smelling it first is kind of hard for me. When their site offered 30% off everything, I picked up one of the sample packs which was so cool because I was able to smell everything with no commitment, and it came with a code to redeem a full size bottle of my favorite. Read on for my thoughts about the Pinrose Fragrances!



This is a little bit about Pinrose from the About Us section on their website:

"    Pinrose is a luxury fragrance brand based in San Francisco, CA. In 2014, Erika Shumate and Christine Luby founded the company with the vision to make high quality fragrance a playful, effortless, everyday experience for the modern millennial. They are on a mission to pull the fragrance industry out of the dark ages by leveraging technology to help customers shop and by creating a brand that celebrates accessible luxury through "quirky elegance”.
     All Pinrose eau de parfums are designed by the best Master Perfumers in the world. We work with Tom Ford and Jo Malone’s perfumers to create unique pieces of wearable art that are inspired by mood boards, songs, and personas. The scents are manufactured in the United States with the highest quality and most sustainable ingredients collected from around the world. All Pinrose products are phthalate, paraben, cruelty, and gluten free."

I was also happy to learn from their website that they are cruelty free and the Musk, Ambergris and Civet notes they use are synthetic, rather than coming from animals!

I tried these fragrances in a very strategic way. As badly as I wanted to rip them all open and sniff to my glory at once, I tried one each day and used unscented body lotion underneath so nothing else would interfere with the actual perfumes.

Keep in mind, the sense of scent and smell is something very personal and individualize. The way we all detect certain smells, and how they mix with our own body's chemistry can make a perfume smell different to every single person. You may love the ones I didn't care for, or think that my favorites smell gross to you. There's no right in wrong with perfumes and these are all MY OPINIONS. 

You can use the link https://www.talkable.com/x/ykRUkG to get $10 off your first purchase on Pinrose's website!
how they categorize their scents
The "fragrance petals" came in such a cool holographic zipper case that can be reused for makeup, money, or anything you want!

My thoughts on the scents, in complete random order....


Secret Genius
Notes: Madagascar Vanilla, Caramel, Sandalwood
"For hatching plans and sneaking kisses"

I love Vanilla, especially Madagascar Vanilla! The notes in here sounded gourmand and woody, which I am usually drawn to. Out of all the Pinrose perfumes, this was the one I was most excited to sniff. This is definitely a unique, gourmand, sweet fragrance. The Caramel note really stuck out to me a lot stronger than the others at first.. At first, I couldn't detect the Vanilla as much as I was hoping to. But oh man, after a few minutes, when the perfume dried down and the mid and base notes came out, it changed into something delicious! The scent became a warm, powdery vanilla that I couldn't stop sniffing.  Sadly though, once it dried down the perfume was not strong at all on me, but still yummy. I want a full bottle of this one.

Wild Child
Notes: Gardenia, Jasmine, Plumeria
"For making trouble on the double"

Please tell me I am not the only one who thinks of Pokemon's Team Rocket when I read that tagline??  I'm shocked with how much I really like this fragrance. Why? Because I usually do not like strong, florally Gardenia, Jasmine or Plumeria at all!!!  It's definitely floral, and strong, but it's incredible! The scent has a nice warm and juicy back to it to balance out the flowers, which is probably why I like it as much as I do. Truthfully, if I didn't get this in a sample pack I would have never picked it up based on those notes and would have been missing out on one delicious perfume. This is a winner.

Gilded Fox
Notes: Cocoa, Rum, Vetiver
"Your barely there come-hither stare"

Wow, wow, wow! Yum, yum yum!! This fragrance is absolutely phenomenal! When I applied it to my wrists and neck, I seriously couldn't stop sniffing myself. It's just so good!!!! It's an unexpected spicy, warm gourmand. The cocoa is pretty prominent; a sophisticated, delicious chocolate. Picturing sipping a spiked hot chocolate near the fire on sub zero days. Then there is a mix of woodsy Vetiver with some kind of unexpected spice (I can't pinpoint it, but I think it may be Cardamom) that just makes this scent so dark, sultry and alluring. Usually I am not a fan of when spice is thrown in, but this works and it works well. Once it dried down, I still smelled the cocoa and was happy that didn't change. I'm thrilled that this is one of the stronger perfumes and it lasts for HOURS! I've been on the hunt for a chocolatey perfume that doesn't smell exactly like a bar of chocolate (although I do like that too) and I believe I just found it.

Garden Gangster
Notes: Lime, Bergamot, Mandarin
"For dominating lawn sports and tennis courts"

I'm not a fan of this one at all. Right away when I sniffed it, it reminded me of my dad- I love my dad so much, but I don't want to smell like him. This scent smells very masculine to me. It is a strong citrus green. I personally just don't care for green smelling fragrances. The bergamot in here is quite prominent and I swear I smell neroli even though that is not listed as a note. I found this perfume to be very heavy and it actually started giving me a headache. I washed it off before an hour even so I can't comment on the longevity.

Merry Maker
Notes: Nectarine, Plum, Tonka Bean
"Where you go, sunshine follows"

This one is nice, bright and fruity! What a delight! It is such a great blend of citrus fruit. This perfume is strong, but not overbearing- at least to me. At first it smelled like a sophisticated fruit salad (I mean that in a complimentary way) and then there's an element of warmness to this one that I noticed in the dry down. This is good for days when you need uplifting or want some faux sunshine because it truly is an energizing and happy scent.

Pinrose
Notes: Rose, Clove, Leather
"Stop and smell the roses"

My nose either loves Rose fragrances or they immediately ignite a headache so I was a bit nervous going into this one. At first, it smelled like a bouquet of straight up roses. I thought I was getting a headache and was ready to remove it, but I decided to hold out til the dry down. Opening up, it was very strong and floral but once it dried down, the flower was met with some powder and a subtle touch of sweetness, making it more bearable and enjoyable for me. Once dried down, it was a lot softer. The dry down was very pretty, very feminine and a nice powdery rose. This scent wasn't as long lasting as some others, but I still able to smell it for a few hours later. Overall, I liked it.


Moonlight Gypsy
Notes: Cardamom, Orange Blossom, Sandalwood
"For the spirit guides and bearers of magnetic seduction"

I had hopes because I'm generally drawn to Orange Blossom. But I opened up the package and smelled this fragrance and decided not to even put it on my skin. This is another very strong, heavy, masculine scent. I don't like masculine perfumes. I like things to smell feminine, sweet and pretty. This smells woodsy and smoky and even though it wasn't said as a major note inside, I got a strong whiff of patchouli which is something else I don't always care for.

Campire Rebel
Notes: Whiskey, Burning Oud, Wood, Vetiver
"For a quiet tumble under the stars"

I'm generally not a fan of Oud (except the ones from Doctor Who) so I didn't know how I was going to react to this one. First sniff was...interesting. I smelled the burning oud more than anything and also strongly smelled the Vetiver. I don't mind Vetiver all that much, sometimes I'll use the essential oil on my feet to help me fall asleep. This fragrance is very strong, woodsy and has a smoky back. This is a masculine/unisex scent. It's not my least favorite of the bunch, but I removed it after 10 minutes because that smoky essence was getting to me, so I can't comment on longevity.

Treehouse Royal
Notes: Fig, Jasmine, Moss
"Reign with style and grace"

I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of this one. I didn't think I would be based on the notes but after Wild Child surprised me, I sniffed it with an open mind. It's very green and earthy, with a floral back so if you like those kind of perfumes, you will probably love this one. Green, earthy type scents are my least favorites in general. The moss is strong, as is the jasmine. A lot of times, my nose is not crazy about jasmine. This scent makes me think of camping in the middle of the woods and just becoming one with nature. I think this is very masculine to be honest. This fragrance is one of the stronger perfumes and it does linger.

Cuddle Punk
Notes: Apricot, Vanilla, Cypress
"For pillow fights and love bites"

This is one complex fragrance right here. Cuddle Punk is unlike anything else I ever smelled and threw me for a loop. I was expecting (maybe hoping?) for this to be a lot warmer and more gourmand than it was. Right away as it opened up, I smelled very strong citrus, I think it's lime. It did open more masculine but started to settle in more unisex to me. As it dried down, the intense citrus faded a bit and a softer, powdery, floral blend came through. Vanilla is definitely not the star here, even a while later I didn't detect the Vanilla at all. There's something rough in here that I dislike- almost like smoke. I actually wound up taking this off after a half hour because that smoke began to give me a headache. I don't really dislike this one, other than the fact it caused a headache for me. I also don't love it.

Tambourine Dreamer
Notes: Ylang Ylang, Lilly of the Valley, White Musk
"Light up the world with melodies and mirth"

What a nice perfume! It is very soft and feminine. The scent is there, but not overwhelming. It's a true white floral but does not trigger a headache like some strong florals can do. This smells clean and a bit aquatic as well. I was able to still smell this one on me when I went to bed at night, so the longevity is there. If you want something pretty, girly, and Springtime like, give this one a shot. It is definitely one of my favorites from the brand.

Pillowtalk Poet
Notes: Powder, Amber, Musk
"When sweet nothings mean everything"

As soon as I smelled this, it reminded me a so much of a product I used to use from Lush Cosmetics. For the life of me, I can't remember what product it was but the sniff instantly brought me back to when I briefly worked at a Lush 7 years ago (that was a fun job). This is another soft, feminine and elegant scent. It smells quite clean and relaxes me. This is one of my favorites! Once I put it on, I couldn't stop sniffing it. I feel like if clouds had scents, they would smell like Pillowtalk Poet. It's light and airy. Powder is so delightfully prominent and the musk and amber bring a nice warmess to it. This one is not heavy or overwhelming at all, so if you prefer softer perfumes, definitely check Pillowtalk Poet out. I was able to detect the scent of this perfume all day, very subtle and lightly, even getting into bed at night. I really love this one.


So as mentioned earlier, my kit came with a gift card to redeem a full size bottle of one of the perfumes. Which one did I go with? It was SUPER HARD to pick between Gilded Fox and Pillowtalk Poet. I also still want a bottle of Secret Genius and wouldn't mind a full bottle of Tambourine Dreamer either. But the choice is ultimately between the first two mentioned and I ultimately wound up with Gilded Fox!! But I have my eyes on Pillowtalk Poet to get a full bottle as soon as possible, too!


If you are interested in trying Pinrose Perfumes, use my link https://www.talkable.com/x/ykRUkGto get $10 off your first purchase! (Note that this link will give me a credit as well- but we both save so in the end it is a win-win if you ask me) They have a kit just of the fragrance petals too so you can smell them all without commitment and get $10 off!

Pinrose's site also has a really fun quiz that reveals your scent personality! It can help you pick out what perfume you may like the best. I was surprised at the accuracy. I decided to take it AFTER I smelled everything, knowing what I liked and didn't to see how well it matched up to the answers. The quiz resulted in Cuddle Punk, Pillowtalk Poet and Tambourine Dreamer for me- and the latter 2 are in my top 4 favorites!

*products purchased by me. not endorsed or sponsored.

if you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me on social media (links at right)

<3 Diane













2 comments

  1. I notice that your referral link is expired. Do you happen to have another? I would love to give you credit while also getting a discount for myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm that's weird. i just updated it with a different link- https://www.talkable.com/x/ykRUkG i think it brings you to pinrose's site and then the discount comes off at checkout. i hope it works for you! if not, send me a quick e-mail and I can plug in the "refer a friend" e-mail directly from the site :)

      Delete

Back to Top