SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex Hair Care

I've had the SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex collection for quite a while now. Every time I went to sit and review it, something else came up or got in the way. Well, my review is finally here so continue reading for my thoughts!



I mentioned I had these items for quite a while. I actually did do two blog posts already, not including when these products were used for "Hair of the Day" posts:

As mentioned in the Conditioner post, the scent is wonderful. It is a nice, delicate rose scent done right- flowery soft rose, not offensive, strong, old lady rose (you know what I mean. It still remains a favorite SheaMoisture scent.

The Peace Rose Oil Complex line was designed to restore moisture to dry, brittle hair.

Key Ingredients:
  • Peace Rose Oil Complex a blend of Alpine, Damask and Musk Rose Oils softens hair and skin.  
  • Date Palm Extract rich in vitamins and antioxidants, smooths and protects skin and hair.  
  • Camellia Leaf Extract Natural antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, helps to calm and soothe skin and scalp.

Nourish & Silken Shampoo
"Gently cleanse and silken hair with this Sulfate-free shampoo infused with the romantic essence of rose. Certified organic Shea Butter blends with our mood-elevating, proprietary Peace Rose Oil Complex in a hydrating formula that nourishes hair fibers and leaves hair silky, soft and smooth. Date Palm Extracts help protect delicate hair"

A great shampoo. Smells yummy, there's lather and it cleanses my hair well without leaving it feeling stripped or dry. It's not quite as hydrating as a co-wash, but that's because it isn't a co-wash, it is a shampoo. I have no complaints except for maybe I wish it was in a pump bottle and not a tube. I've also been using this lately to wash my makeup brushes and it does a fine job at getting them clean.

Nourish & Silken Conditioner 
"Instantly soften and detangle hair with this nourishing conditioner infused with the mood-elevating romantic essence of roses. Certified organic Shea Butter blends with our proprietary Peace Rose Oil Complex in a nourishing formula that softens and conditions hair fibers, leaving hair smooth and shiny. Date Palm and Camellia Leaf Extracts help protect delicate hair."

I stand by my February words. This is a fantastic conditioner and my favorite item from the Peace Rose Oil Complex line. I went through two bottles of this conditioner since February. It's pretty rich, not *quite* as rich as a masque, but still extremely hydrating. This conditioner leaves my hair so super silky. I've used this as a rinse out conditioner and also a leave in and it works well for me either way. Detangling is a breeze, my hair is moisturized, soft and shiny.

Nourish & Silken Styling Gel-Cream
"Define beautiful, crunch-free waves and curls with this conditioning styling gel. Certified organic Shea Butter blends with our proprietary Peace Rose Oil Complex in a smoothing formula that seals in hydration and calms frizzy hair"

I'm torn on this product. I don't love it, but I don't hate it. This gel-cream is just okay for me. The good is it defines my curls and tames poof. The bad is it dries crunchy and when I go to scrunch out the scrunch, my hair gets uber frizzy.  There are so many other SheaMoisture styling products I adore, so I had high hopes for this one.  I've used it a few times, with different shampoos, conditioners and also playing around with the amount to see if it was a usage error. It's just not my favorite.



Nourish & Silken Hold Mist
"This non-aerosol styling aid boosts shine and provides medium hold with movement while eliminating flyaway. The romantic essence of roses helps refresh hair between washing. 
Certified organic Shea Butter blends with our proprietary Peace Rose Oil Complex in a shine boosting formula that eliminates flyaways"
I like this mist a lot. I've only used it on dry hair. It adds a gorgeous amount of shine, is lightweight and doesn't feel sticky. It tames frizz to an extent, but on day 1 dry hair it isn't the best frizz fighting product out there. It helps tame pouf if my hair dried too big for my liking. I also have used this as a day 2 or 3 hair refresher spray to revive my curls and it was wonderful for that!

The wash and go below was styled the way I usually style, applying products in my hair section by section, raking through and scrunching, then plopping in my Curl Ease towel and air dried. I used all of the SheaMoisture Peace Rose Oil Complex products, leaving the conditioner in and sealing with Ouidad Mongongo Oil. I applied the mist all over when my hair was completely dry.

While I'm here I also wanted to mention since February I picked up some items from the Peace Rose Oil Complex skin care line as well. The Facial Cleansing Oil smelled wonderful but was terrible for me. I usually use cleansing oils to remove my makeup and even though the bottle says it melts away makeup, it burned my eyes so bad when I attempted to remove. It did leave my skin soft, but that is not enough for me to repurchase when other Cleansing Oils perform better. The Creme Body Lotion was wonderful. I enjoy the scent, as I've stated and it left the skin on my body feeling so silky and hydrated. I'll be picking this up again when I go through some of my lotion stash.


So overall there are items in the Peace Rose Oil Complex line I really line, and some that just didn't quite do it for me. Of course everyone's hair is different and reacts differently to products so you may love the products that I didn't and vice versa and that's okay.


if you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me on social media (links at right)

*all products purchased by me. not sponsored or endorsed in any way. no monetary compensation received. all opinions are my own and honest thoughts, as always.

<3 Diane










No comments

Back to Top