Hair of the Day: Days 1 and 2 (mix of brands)

Another hair of the day post! I have consecutive day one and two hair with a mix of different brands including favorites and newbies! Read on for more!



My ends are so frizzy and stringy lately, and very uneven thanks to self trims I can't wait to go have it fixed! I bet once I go I may have even better curl definition than I've already been having.




Day 1

Here is What I Used:
  • Pre-Poo: Tweak-d Ultra Nourishing Self Cleansing Treatment
  • Cleanser: DevaCurl No-Poo Original
  • Conditioner: mix of Shea Moisture Superfruit & Rescue and Repair Masque
  • Stylers: Jirano Coconut Curl Leave-In, DevaCurl Wave Maker, ArcAngel Gel, Up North Naturals 8 Oil Blend
Sometimes when I get low on some SheaMoisture masques, I just combine them. I think the most I ever combined at a time was six of them, yes six of them. I combine masques I know work well for me alone so I get all the good ingredients in the combination.

The Up North Naturals oil is new to me. The line is all natural and Canadian based! In fact they are their own seperate Canadian website so Canadian curlies can save on shipping! Canadian and USA curlies can use code WELCOME on the first order for a discount HERE. I'll have a review of almost all the products in this line soon. The oil smelled refreshing, I detected the Lavender and Rosemary essential oils inside and works really nicely. It did not feel too heavy and added nice shine.

I applied products to my hair the same way as always, section by section, raking them through and then scrunching on the ends. Plopped in my Curl Ease Towel while doing my skin and body care regimen and then allowed my hair to air dry completely.

I really am loving my curl definition and softness.  I usually alternate co-wash and shampoo every other wash but lately with the drier and colder air, I've been doing co-wash almost every wash and shampoo once every two weeks or so.

As I said earlier, I had some frizz going on, but I 100% believe it is because I am in so desperate need of a trim and shaping. That tends to happen when I wait too long, as I did again. Last time I went was the beginning on September 2016. I also think it is about that time for my twice monthly Ouidad Curl Restoration Therapy Protein Deep Treatment.

I was supposed to go for my hair cut at the flagship NYC Ouidad Salon tomorrow (Saturday) but there is stuff going on in Manhattan tomorrow and because my family is overly cautious and worried about me, we decided I move my appointment until later in the week. So I'll be doing my deep treatment tomorrow instead.

Day 2

Here is what I used:
  • DevaCurl No-Poo Quick Cleanser, Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go Mist Me Over Curl Hydrator, Briogeo Rosarco Oil, Innersense Finishing Polish

I forgot to put my dry shampoo in the picture because I actually keep it in the basement where I work out so I can cleanse the sweat off my scalp immediately. I actually had a surprisingly sweaty cardio work out (Beachbody Country Heat- for someone who doesn't like Country music much, I really enjoy the dancing in these work out routines!) . I also got caught in gross cold rain earlier before I had a chance to take pictures too. For sweat and raining, my hair is frizzy but it could have been A LOT worse.

It was my first time using the new Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go Mist Me Over. This is part of their brand new Curly Hair line you can get on their site here. I'll have a full line review in a few weeks of it all. The water mist is enriched with Shea Butter, Sage, Nettle and Rosemary, plus natural glycerides seal in moisture, making hair healthy and manageable. It smells AMAZING- like fresh picked strawberries! I really liked that it gave some bounce back to my droopy waves and left them so soft, but I still had some frizz going on which is why I went in with the oil. I used the Innersense Finishing Polish mainly on my out of control ends. I can't wait to get them cut. I think I said that quite a bit this post. ;)



 Well that's it for these hair of the days! Have a great weekend!



If you like my blog, please subscribe?
follow me on social media! (links at right)


<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top