Wander Beauty Flash Focus Foundation Stick, Wanderlust Powder Foundation and Carryon Lip + Cheek Gel

I have been really enjoying so much from Wander Beauty lately. This cruelty free, multi-tasking, skin care infused cosmetics brand pretty much skyrocketed into my favorite brands category in such a short period of time. Today I'm talking about the foundation stick, powder and lip & cheek gel! Read on for more.


Last month, I did a review on one of the Wanderout Dual Lipsticks. If you missed that post, you can read it HERE.

I picked up a few things during Wander Beauty's sites Cyber Monday sale. Unfortunately, the USPS lost my original package at first but their Customer Service truly went above and beyond to keep me updated and replace my items. They impressed me and I felt that's totally worth mentioning.
I wear shade LIGHT in both the foundation stick and powder. It's a *smidge* dark for me right now, but still works extremely well. By Summer, when I'm less of a Summer and get more time outdoors (with SPF always, of course) it will be perfect. I'd love to see the brand do a shade between "Fair" and "Light"
Wanderlust Powder Foundation
From Sephora.com: "Wanderlust Powder Foundation provides full coverage with an incredibly natural-looking finish. The lightweight and ultra-fine powder absorbs excess oil and minimizes pores without ever looking cakey. It’s infused with aloe leaf extract to moisturize skin and restore suppleness while hibiscus flower extract evens out your skintone and increases the look of your skin’s elasticity. It blends seamlessly with a flawless, natural-looking finish that never cracks. Wear it alone with the included anti-microbial rubicell applicator for full coverage, or layer on top of liquid or cream foundation to mattify skin."

Me: This powder foundation may be Holy Grail status! It's THAT good. I don't think Ive ever used a powder that is THIS creamy and silky.  I have had no issues with it settling into fine lines or pores, and I'll even use it to set concealer under my eyes where the fine lines continue to appear (side note: grrrr) The texture is divine and I think it is one of those things you need to feel for yourself to understand my current obsession. I've worn it alone and I've worn it on top of the foundation stick, as well as other brand's foundations and/or concealers. This provides a nice, matte finish without looking flat and I love it to set my makeup while also adding a bit of coverage. By itself, it evens out my skin tone nicely but my dark circles are just too deep for me to go without any concealer on them. If you don't have monster dark circles, the powder alone may be enough for ya! It glides on effortlessly with the applicator is comes with, which is my preferred tool of choice since that gives fuller coverage, which I am all about. Once set, it lasts on me until I wash my face at night. Really, really, really good stuff right here. For those concerned, this powder is talc-free!



Flash Focus Hydrating Foundation Stick
From Sephora.com: "The Flash Focus Hydrating Foundation Stick glides easily onto the skin for a flawless, smooth finish. Perfect for all skin types, the buildable, lightweight formula calms redness and reduces discoloration. Portable and precise, it is easy to apply on-the-go. Versatile enough to deliver sheer, medium or full coverage that looks natural, this creamy formula can be used for spot treating imperfections or all-over coverage from day to night. Its unique complex of coconut oil, hyaluronic, and vitamins C and E deeply hydrate your skin, locking in moisture and leave a youthful-looking, perfect complexion"

Me: I went back and bought this after falling in love with the powder. I was concerned that with "hydrating" in the name, it may have been too much for my combination, oily skin. Good news: It's not! The finish is dewy, so I must set it with a powder since shiny faced me does prefer a matte finish. The coverage is buildable, all the way to full. What I really love about this foundation stick is normally when I hear foundations can also be used as concealers, it almost never works on my dark, dark, dark circles but this stuff DOES! I just apply a few extra layers, which don't settle in my fine lines since it's so hydrating and dark circles nearly disappear. The stick form is great and it wears all day for me (when set with powder). It didn't cause my acne prone skin to break out either.

Carryon Lip and Cheek Gel
From Sephora.com: "This hydrating and portable, multitasking, twist up gel crayon can easily be worn on both lips and cheeks. Its sheer, buildable color makes it suitable for both day and night. Just apply one layer for subtle color or several layers for a bolder look. The advanced lightweight gel texture blends into skin effortlessly, providing sheer, comfortable color. Formulated with innovative stain technology, it’s enriched with jojoba seed oil and shea butter, avocado oil, and vitamin E to continuously hydrate."

Me: I actually have two mini sizes of this since a little goes a long way and they will last a while. In this blog post, I am wearing the shade "Island Hop" which is just the perfect, cool toned bubblegum "Diane Pink" I also have the shade "Pink City" which is more of a mauve, medium toned pink and also pretty. I love lip crayons. You twist this up and it does not need to be sharpened. It feels hydrating on the lips and have wonderful pigmentation. I'm even moreso impressed at using this on my cheeks. My cheeks usually eat cream or gel type blushes rather quickly, but this stays visible for quite a few hours before going away. Also, I always get nervous at applying a gel formula over a powder but I am able to swipe this and blend it over the Wanderlust Powder with no issues, piling or disruption of the makeup underneath! You can build this up from a nice, glow of color to a more intense blush look, if you desire.
Overall, everything I have tried from this brand so far has been so great. There will be more Wander Beauty posts coming for sure since I still have a few more products I have not "properly" reviewed yet and I'm also eyeing a few more.

Almost everything on my face except my primer, the brow bone shadow, shadows and contour are all Wander Beauty today! Here is all the Wander Beauty items I used:
  •  Flash Focus Foundation Stick in LIGHT
  • Wanderlust Powder Foundation in LIGHT
  • Carryon Lip and Cheek Gel in ISLAND HOP
  • Unlashed Volume and Curl Mascara
  • Eyes on the Fly Dual Shadow and Liner (liner on upper waterline) in Jet Black/Concrete Jungle
  • Secret Weapon Multi Tasking Pencil on lower waterline

 disclaimer: products all bought my me. no monetary compensation received and this post is not sponsored or endorsed in any way. as always, my opinions are my own, honest thoughts.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media (links at right)

<3 Diane






5 comments

  1. Hi Diane, could you please compare this powder foundation to the It Cosmetics Celebration Foundation? Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i do like wander a more, but that's another favorite powder foundation of mine. the texture of wander for a powder is unbelievable the way it melts on the skin.

      Delete
  2. Wow! That looks fabulous! I've never even heard of this cosmetics line. Also, your curls look awesome in these pics! Everytime you post that you love a product you make me want to run out & buy it!! I just received my order from Haute look for the Laura Gellar stick foundation that you posted about! How do you think this compares to that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the sweet curl compliment! i really like both of them..stick foundations seem to be agreeing with me a lot lately.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top