Wander Beauty New York Minute Kit: Mascara, Liner, Shadow plus Lip and Cheek Gel


 If you follow me on social media (hi! thank you) it is no secret I have fallen in love with Wander Beauty's fantastic line of makeup! I've done a couple of blogs so far on the brand, and today I will be focusing on some more must haves! The best news is, these are still available in a little kit that brings you a savings!!! Read on for more.



If you'd like to read my other Wander Beauty posts:
WanderOut Dual Lipstick: http://dianemarybeauty.blogspot.com/2016/12/wander-beauty-wanderout-dual-lipstick.html

Wander Beauty Flash Focus Foundation Stick, Wanderlust Powder Foundation and Carryon Lip + Cheek Gel: http://dianemarybeauty.blogspot.com/2017/01/wander-beauty-flash-focus-foundation.html

 The "New York Minute" kit contains three multi-tasking products from Wander. It's an $88 value for $39!!! Wait, let me repeat that for you:  It's an $88 value for $39!!!  At the time of writing my blog post, this kit is still available HERE on Wander Beauty's site and HERE on Sephora.com!


Carryon Lip and Cheek Gel
From Sephora.com: "This hydrating and portable, multitasking, twist up gel crayon can easily be worn on both lips and cheeks. Its sheer, buildable color makes it suitable for both day and night. Just apply one layer for subtle color or several layers for a bolder look. The advanced lightweight gel texture blends into skin effortlessly, providing sheer, comfortable color. Formulated with innovative stain technology, it’s enriched with jojoba seed oil and shea butter, avocado oil, and vitamin E to continuously hydrate."

Me: You may remember that I reviewed this in my last Wander Beauty blog. My love for this product has not changed so I am sticking with my same review. ;) This kit comes with the shade "Pink City" which is a mauve, medium toned pink and so pretty and flattering. I love lip crayons. You twist this up and it does not need to be sharpened. It feels hydrating on the lips and have wonderful pigmentation. I'm even moreso impressed at using this on my cheeks. My cheeks usually eat cream or gel type blushes rather quickly, but this stays visible for quite a few hours before going away. Also, I always get nervous at applying a gel formula over a powder but I am able to swipe this and blend it over the Wanderlust Powder with no issues, piling or disruption of the makeup underneath! You can build this up from a nice, glow of color to a more intense blush look, if you desire.


Unlashed Volume and Curl Mascara
From Sephora.com: "An intensely glossy black mascara that volumizes, lengthens, and curls. Unlashed Volume & Curl Mascara takes lashes to new heights while strengthening and conditioning with a proprietary blend. The long-lasting formula is complete with an innovative brush that curls and separates for fuller-looking lashes. The hook-like brush has staggered bristles for allover angling to grab every lash for maximum drama. The uniquely shaped dome tip delivers precise bristles that grab even the tiniest lashes to lift and curl. Trehalose and peach leaf extract condition and moisturize, with a clump-free, flake-free, smudge-proof finish that won't dry out. Lashes are left full, gorgeous, hydrated and flirty"

Me: Mascara is one of two makeup items I can never be without (the other is concealer) and I am EXTREMELY picky with mascara formulas. I have super short, super blonde, straight eye lashes so a mascara needs to be ready to work overtime for me to say it is effective. This one totally is! The "S" shaped spoolie is unique, it grips onto all my lashes, even the corner ones and itty bitty little ones I forget are there. The pigment is a nice, jet black and it lengthens my lashes without clumping. It wears all day without flaking off or smudging and also does not bother my sensitive eyeballs. This formula is buildable- I can use two coats for every day wear or really build it up for extra glam lashes when I want. I've happily welcomes this gem onto my favorite mascaras list!


Eyes on the Fly Dual Cream Shadow and Liner
From Sephora.com: "A dual-ended, highly-pigmented creamy shadow and smoky eyeliner stick created for easy application and long-lasting, instant eye looks on the go. Create a multitude of eye looks on the go with this richly pigmented stick shadow and smooth eyeliner duo. The creamy stick shadow provides a precise application and easily glides onto lids for effortless blending. The crease-proof formula is long wearing, and the tug-free liner can be smudged into the upper or lower lash line, and blended into the crease for a more intense look. Perfect day and night eye looks, it’s enriched with vitamin E, calendula oil, and rose hip oil to continuously hydrate your skin."

Me: The color combo in the NY Minute kit is "Black Jet (black eyeliner)/ Concrete Jungle (taupe shadow)" I struggle with liner on my upper lid, I usually use a thin liner brush and a dark powder shadow. However, this liner is wonderful for my waterlines!! I line my upper waterline every single day, it gives the illusion of thicker lashes and I'll line the bottom if I am going for a sultry, dramatic look. Remember, my eyes are sensitive. This does not bother them or tear off. The formula glides on like butter and stays on all day until I remove it. I haven't cried with the liner on, so I can't say yet if it passes the cry test, but so far I am impressed!! The taupe color shadow is beautiful. Like the liner, this is a very creamy formula. When worn over eye shadow primer, it stays put until I remove it at night. I have not worn it without eye shadow primer. The color is a light taupe that is cool toned and just a beautiful neutral. You can layer it and apply a little for a hint of color, or really build it up for intense pigment. Like the lip and cheek gel, both sides of this product twist up so there is no need for an added sharpener! Super convenient! 


Overall, I feel the New York Minute Kit by Wander Beauty is a MUST HAVE. Solid products inside, not a dud in the bunch, plus you can an adorable makeup bag while saving money instead of buying them separate at retail price! Like all Wander Beauty, everything in this kit is infused with skin care ingredients and are cruelty free!

shadow, liner, lippie NO FLASH
shadow, liner, lipper FLASH




 naked



mascara, shadow and upper waterline from NY Minute kit. Secret Weapon pencil on lower waterline

naked

mascara, shadow and upper waterline from NY Minute kit. Secret Weapon pencil on lower waterline


With the eye shadow, I applied it for more of a sheer look because too intense and the color looks quite dark with my skin tone for daytime. You can build the shadow up a lot more than I did.



I'm wearing all Wander Beauty except for my eyebrows! (I don't have their eyebrow pencil yet) Below and my before and after. I don't photoshop my pics ever, except for cropping them and maybe removing red eye if need be. There is also no flash involved in these, just a sunny day near my window! 

 I have on the eyeshadow, liner and mascara from the NY minute kit as mentioned earlier.

Here is the rest:
  • Pink City lip and cheek stain on lips and cheeks (also from NY Minute kit)
  • Secret Weapon Pencil on lower waterline
  •  Flash Focus Hydrating Foundation Stick in LIGHT 
  • Wanderlust Powder Foundation in LIGHT
  • On the Go Bronzer and Illuminator in Capri/Candle Glow- bronzer to contour and highlighter under brow bone


Have you tried anything from Wander Beauty yet? Is it my blog's fault? (LOL) I'd love to know, please comment below!


disclaimer: most product purchased by me. bronzer/illuminator sent for review consideration. not sponsored or endorsed. no monetary compensation received. all opinions are my own, truthful thoughts, as always.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! (links at right)

<3 Diane















1 comment

  1. Love this review, such a fan of the brand and the high quality products- that before and after shot says it all- you look great! The mascara is absolutely my favorite and the kit is so worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top