Carol's Daughter Pracaxi Nectar Hair Products

Earlier this year, Carol's Daughter released a new line, Pracaxi Nectar,  which contains three styling products featuring this unique ingredient sourced from Brazil. This line was designed to nourish your hair while providing styling needs. I recently had a chance to try out the line so continue reading for my thoughts on the products!



Here is what CarolsDaughter.com says about the products:
 "Finally, you can style your hair with the best conditioning care! This styling line is made with natural Pracaxi Oil—the conditioning “miracle” nectar of Brazil—and lots of love, so your hairstyles last and stay soft to the touch without fear of dryness, flakes or residue. Keep your hair healthy-looking and beautiful, no matter how you smooth it, mold it, twist it, or rock it!"

All of these products contain No Mineral Oil, No Artificial Colors, and No Petrolatum
Carol's Daughter is one of my favorite non "Curly Girl Method" friendly lines, as the products do contain silicones. My hair is temperamental and some products work better than others. I really like their Mirabelle Plum and Marula Oil lines.

This Pracaxi line smells SOOO GOOD!! All three products smell like a fruity candy. Very juicy and sweet, which I happen to love. I can't place my finger on which one, but it is definitely one of my favorite scents from Carol's Daughter.
Pracaxi Nectar Wash n’ Go Leave-In 
CD: "ADDS DEFINITION, PREVENTS FRIZZ, ENHANCES SHINE!
Everyday wash-n-go’s can leave hair feeling dry and looking undefined. Bring long-lasting moisture and shining definition to your hair with this lightweight leave-in. It helps soften and moisturize hair—adding bounce and a boost of shine"


Me: This leave-in has excellent slip. I can only use this on wet hair. I tried it on Day 2 hair thinking it would maybe help with frizz and add back moisture, but my hair wound up feeling more dry after! That was odd. On wet hair, it helped make my hair soft. and prep for styling products. It isn't heavy and did not weigh down my hair at all. I actually think it may have been a bit too light for me this time of year. I want to revisit this when the air isn't as dry outside.

Pracaxi Nectar Style Control Gel
CD: "Holds Without Flakes & Residue, Prevents Frizz Get control, plus extra conditioning care, with this styling gel that keeps styles touchably soft and beautifully locked in place to help give hair extra hold and moisture without any dusty, flaky residue"

Me: This gel is not sticky, stiff or tacky in wet hair. It didn't dry crunchy. My hair dried feeling soft with nice definition when air drying. However, I do prefer gels with stronger holds than this one. This is a light to medium hold, at best. After using this and the leave in, plus an oil to seal on top (I always seal with an oil), my hair did dry a bit puffier and frizzier than I do prefer. I had to go back on dry hair and add in more product help that, which I rather not do. I thought the gel would be okay on dry hair, since it didn't leave my hair feeling stiff when wet. Adding it to dry hair did help the frizz some,  but left my hair feeling dry and stiff-ish. Even after that, my hair still had a bit more frizz than I prefer. It looked okay, and I had decent definition, but I've seen it look so much better lately.


Pracaxi Nectar Curl Twisting Custard
CD: "ADDS INTENSE MOISTURE, ENHANCES STYLE DEFINITION, PREVENTS FRIZZ! 
What’s a perfect twist out? It’s a twist out that’s long-lasting, soft to the touch, and full of shine. This creamy pudding is the way to achieve it! It’s light enough to layer without weighing hair down and thick enough to hold natural styles without leaving behind a sticky, flaky residue. Set up your curls to be healthy-looking and beautiful."

Me: This is my favorite of the three products. To try and help the frizz and dry feeling my hair was having, I used a little of this on dry hair as well. It made my hair feel softer and added in some shine! I've used this a few times on day 2 or 3 hair, even when I through my hair back. This is a nice cream.


Sadly, I did not fall as much in love with the performance of most of these products as I did with the scent. Though the leave in and gel left my hair feeling pretty soft, my high porosity, very dry, frizzy hair needs more. But if you don't care for very strong hold gels and like lighter weight leave ins, you may really like these.

The pictures below are Day 1 air dried hair. I used the Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go Co-Wash and SheaMoisture Sacha Inchi Oil Masque prior to styling and sealed with the Jane Carter Solution Curls to Go Elixir.

I applied products the same way I normally do- section by section, raking them through and then scrunching at the ends. I plopped in my curl ease towel while getting ready and then air dried.

As the day went on, my hair got frizzier and sadly, day 2 hair was not possible.


disclaimer: products sent to me for review consideration. no monetary compensation received. not an endorsed or sponsored post. all opinions are my own, honest thoughts, as always.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media @dianemary126

<3 Diane


















No comments

Back to Top