Hair of the Day 1 and 2: First Style Since Cut and Beach Photoshoot

My fiance and I just got back from a couple days away in Atlantic City. We had a nice time, despite the cold. We left on Sunday and Sunday morning I washed my hair and styled it for the first time since my Ouidad cut last week. I'm freaking out a little about my cut but I'll explain. Continue reading for pictures and more.



If you missed my post all about my fifth Ouidad cut, you can read it HERE.

Day 1 Hair
The day of my cut and then two days later I had my hair blow dried. (two days later I was invited back to the Ouidad salon for another style for pictures, which was awesome) I knew having heat on my hair twice so close together is not ideal and treating my hair was mandatory. I did a double dose of Briogeo Don't Despair Repair, sleeping with the overnight gel-to-oil treatment in my hair and then using the masque during my wash. This is perfect when you really want to give your hair a fantastic treatment but don't have a lot of extra time to do so.

Here is everything I used for the wash day:
  • Pre-Poo: Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Gel-to-Oil Overnight Treatment (left on overnight)
  • Cleanse: Briogeo Curl Charisma Shampoo
  • Conditioner: Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Masque
  • Stylers: Briogeo Curl Charisma Conditioner (used as a leave in), DevaCurl Wake Maker, Ouidad Tress Effects Gel, Up North Naturals 8 Oil Blend

I applied products to my hair the same way as always, section by section, raking them through and then scrunching on the ends. I plopped in my Curl Ease Towel while doing my skin and body care regimen and then allowed my hair to air dry completely. Once it was fully dry hours later I applied a little bit more oil.

This was my first chance to really assess my cut and once my hair dried, I was a bit anxious. The cut certainly is not bad and Jason listened and took minimal hair off (I saw the floor after). But by removing the dead, damaged ends, my curls bounce a bit more and it makes my hair look even shorter than usual. I was (still am, to be honest) freaking out my hair looks too short again after I FINALLY got it to a length I didn't mind. Also, to clean up the damaged ends there are more layers than I particularly care for, but there was also a lot of shorter pieces from damage to begin with. Next cut I have to remember to tell Jason I dislike too many layers. Tommie told me my hair really didn't look much shorter at all and if anything, it looks better and neater since the damaged, super bleached ends are gone.  I also noticed immediately my hair is acting more manageable. You may recall the past few blog posts me mentioning how unruly the ends were becoming since I needed a trim so bad. At least my hair is healthier and a bit cleaner looking now, so my patience will just have to continue as it grows. I truly wish there was some magic "hair grow faster miracle" out there.

Day 2 Hair
For Day 2 hair, I didn't have to do much. I refreshed in sections using the Jane Carter Solutions Curls to Go Mist Me Over Curl Hydrator which is my favorite refresher spray as of late. I'll have a review of the whole new Curls to Go line by the end of February! After that I applied some Ouidad Curl Control Pomade which adds a little shine and hold without being sticky or crunchy. Since I knew we would be outside and I wanted to take pictures, I took Tommie's hairspray and sprayed a thin layer over everything else for extra hold. I should have brought one of my hairsprays with me, but I didn't think of it. I clipped my front hairline back for a bit while I was doing my makeup.

Since we were in Atlantic City and near the beach, I had to have a beach photo shoot! The day was weird, it was cloudy and cold then sunny and then cloudy again. At one point, it was close to 40 degrees outside and the sun was shining strong, so we used this time to take advantage and play around on the beach. Yes, I was freezing in a dress on the beach in 40 degree weather but the pictures below were taken in less than 10 minutes and my winter jacket, scarve and gloves were right nearby and I put them back on as soon as we were done.

I always wanted to be a model. I actually tried when I was 18 or 19 but I was always too short and too fat for the industry at the time.



For both days makeup wise, my complexion is all Wander Beauty products with Mally's Poreless Face Defender on top. I'll have a specific blog post listing all the Wander Beauty products I used soon! ;) Mascara is Laura Geller's Glam Lash and eyebrows are Too Faced Cocoa Brow-nie in taupe!

I really enjoyed being in Atlantic City with Tommie for a few days. I can't wait for weather to be warmer so we really can spend more time at the beach!!!

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! (links at right)

<3 Diane






No comments

Back to Top