My Anti-Acne Anti-Aging Skincare Regimen! February 2017

The last time I did a skincare regimen post was June 2016, and some of my products did change so I decided to do an updated one! I have combination, acne prone, shine prone skin and on top of that, of course I want to age as gracefully as I can, so a one-two punch of fighting acne and aging is what my skincare regimen is all about. This post is going to be pretty long since I have an intense regimen, but it works and I like to give details. Go grab a snack and come back! Continue reading for the details.

 I said this in my last skincare regimen post as well, I view taking care of my skin like I view hair care: I don't wear makeup 7 days a week (usually), but not a second of any day goes by where I am not wearing my skin! So I want it to look as best it can. Plus, the better my skin acts, the easier makeup applies and less I need. My skin is very temperamental: it can look pretty decent for a while and then, suddenly, it turns into break out city. Time of month, bad food choices, stress and lack of sleep are all contributors to making my skin angry.



I still whole heartedly believe this from my last skincare regimen blog post, so I cut and copied it here:

SKIN FROM WITHIN
I'm a big believer of what you put inside your body will show outside, and not just on your hips. To achieve the best skin possible, I eat pretty clean and healthy with lots of fruits and vegetables. I do eat meat and dairy and I know dairy is controversial with how your skin looks, but I don't have a reaction to it (thankfully...because, cheese!) When I cheat a bit too much with processed and treat foods, I break out almost immediately.

I drink about a gallon of water a day and if I slack, I notice my skin looks more dull. I like to flavor my water with lemon, basil, or whatever fruits I have around the house and this helps me sip more.

Finally on the skin from within topic, I am a big believer in supplementing my diet with certain vitamins. While it won't make up for a bad diet, the addition of taking certain vitamins I feel helps tremendously. A favorite that I do take for my skin is the Daily Cleanse from HUM Nutrition which I've blogged about before (you can use my code F9764 for $10 your first purchase on humnutrition.com)




MORNING ROUTINE
These are the products I use in order in the morning...
Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
A gentle face wash that targets acne AND fine lines at once! What could possibly be better??

Murad Clarifying Toner OR Sunday Riley Martian Mattifying Toner
I alternate between these two toners and I'm currently out of the Sunday Riley one. Both of them do a good job at soaking up excess oil and prepping my skin for the products to follow. I like to wait a couple minutes to let the toner fully absorb before applying products on top.

Josie Maran Argan Reserve Healthy Skin Concentrate
I blogged about this here. Originally I was only using it at night, but I'm loving it so much I can't help but use 2 drops now in the morning, too. I pat it around my eye area and since adding this to my routine I notice my crow's feet fading like never before!

Murad Advanced Acne & Wrinkler Reducer
A light serum that targets acne AND wrinkles, just like the cleanser. I LOVE Murad for developing these combo products! Star ingredients inside include Salycylic Acid, Retinol and Glycolic Acid.

Bliss Thinny Thin Chin Neck Firming Cream
I've used this neck cream more than any other for the last 13ish years or so, and I always wind up going back to it. Aside from the convenient pump (you know I LOVE pumps) it leaves my neck and under chin area feeling soft and looking tighter. Plus, a bottle lasts me for MONTHS at a time!

Murad Oil-Control Mattifier SPF 15
I've used the Murad Anti-Aging Moisturizer SPF 30 as well, and it is an equally excellent daytime moisture. I reach for that one more in Summer due to the higher SPF. This moisturizer hydrates my skin while fighting shine and break outs. It really is wonderful for making my skin look less shiny.

Murad Resurgence Renewing Eye Cream
I let the Argan Reserve sink in before applying this on top. Do I need two things for my eye area? Maybe not, but they are the first area of my face where I am noticing fine lines and wrinkles, plus I have the darkest of dark circles, so I use both. This eye cream has triple benefits of reducing dark circles thanks to an Eye Brightening Complex, fighting puffiness while illuminating the eye area for a youthful glow and it also helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while increasing firmness and hydration thanks to Palmitoyl Pentapeptide-4 and Wild Yam Extract. This eye cream is admittedly pricey, but it lasts for months and I stock up when Ulta has their 20% off Prestige coupons (Actually, that's how I buy most of the stuff here. A girl needs to stretch her dollars)


NIGHT ROUTINE

Every night I double cleanse regardless of if I wore makeup or not. Since I live in such a high pollution area, I want to get all the toxins and garbage off my face!

100 Perfect Pure Blood Orange Cleansing Balm
The is the first of my two step cleansing routine. This balm is all natural, smells delicious and removes every trace of makeup while leaving my skin oh so soft.

Clarisonic Mia 3 (with the Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser)
I will not be without a Clarisonic, I rather skip a meal. I've been using one since March 2011, with the exception of a week a couple years ago when my first one died suddenly. Some people prefer to use theirs once in a while but me, I use mine 7 nights a week. I don't care how tired I am or what time of the night it is, my face does not feel as clean without the Clarisonic. The biggest thing it has helped me with from years ago are blackheads! I don't get nearly as many as I did before using it. I like to alternate between the acne and deep cleansing brush heads and I change the brush every 3 months. (usually Ulta has buy 1 get 1 free on the replacement brush heads in the fall, so I get 4 for the next year)

Murad Clarifying Toner OR Sunday Riley Martian Mattifying Toner
Same as in the morning.

Josie Maran Argan Reserve Healthy Skin Concentrate
Also, same as in the morning but at night I'll purposely spread it throughout more of my face.

Murad Advanced Acne & Wrinkler Reducer
Also same as in the morning.

Bliss Thinny Thin Chin Neck Firming Cream
Yet again, same as in the morning.
Tip: I massage it in gently in upward strokes.

Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion
Don't sleep in lotions with SPF, it can actually dry your skin out! This lotion doesn't have SPF but it does help with acne, redness, hydration, and texture without being too heavy!

Murad Resurgence Renewing Eye Cream
Morning. Same. Again.
Tip: Pat eye cream gently with your middle or ring finger, never the index finger because it adds too much pressure around the delicate eye area

Sunday Riley UFO Oil
If you're a regular reader, you may recall me winning this and using it from October 2016. I'm STILL on that same bottle, and I use this stuff every single night (it is getting close to empty though) I love the addition of this oil in my routine to further fight break outs, and it has also helped to even out my skin tone. This oil also absorbs super fast into my skin.

Josie Maran Argan Oil
Finally at night I like to use this oil as my last step. Argan Oil is high in Vitamin E which helps with skin elasticity. On top of that, it helps my skin to feel soft, aids in fighting break outs and aging and locks in moisture and the ingredients from all the products applied prior.

Josie Maran Divine Drip Honey Butter Balm
In the Winter, when it is colder and dryer sometimes I'll use this all over my face, or just over my eye area. I've also added this on top of my Bliss Neck Cream at night since Josie aways says on QVC what a great neck cream this makes. The combination of Argan Oil and Honey really helps to soften skin and leaves it feeling so silky. I use this as my nightly hand cream as well. Side note, I've also thrown this stuff in my hair as an overnight pre-poo treatment. This little multi-tasking jar and magic is wonderful.

Also, both morning and night if i do have ugly, red, angry zits I really like the Murad Acne Spot Fast Fix and in the morning I'll also use the Murad Acne Treatment Concealer.



WEEKLY 
(or not every single day)

I told you this post was going to be long. I'm sorry I was not lying about that.  LOL! A girl has GOT to mask if she wants nice skin! I usually go for 2 times a week (lately it has been Sunday and Thursday) and my favorite are Clay Masks that help detoxify and draw out the toxins and impurities. One of my absolute favorite masks is Josie Maran's Whipped Argan Mud Mask. If you like all the different scents, you are better off getting the set of five vs. one big jar because you wind up up more product for the same price this way! I've been using up a few masks lately that have been discontinued now, so I don't want to mention them.


Masks
I just realized I promised a blog post on these and never did it from last time. I'm sorry! I will eventually do one.

PMD: Personal Microderm
This is a Microdermabrasion treatment you do at home yourself just one time a week. I will do it prior to a face mask on Sundays. It literally helps make everything better: texture, pores, fine lines, wrinkles, blemishes..everything! The brand says any skin care used after it can actually penetrate up to 20x deeper which is why I always follow it with a mask (to get the most out of the mask) It may take a little bit to get the hang out of how to use, but man is it worth it!!!

NuFace Facial Toning Device
If you haven't noticed, I am a bit  of a beauty tech geek! I received a NuFace as a Christmas present in 2013 and have been using it faithfully ever since. I don't use it every single day, but the more I use it, the better my face looks. I do use it AT LEAST 3 times a week, most weeks about 5 times. It has helped to define my cheek bones and jawline. Especially my jawline. I really want to get the mini attachment and the Wrinkle Reducer Attachments for it in the future!

Ashley Black Fascia Face Blaster
I've had this since November and I owe it, and the body counterparts, a separate blog post. I use this on top of the NuFace sometimes when I have extra time to help further tone and contour my face. I heard recently there is a wait list of over 30,000 to get one of these so I lucked out to get one. This thing has also been INCREDIBLE for my TMJ and headaches. Google this to learn more.


Eye Treatments
I like the Skyn Iceland Hydro Firming Cool Eye Gels and Patchology Flash Patch Eye Gels. I use these once or twice a week, usually the same day as masks and leave them on anywhere up to an hour. They do a nice job at further treating the annoying fine lines and crows feet.

Well that's it. Sounds like a lot of work but I've gotten my routine down to a science for what works for me and actual application is really fast.

Of course, sometimes I get samples of different products from subscription boxes, or I am fortunate to receive some skincare to test out to review and will try them out, but this is my most updated routine that has been consistent since around October 2016.


If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126

Disclaimer: I am not endorsed or sponsored by any of the brands mentioned in this post. I receive nothing from any of the companies for mentioning their products here. These are my own, honest thoughts and reviews about what I use and every single product here I have bought at least one time, most of them lots more.

<3 Diane






No comments

Back to Top