Westmore Beauty Coverage Perfector, Brow Gel and Mascara

Westmore Beauty is a makeup brand created by Hollywood actress, and third generation makeup artist royalty, McKenzie Westmore. The line has been featured on QVC quite a bit and being a QVC Beauty lover, I knew I had to try it! Read on for more thoughts.

McKenzie, who you may recognize from the TV Show "Face Off" and Soap Operas including "Passions",  developed this collection to "make the tips and tricks that were once exclusive to celebrities available to women everywhere for the first time." according to WestmoreBeauty.com


This is what the site says about the cruelty free, made in the USA line:
"Westmore Beauty was born out of the desire to bring the magic of Hollywood special effects makeup home to real women. From glowing, flawless skin to perfectly sculpted brows, Westmore Beauty products help create red carpet glamour with a natural look that lasts from morning to night. So whether you are on camera, in front of a boardroom, or just running errands, you will have the confidence to look and feel your very best."

Now, onto the products:
Coverage Perfector
WB: "Now every woman can easily experience Hollywood special effects in minutes. This foundation and concealer in one provides sheer to full coverage for skin that appears flawless and airbrushed. Built-in comfort technology lasts up to 24 hours without budging or transferring. Sits on skin like a second layer, bending and breathing with your skin without settling into fine lines and wrinkles. The luxuriously creamy and hydrating formula makes skin glow, for the radiant, head-turning look you expect from Hollywood celebrities walking the red carpet.  

Coverage Perfector is formulated with a unique complex that helps to provide a beautiful glow to the skin. Perfect for all skin, it does not settle into fine lines and wrinkles, and its complex of vitamins A, C, and E provide skin-care benefits to the skin. The Tri-Effects technology works on three connected levels to help provide long-wear coverage, ultra comfort, and natural-looking radiance to the skin. This "special effect" will stay with you until you remove Coverage Perfector."

Me: The finish, coverage, and long wearing effects of this foundation are incredible. It is buildable up to full coverage, with a natural finish and when worn over a primer, it didn't come off until I removed it at night. Since my skin is so shine prone, I have to set it with powder for the desired finish I like (matte).  The one drawback for me however are the shades. The shades run very dark. I have the shades "fair" and "light" and more often than not with foundations, I am usually a mix of the two. This "fair" was actually a bit dark on me and also more pink undertoned. I purposely didn't blend it thoroughly down my neck so you can see my actual skin tone difference. The good news is, I was told that they are currently working on expanding and correcting the shades! Once that happens, this formula can easily wind up in my holy grail foundation category since everything else about it was great to me. In pictures below I used it as my concealer as well, though on a regular day I do prefer using an actual concealer with it, though that is not always needed. If you are a regular blog reader of mine, you know how I obsess over my dark circles!! I was also happy this foundation did not cause my acne prone skin to break out.
no flash shades fair and light
flash shades fair and light



One Step Brow Gel
WB: "Transform your appearance dramatically with this easy, one-step solution for shaping 3-dimensional, natural looking brows. The unique gel formula is easy to apply with the pro brow brush and is transfer-resistant, budge-proof and waterproof. A blend of hair-like fibers combined with specially treated pigments fasten onto skin and hair, giving you the full, youthful eyebrows that are all the rage in Hollywood."

Me: I wear the shade "blonde" and it is an excellent match for me color wise. The packaging is unique and clever, the brush is actually built into the top with the brow gel itself being in a container on the bottom. My biggest brow issue is that my tails are extremely thin and partially not there are all, so I look for products that can recreate a faux, thicker tail where there is not one. This product stuck to my hairs very well and easily. It was difficult for me to get this to adhere to my skin where I didn't have eyebrow hair, and I followed the directions on the box. I did get it to recreate my tail on my skin, but it took a few times going back and forth dipping into the gel, combing it out with the spoolie and repeating for it to adhere. I still don't think one one problem tail looked as natural as I could get it to look, sadly. That being said, once I got my brows to look how I wanted, they didn't budge until I went to remove my makeup at night.


Red Carpet Lashes
WB: "Red Carpet Lashes is a state-of-the-art, special effects lash solution that features Westmore’s proprietary LCV Complex, a system of ingredients that provides lashes with immediate length, curl and volume with just a few strokes of the brush, with just one product. In a clinical study, it was found that curl was improved by 150%, volume by 131% and length by 1.23 times. If you want the look of “Red Carpet Ready,” perfectly curled lashes that’s easy to apply, comfortable to wear, won’t smudge or flake – you need to try Red Carpet Lashes"

Me: I really like this mascara! My super short, super blonde lashes really put mascaras to the test and this one passed with flying colors, The spoolie brush is nice,  the way it tapers to a point makes it easy to reach both the bottom lashes and the hard to get corners. The black pigment formula lengthened and defined my lashes without getting clumpy, smearing, flaking or bothering my sensitive eyes. Like the other products, it wore all day with no issues until I went to remove my makeup at night.

the below pictures were taken with no flash, and obviously no photoshop (for some reason beauty gurus photoshop their pictures when reviewing makeup...I don't undertsand this.) just with my back door open and natural sunlight.
no makeup

no makeup

 
 coverage perfector in fair, brows and mascara worn over a clear primer

coverage perfector in fair, brows and mascara worn over a clear primer

everything above with setting powder and blush added
everything above with setting powder and blush added



So far, I really like the coverage perfector and mascara from Westmore Beauty! I have my eye on some other products of theirs on QVC, in particular an undereye cream that is supposed to fix dark circles and wrinkles at once! You can find them on QVC and WestmoreBeauty.com


disclaimer: products sent to me for review consideration. no monetary compensation received. not an endorsed or sponsored post. all opinions are my own, honest thoughts, as always.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media @dianemary126

<3 Diane




















No comments

Back to Top