Farsali Unicorn Essence Serum

I've been seeing the Farsali Unicorn Essence Serum all over Instagram. Being a skincare junkie, I was quite intrigued by this sparkly pink "magic elixir" I like the idea it was full of superfruits. It sold out on Sephora.com super fast, but as soon as I got the e-mail it came back in stock, I caved and ordered. So do I think it lives up to the hype? Read on for more.

Here is what Sephora.com says about this cruelty free, made in the USA oil blend:
"An innovative water-based, dual purpose serum, which helps protect the skin from free radical damage, while preparing it for makeup application. FARSÁLI’s Unicorn Essence at Sephora is enriched with four superfruit extracts that are loaded with antioxidants—known for their antiaging properties: açaí berry, goji berry, elderberry, and blueberry. The Açaí berries and blueberries not only contain powerful antioxidants, they are also packed with vitamin C, which supports the skin tone. Thanks to its water-based formula, this serum will allow your skin to soak up the supplements, leaving it hydrated without a greasy residue. Formulated without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates."

I have been using this a few weeks now. Since it's skincare I wanted to give it a little time before sharing my thoughts. $54 for a 1oz bottle isn't cheap, but I don't mind investing in quality skincare if I feel it truly makes a difference in my skin. After all, I wear my skin 365 days a year! I do love the scent of this, it smells quite sweet and fruity. I also like that it doesn't cause my acne prone skin to break out at all.

The serum itself is a gorgeous shimmery shade of pink. Thankfully, and I do mean THANKFULLY it does not leave the slightest bit of shimmer after I pat it in. It feels lightweight and not greasy at all, my face absorbs it in quite quickly.
I've been using this in the morning, as the very last step of my skincare regimen prior to makeup application. I kept hearing over and over that this is supposed to help extend the life of your makeup, allowing your foundation to wear longer. Truthfully, I haven't noticed the slightest difference with how long my makeup stays on, and that was the main claim that made me purchase this...aside from the marketing suckering me in with calling it unicorn and being pink LOL.

I can't say that this serum has been life changing or gave me drastically different skin, because it has not. But my skin has been behaving quite well and looking even toned lately. Plus, I do like the idea of feeding my face extra antioxidants to fight free radical damage since I live in a high polluted area.
Since I need so little at a time, I think this bottle will last me for a bit. I haven't decided if I will definitely repurchase or not yet.

If you missed it, check out my current up to date anti acne, anti aging skin care regimen HERE.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media @dianemary126


disclaimer: product purchase by me. Not endorsed or sponsored. No monetary compensation received. All reviews and thoughts expressed are my own, honest opinions, as always.

<3 Diane





No comments

Back to Top