CurlSmith Gourmet Hair Products

CurlSmith is a new line of products for curls that launched super recently- about a month ago! The line was created with hair scientists, stylists, influencers and consumers based off of home recipes with natural ingredients for curls. I was recently was able to try the line and I'm quite impressed! I've been using them together, as well as mixed in with other brands and they are so, so, so good!!! Read on for more.

All of the CurlSmith line contains no Sulfates, Parabens, Silicones, Mineral Oils, Phthalates, DEA and is vegan and cruelty free! With all the products, less is more and a little really goes a long way so the bottles and jars should last quite a while.

Per the Press Release, "This line is high quality, hard-working curl-care formulas that are fresh, fragrant and deeply nourishing ‘food for curls.’ Curlsmith blends fresh curl-loving foods with kitchen cupboard staples and rare organic ingredients. One such rarity is Resurrection Flower, a dry shrub that survives for up to three years without water, transforming into a lush plant on contact with moisture. This property helps it revive dehydrated curls."

The scent of these products is out of this world. I can't quite pinpoint it, but it is delicious and unique. Fruity sweet with a touch of herbally-ness would be my best way to describe it. I feel like I used that description for something else recently, too- but the products smell different. I wish I can put smell into my blog so you can just sniff the yumminess for yourself! LOL

Curl Conditioning Oil-In-Cream
Them: "Moisture, Nourish, Shine. Our rich leave-in conditioner is perfect for TWA’s, Wash & Go, L.O.C. Method, braids and twist outs. It can also be use as a curl primer in combination with other products. It doesn’t flake, is non-greasy and non-crunchy. Plus it’s blended with organic carrot, olive and aloe vera oils for extra Strength, Moisture and Shine."

HANDPICKED INGREDIENTS
Resurrection Flower
Organic Carrot Oil
Rare Andiroba
Organic Olive Oil
Aloe And Basil Blend

Me: This has been a go to product on second and third day hair for me. I've posted a couple of times about it on instagram. A little goes a long way and when using the correct amount (aka not too much) I'm left with super moisturized, shiny, frizz free hair. It also makes a good leave in for me on wet hair, prepping my hair for gel on top, while enhancing my definition but I really do prefer it for second or third day hair. I'll additionally use this to smooth down my hair when I wear my hair back.


Curl Defining Styling Souffle
Them: "Define, Anti-frizz, Bounce, Enhance. Our styling Souffle is all about bouncy definition. It is perfect for creating flexible wash & go styles, braids and twist outs. It leaves no residue, is non-greasy and non-crunchy. Plus, it’s blended with Irish Moss for elasticity, Babassu oil for moisture and Flax Seed for defined curls."

HANDPICKED INGREDIENTS
Indigenous Irish Moss
Babassu Oil
Flax Seed Infusion
Rare Andiroba
Wild Rosemary & Sage
Organic Avocado

Me: This is a jelly type formula which had me concerned because my hair does not always like jellys. It was a bit difficult to scoop the product and apply to get hair, as it stayed kind of chunky while applying. I'm not crazy about that texture and mess, and also felt like I wasted too much. When my hair was wet, it also felt a bit stiff, which had me concerned. All that being said, the results using this when my hair fully dried were absolutely great! The stiffness easily scrunched out and I was left with bouncy, frizz free, defined curls underneath that did not feel hard or crunchy at all. It played well with leave-ins and creams underneath from several different brands which was another plus! I didn't try this on day 2 or 3 hair. A little went far so this jar is going to last me quite a while.

Intense Deep Treatment Oil Serum
Them: "Ultra Hydrate, Elasticity, Damage Protect. Our hard-working and versatile serum brings back shine, strength, silky softness and manageability to even the most damaged curls. Perfect for lifeless, dull, brittle, frizzy or roughly handled hair. Our formula contains Oats to enhance elasticity, Macadamia to protect against damage and Apricot kernels for ultra hydration."

HANDPICKED INGREDIENTS
Infused Jojoba
Organic Avocado Oil
Silky Oat Oil
Rare Andiroba
Macadamia Oil
Organic Apricot Oil

Me: At first I was not sure if this was a deep conditioner or a styler or what. It can be used as either, and also as a pre-poo on dry hair! My favorite was to use this is in place of an oil, and sometimes also on dry hair. I've really been enjoying this! Like the rest of this line, too much will leave hair a bit weighed down, but the right amount gives me excellent hair days. This is solid, like the consistency of pure coconut oil, but when you warm a little bit between your hands, it turns into an oil very easily. On wet hair, I use it as my last step in the "LCO" method on top of other stylers to seal in moisture. This can also be used on dry hair to tame frizz that may have popped up. I've also been throwing this in my purse for touch ups if needed during the day.

Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash
Them: "Moisture, Shine, Anti-Frizz, Detangle. Say goodbye to traditional foaming shampoos which contain chemicals and soaps that strip the natural oils from your curls. This gentle, lightweight yet hardworking formula removes build-up and dirt, leaving curly hair manageable, soft and shiny. Suitable for color-treated hair and perfect for detangling. Plus it’s blended with rare ingredients like Andiroba to restore shine and Resurrection Flower to help curls retain moisture."

HANDPICKED INGREDIENTS:
Mashed Shea Butter
Resurrection Flower
Organic Coconut
Rare Andiroba
Organic Avocado Oil
Torn Sage And Basil
Black Pepper Oil

Me: This Co-Wash is lovely! It is super, super, super moisturizing and has incredible slip that allowed me to detangle at lightning speed. It has absolutely no lather at all, so massaging with the pads of my fingers was a must to properly cleanse my scalp. I felt like if I really had to, I possibly could skip conditioner after this, it left my hair feeling THAT silky and soft! I also like some of the more uncommon extracts in here that I don't see all that often which helps promote follicle health and hair growth. This is a wonderful co-wash. I can't think of one bad thing about this product!

The first set of pictures below I washed at night using the CurlSmith Curl Quenching Conditioning Wash. I let it sit for a few minutes before following up with a hair masque (Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair).

To style, I used all the CurlSmith Stylers in this order: Oil-In-Cream, Souffle then Deep Treatment Oil Serum. I was careful not to overdo it and use the slightest bit of each. I applied section by section raking through and then scrunching on the ends. I plopped with my Curl Ease Towel after and went to bed an hour later while my hair was still pretty wet. In the morning, I just needed to fix the top layer which dried a little wonky so I used a refreshing Respray (Raw Curls Anti Frizz Spray) with a mix of a little more CurlSmith Oil-In-Cream and Serum.

These next set of pictures was another wash day, where I had time to air dry my hair properly.
I used other brands for my shampoo and masque (see "Hair of the Day" post here for details) and then used the Curlsmith stylers Oil in Cream, Styling Souffle and Deep Treatment Oil Serum. I applied the same way as mentioned above and allowed to air dry completely.

Overall, I really like the new CurlSmith line! All four products gave me nice results when used together and also with other brands. A little goes so far with all the products which will make them last long. Something else worth mentioning is the fact that the products are thicker consistencies and are in jars instead not bottles (aside from the co-wash) or squeeze tubes makes it easier for me to use without struggle. I like that the ingredients inside help treat and repair my hair, there is nothing bad inside and the smell is so delicious! Finally, when I use these products, and even combine them with other more natural products (such as Raw Curls, Inahsi and Briogeo), my hair air dries significantly faster than usual!

Check out curlsmith at www.curlsmith.com and @curlsmith_official on instagram!

disclaimer: Products sent to me for review consideration. Not a sponsored or endorsed post. No monetary compensation received. All thoughts are my own and honest opinions, as always.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126





No comments

Back to Top