Doll 10 Beauty Today's Special Value April 18, 2017

On April 18, 2017 QVC is giving us a Doll 10 Beauty Today's Special Value! I am SO EXCITED since Doll 10 is one of my favorite brands and we don't get Today's Special Values (TSVs) from them too often! This one is amazing and the price is incredible!! Read on for more information about the kit.

A Today's Special Value is a kit or item on QVC and for 24 hours, or less if it sells out, you can pick it up at the lowest price it will ever be. In some cases, like with this Doll 10 kit, there was a pre-sale available to get it earlier.

You make your choice of foundation in this kit, and the concealer is matched to that. Shades available are Fair, Light, Medium, Tan and Deep. I wear shade LIGHT.





 This is everything included:
  • Double Ended Foundation & Concealer Brush
  • Super-Size Hydragel Foundation
  • NEW Hydrabalm Precision Concealer
  • Arch Expert Sculpting Brow Gel
  • Effortless Multi-Dimensional Mascara
  • Lip Rouge Lipstick in a new shade, So Chic

Price of the kit is only $49.98 plus shipping and tax. There is also the option to go on auto delivery to have more kits delivered every few months.

 
 Double Ended Foundation & Concealer Brush
This is an excellent brush! The bristles are synthetic and cruelty free (as is the whole line) and feel so soft. The brush performs it's job well, foundation side does a great job at applying foundation and likewise with the concealer size! I find using the foundation side to stipple really helps provide full coverage.


regular size VS super size
Super-Size HydraGel Foundation
"This weightless full coverage foundation contains soft-focus microspheres to help transform your complexion and create a more raidant looking finish."

Again, I wear the shade LIGHT. This is one of my favorite foundations OF ALL TIME. I wore it for my Engagement Party back in October 16 knowing lots of pictures would be taken. I usually reach for it whenever I go out and know a lot of pictures will be involved. This is SUPERSIZED, double the size of the original. A little goes a long way so the tube will last quite a while. Why do I love this foundation? It does not cause my acne prone skin to break out. It wears all day morning to night (over primer) without creasing or fading or settling into my pores. It feels like nothing on the skin. It has a beautiful natural finish- not dewy, but not too matte. While I do like the set it with powder, that is my personal preference with all foundations since I am shine prone. It doesn't look like makeup, it looks like my skin, but flawless. This foundation doesn't have SPF, but I don't mind for two reasons: 1) It makes for better pictures, no flash back and 2) the amount of foundation you need to apply to truly get the SPF inside them to work is kind of crazy, if you stop to think about it. So I layer SPF under and it is not a big deal. Aside from my own 31 year old skin loving this, my godmother in her late 50s and mother who is almost 70 also both adore this formula. So it works on all skin types, all ages.



NEW Hydrabalm Precision Concealer
"Provides superior coverage while feeling ultra-light on your skin."

Doll10 does concealers right. I loved the Conceal-It and HydraGel Concealers that came before it, but I'm always excited for new formulas and innovations. After recently trying and loving Doll 10's Hydrabalm Foundation (read that blog post HERE) I was thrilled to see a Hydrabalm concealer now! The concealer is housed in a component unlike any I have seen before. Definitely unique and innovative. The product comes out of a tear drop shape, which makes it easy to apply under the eyes without making a mess of our fingers and you click the button on the bottom of the concealer like a pen to dispense the concealer out. The actual concealer does a wonderful job at hiding my dark circles and brightening up my whole eye area. I do use 2 to 3 layers to cover as much as I want to, but that is because I have quite intense dark circles. It wears all day (I set it with powder) and I have not had issues with it settling in the lines under my eyes. I like to apply it using the "triangle of light" technique. I find this concealer to cover a bit more than the HydraGel Concealer. I have this in shade LIGHT.


Arch Expert Sculpting Brow Gel
"Shade: Universal Get the appearance of fuller, natural-looking brows in an instant." 

This is one of the few Doll 10 products I haven't tried yet but wanted to, so I was excited to see it in this TSV! The shade that comes in the kit is "Universal" but there are several other shades of this available on QVC.com and Doll 10's site. I have very light brows and I found the color to be slightly dark for me, Taupe would be a better option. I was able to get the color to look better by brushing it out a bit with a spoolie. Without needing to brush it out, I'd be able to do my brows in 10 seconds with this stuff. I like the formula a lot! It reminds me a lot of Benefit Gimme Brow, which I no longer will buy since Benefit isn't exactly cruely free (they sell in China) The fibers make my brows look thicker, and they adhere to my brow hair and skin with no issue and it lasts all day.




Effortless Multi-Dimensional Mascara
"In Black. This unique gel formula is paired with an innovative separating brush to provide the look of instant volume and length with each stroke"

This is one of my very favorite mascaras. Without sounding vain, I feel as if the before and after pictures with and without this mascara below should speak for themselves. I have short, super blonde, practically invisible lashes. Lately, my lashes also started doing this weird thing where they kind of like to criss-cross over each other, which is also annoying. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to apply mascara in the morning. Mainly because I get crazy and seperate every lash and stuff. But with this mascara, I can apply A LOT quicker. I love the brush because it lengthens and separates my lashes without clumping, yet also makes my lashes look thicker. In the past sometimes the formula would smudge on me but the last few tubes I used I didn't have that problem at all, which is really good! I also have super sensitive eyeballs and this formula is non-irritating and doesn't flake off either. I like the thin rubber brush and how to separates and lengthens my lashes so easily, and reaches the corners and bottom lashes with no problem.


Lip Rouge Lipstick
"Color: So Chic. One swipe and the Lip Rouge formula leaves you with deep color while drenching your lips in intense moisture."

I LOVE Doll 10 Lipsticks. I have a wonderful draw full of them. The Lip Rouges are my some I enjoy the most since classic bullet-style lippies are my favorite way to apply, the color is so pigmented, it moisturizes my lips, wears a long time, and makes my lips look more full. They also help hide the fine lines I have in my lips from drinking out of straws my whole life. This one smells delicious, like vanilla and the color is a GORGEOUS cool toned, soft rose. The color applies lighter on my lips than it looks in the tube, which makes me so happy since first glance of the tube I thought it looked a bit dark. It is a cool toned, forgiving, elegant color. I also like using the Doll 10 Rose Pure Pigment Lip Serum over it for added shine and glossiness, though that is totally optional!

no flash
flash


all pictures below were taken without flash near my window for natural light. no edits/photoshop/anything..this is a makeup review. For the life of me I don't get why people edit when they review makeup!?

no makeup except clear primer

 just the TSV
(foundation, concealer, lipstick, mascara, brows)

 TSV + Doll 10 contour, blush, eyeshadows and CC setting powder
(full face done)

 this is the non TSV Doll 10 makeup I used. My whole face is Doll 10 except my primer and waterline brightening liner.






The TSV also comes with a little booklet talking about everything and how to best apply if you need help!


I don't know the item numbers for actual TSV day, and  I also don't know if quantities sold out by now, but if you do want to pre-order, one time shipment is A194415 and auto delivery is A294417 (just type either or in search on QVC.com) If you shade is unavailable, head back to QVC on April 18th!


If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on Social Media @dianemary126

<3 Diane

































No comments

Back to Top