Especially Hair Moisture Foundation Deep Treatment Masque


The Especially Hair Moisture Foundation Deep Treatment Masque is a multi-tasking product for all types of textured hair. I've been using it recently and am quite please with almost everything about it! Read on for my thoughts and more info.
This is what their site say about it:
"Moisture Foundation, our premium deep treatment, is specially blended to nourish and moisturize your hair, while repairing damage from heat styling, chemical services and UV rays.
Accomplish detangling and deep conditioning in 15 minutes or less!
“The Curly Hair Wash-and-Go Solution”™"

Scent wise, it is a light sweet citrus that a really enjoy. The fragrance is not too strong or overwhelming in my opinions and doesn't linger.

Consistency wise, it is definitely not as thin as a lotion, but not quite as rich as a butter or cream. It actually jiggles a little bit. The best way for me to describe it would be sort of like a jello meets cream brulee kind of thing. When applying to my wet hair, it felt slightly sticky on my hands which had my concerned, but it didn't feel sticky, tacky or anything like that at all in my hair, which was a relief!
I mentioned in my intro that I really liked almost everything about this, and since there is more I like than I don't like, I thought I'd tackle this first. I've been trying hard to stay more natural and "Curly Girl Method" approved, since I've seen my hair react positively to paying attention to those kind of ingredients. This does have several silicones inside. Dimethicone is not water soluble and that is where my disappointment lies. It also includes Quaternium-91 but that is water soluble so not as bad of an issue for me. Truthfully if it didn't have the Dimethicone, I would definitely repurchase.

I do like the fact it contains many ingredients my hair loves, such as the following listed on their site:

"+ Lightly infused with essential oils, consisting of fresh, tropical citrus notes.
+ Jojoba Oil – Avocado Oil – Argan Oil: Lightweight natural oils provide superior conditioning and a lustrous finish to hair.
+ Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B5): Draws moisture inside the hair shaft, making it feel fuller and thicker.
and also Apple Cider Vinegar, which my high porosity hair is crazy about for added shine and frizz control."


Since this is a masque that is also a leave in, it is a nice time saver in that way. When I have to wash my hair at night and don't have time to let conditioner penetrate, I can co-wash, rinse and then apply it as I do my leave in section by section without having to worry about doing separate conditioning steps. It detangles easily and has nice slip. I feel I get excellent moisture and hydration properties without the extra masque step.

I've used this a couple times now and I really like how soft and shiny it leaves my hair. It felt very soft, silky and had very minimal frizz. This masque did an excellent job at moisturizing and de-poufing my hair.

I mentioned I've been washing my hair at night lately and going to bed with pretty wet hair. It's not by choice, it's just how my schedule is right now. Using this with other stylers on top, my hair dried in a gel cast which does not always happen, even with those same stylers (which is how I knew it was this product). But I liked that, because I felt it was an extra layer of protection during the night. When I wake up in the morning, I usually need to go in with another styler to refresh a bit but I didn't have to do so with this. I just "scrunched out the crunch", then "two stand twisted" a few pieces that turned wonky from sleep for about 10 minutes (that had everything to do with my tossing and turning and nothing to do with the product) and I was good to go!

One last thing I noticed that I wasn't crazy about is for whatever reason, my hair took longer than usual to air dry when I use this as a leave in. Not quite sure why that is.

Aside from using this masque/leave in for the pictures here, I used the CurlSmith Conditioning Wash, Raw Curls Anti-Frizz Spray, CurlSmith Curl Defining Styling Souffle and Deep Treatment Oil Serum. (My CurlSmith blog post is coming next week). I applied products same way as usual, raking them through my hair section by section, then scrunching following up by plopping for a bit and then air dried and went to sleep still on wet hair.
 The website says that you can also apply this before going to the beach or in the pool to prevent excessive dryness so I definitely plan to try that out this Summer.

If you are not on the "Curly Girl Method" and don't mind silicones here and there, then I would recommend the Especially Hair Moisture Foundation Deep Treatment Masque since this is a great moisturizing product that delivered nice results.

You can find the full size and travel size at http://www,especiallyhair.com/ and also in NaturallyCurly's Shop!

disclaimer: products sent to me for review consideration. Not endorsed or sponsored. No monetary compensation received. All reviews and thoughts expressed are my own, honest opinions, as always.


If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126

<3 Diane


No comments

Back to Top