CURLS Blueberry Bliss Collection

I've been playing around with CURLS Blueberry Bliss line for a little while now. These products are easily accessible in CVS and Targets as well as other stores. Not only do they smell divine, but they are meant to prevent breakage, restore damage and help grow hair!!! What more can I ask for in a product!? But are they as amazing as they are promising? Read on to find out!

Here is what Curls.biz says about the Benefits of Blueberries:
"Proanthocyanidins, the plant chemical found in blueberries, interacts with hair follicles to accelerate growth and slow down hair graying and loss. Blueberries, rich in vitamin C and B complex are good for increasing hair growth by improving oxygenation and circulation of blood in the body, particularly the scalp. Prevents hair breakage, too little Vitamin C your diet can lead to hair breakage"

CURLS products are cruelty free, and contain no sulfates, silicones, parabens, artifical oils, colors or fragrance.
 I've actually used products from CURLS years ago, I believe they were in white bottles with a brown logo maybe? I recall liking them, but forever being a product junkie I kind of just forgot about the line as time went on since they were online only back then. This has been my first experience with this Blueberry Bliss line.

These are two additional products in the line, a Curl Control Paste and a Co Wash that I don't have.

This whole line smells incredible. Possibly some of my favorite scented hair products EVER. They have a blueberry, fruity smell that is absolutely addicting.

The main things I noticed overall with these products are how insanely soft my hair felt and how bouncy and defined they get my curls to look!




Reparative Hair Mask
"Deep penetrating, intensive, reparative deep conditioning hair mask guaranteed to prevent breakage, repair damage and enhance growth. Formulated with certified organic Blueberry Extract, Aloe Leaf Juice, and Chamomile Extract clinically proven to REPAIR, PROTECT, RESTORE and GROW your curls. Soften, detangle, moisturize, condition and hydrate your curls while repairing damage, protecting against breaking, and encouraging hair growth."
Me"

Me: An excellent mask. The texture is super rich, yet it glides into my hair super easily and helps detangle. When I rinse it out, my hair feels soft and I already see curls forming on my soaking wet hair, which does not always happen pre-scrunch! I like to leave this mask on as long as possible, and I'll even massage into my scalp for extra hair growth encouragement. It doesn't weigh my hair down at all and if anything, it makes my hair bouncier! This is definitely a mask worth trying, especially if you have super dry hair like me.


Reparative Leave In Conditioner
Them: "Repair, restore, and condition your overworked curls with this uber softening leave in conditioner. Formulated certified organic blueberry extract, coconut oil, grapeseed oil and mango butter. Clinically proven to repair damaged hair, encourage hair growth, and prevent breakage."

Me: This leave in is not too thick, not too thin, it's just right in the consistency area. I've used this as a leave in quite a bit lately on wet hair and have also gone in for day 2 or 3 hair to try and add back moisture. My hair prefers the heavier Twist N Shout Cream for day 2 and 3, but if your hair is fine or gets weighed down easily this may be a good option also. It's really nice as a leave in on wet hair to prep the hair for the stylers to follow.


Curl Control Jelly
Them: "Define, Defrizz and Hold Your CURLS in one snap! Your New Go to Styler... Formulated with organic blueberry extract, and raw castor oil, Blueberry Bliss Curl Control Jelly will define, defrizz and hold your curls in place."

Me: I remember years ago I used the CURLS Cashmere Jelly on Day 2 and 3 hair and it was awesome, so I was hoping this would be equivalent. Sadly, the few times I tried it on Day 2 hair, it actually left my hair feeling dry. I was hoping to love this, but sadly it's just okay for me. On wet hair as my gel after leave in but before oil, it does define my curls a bit without leaving my hair feeling crunchy, but I really prefer something with stronger hold. If I don't apply enough product, more than usual with other gels, my hair got frizzy. Also, if I applied too much product, my hair got pretty limp. It's a fine line to find just the right amount of using this and since there are so many other gels I do like better, this wouldn't be a repurchase.



Twist-N-Shout Cream
Them: "Looking for the perfect product for the perfect twist/braid out? Look no further....Blueberry Bliss Twist N Shout Cream adds the sheen, moisture and definition you crave."

Me: I don't do twist or braid outs but I saw this as an excellent moisturizing styling cream and that is exactly what it is. As mentioned before, I really like it to add moisture back to day 2 or 3 hair after using a refreshing spray on days my hair is particularly dry. It helps calm frizz a bit and continues to keep my hair feeling oh so soft. I've actually even pre-pooed with this, sleeping with it on my hair or using more than usually to really saturate my hair while keeping it in a bun at work and washing at night. As a pre-poo, this cream is quite lovely!!

Hair Growth Oil
Them: "Did you know that Blueberry Extract is proven to repair and restore damaged hair, prevent breakage and increase hair growth? Formulated with certified organic Blueberry Extract, Pomegranate Seed, Argan and Gardenia Flower Oil PROVEN to GROW, REPAIR, PROTECT, and RESTORE damaged tresses."

Me: This oil is great, as long as you don't use too much. I've gotten heavy handed and well, my hair looked oily. But when I use just the right amount on my hair, it adds shine, helps with frizz and my hair feels soft. I've also been mixing this in my scalp oil blend to help promote hair growth from my follicles, but it is way too soon to say if that really did anything or not. I like this on wet hair to seal in the "LCO" method and on day 2 or 3 to calm down some frizz that sprouted back up.



For these pictures, I used mostly CURLS Blueberry Bliss products:
  • Shampoo: Raw Curls Wavy Swavy Cleanser
  • Conditioner: CURLS BlueBerry Bliss Mask
  • Stylers: CURLS Blueberry Bliss Leave in, Jelly, Oil

I applied the styling products on soaking wet hair after rinsing out the mask with cold water (yes that sucks, but it does help with shine and frizz) I went in section by section raking the products through my hair and shaking at the end (Ouidad Rake n Shake Technique) and then scrunching. I plopped for about 20 minutes and then allowed my hair to air dry.

I wanted to note that since I've been playing around with this line together and mixed with other brands for over a month now, I got bouncier curls that didn't look quite as limp or producty when using the Blueberry Bliss Leave In and Oil with a different gel (Raw Curls Firm Hold Gel and DevaCurl ArcAngel are favorites) vs. with the Jelly from this line.


Overall, I think the CURLS Blueberry Bliss Collection is definitely worth checking out, especially if you like nice smelling products, are really looking to repair and grow your hair and want increased curl definition and bounce!


If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126

disclaimer: Products sent to me for review consideration. Not a sponsored or endorsed post. No monetary compensation received. All thoughts are my own and honest opinions, as always.

<3 Diane

2 comments

  1. Thank you, Diane. I was really interested in that jelly, but I think I'd have the same issues you did. I'm definitely interested in trying the mask, though. I'll look for it the next time I'm at the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! thank you for reading

      Delete

Back to Top