Hair of the Day: Briogeo, Raw Curls, Curls Bluebery Bliss and more

Have I mentioned how excited I am that warmer weather is here!? Well, I am! On Saturday, Tommie and I went to the city (Manhattan) for a delayed celebration of our 7 year dating anniversary, which was on Easter. It was a gorgeous day and of course I asked him to take some pictures of me near the water. The humidity was high, but my hair was impressively well behaved. He even complimented it! Read on for more.



Here is what I used:
  • Shampoo: Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal & Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo
  • Conditioner: Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Mask mixed with DevaCurl Heaven In Hair
  • Stylers (wet): Raw Curls Anti-Frizz Spray, Curls Blueberry Bliss Leave In Conditioner, Raw Curls Firm Hold Gel, Curls Blueberry Bliss Oil
  • Stylers (dry): Raw Curls Pomade
I usually only use a clarifying type shampoo once a month, but my results from my first time using the Briogeo Scalp Revival Shampoo were so amazing, I was too excited to wait a full month and waited 2 weeks instead. This shampoo is incredible. You can read my detailed first impressions here. I really love the bounce and definition of my curls after I use this. Clean curls = healthy curls. Don't be afraid to clarify your hair and scalp!!

I was actually due to use a protein treatment with heat this week, but being short on time I didn't so I will go ahead and do that next week. I aim for every 2 weeks with this as well, but every 3 has been more realistic more often than not. I wound up leaving in the mask combination, since I didn't have a lot of DDR left, for significantly shorter time than usual- less than 10 minutes VS. the usual half hour or more and it didn't even matter! I still wound up with tangle free, soft and strengthened hair. Briogeo is incredible. Seriously, Don't Despair, Repair has been one of my favorite treatments for years and combined with the new shampoo, forget about it! New Dynamic Duo! The DevaCurl Heaven in Hair pairs nicely with DDR since it is all moisture and DDR is more moisture/protein.

For styling, I applied products the same way as always- first rinsing out the mask with cold water (which sucks but it is effective for fighting frizz and adding shine), then on soaking wet hair applied the products in the order written above section by section, raking them though and scrunching at the ends. I then plopped in my Curl Ease towel about a half hour before air drying. Before we left the house when my hair was mostly dry, I went in with Raw Curls Pomade, concentrated on the ends and hairline (which is significantly frizzier) and then gently smoothing it then scrunching through my lengths. I think this extra step helped keep frizz from bay and helped my hair from expanding to be too poufy in the humidty- totally worth it!

The Curls Blueberry Bliss products are relatively new to me. I've been playing with them over a month now and will have my detailed review very soon. I am really impressed with this line, the fact it helps repair, strengthen and grow hair (all things I need) and how yummy they smell. The oil especially is great at sealing moisture without being too heavy.

These pictures were taken down in Battery Park right when we got off the Ferry. You can kind of see Lady Liberty in the background of some of them. The wind made it a bit messy, but it's all good.


MAKEUP
I have to do an updated everyday makeup post. I have on the Doll 10 Beauty HydraGel Foundation in Light with Wander Beauty Rise & Prime Primer under it and It Cosmetics Bye Bye Pores Translucent Powder over it. This has been my favorite complexion trio lately for flawless makeup that stays put. The Hard Candy Color Correcting Powder is another favorite I alternate with the It powder. I have on Doll 10 Beauty HydraBalm Concealer in Light as well. That and the Wander Beauty Dualist Concealer are my current faves- I alternate them, too. Eyebrows are Doll 10 Beauty Brow Architect in Taupe and lashes are Wander Beauty Unlashed Mascara over Tarte Cosmetics Opening Act Lash Primer. Lips are It Cosmetics Ja Ne Sais Quoi Gloss Stain with the same shade in their blush.


If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top