IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Breakthroughs QVC Today's Special Value 5-13-17

Saturday, May 13th, QVC is bringing us another Today's Special Value from IT Cosmetics! This is the third IT TSV this year! I've been playing with the kit and can give you my thoughts and details. Read on for more.
The special kit will be available for 24 hours only (or less if it sells out) at the lowest price it will ever be! All you need to do is select your concealer shade.


From the brand:
"This exclusive 5-piece collection celebrates the two words that have been at the heart of IT Cosmetics since the beginning: BYE BYE! Experience what IT’s all about with one new game-changing innovation, one award-winning bestseller now available in new shades, two revolutionary skincare essentials, plus a must-have brush that does the work for you!"


I dream of the day IT does a TSV with all mattifying products for those of us with combination, shiny, and oily skin. For now we have more illuminating products mixed in with some skin care.


Bye Bye Lines Serum™
Them: "Formulated with Drops of Light Optical Blurring Technology™, plus peptides, caviar extract, hydrolyzed collagen and algae, this weightless anti-aging serum helps increase skin hydration and helps improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles for your most beautiful skin!"

Me: This TSV came to me days ago. I've only used this serum for three days so it is far too soon for me to make claims that it did anything anti-aging wise. It has not caused my acne prone skin to break out yet, but sometimes products don't do that for me until a week in. The consistency is nice and slippery and it absorbs into my skin pretty quick. I use it at night after cleansing and toning but before moisturizer and oil.



Bye Bye Pores Illumination™
Them: "It’s your instant airbrushing and lit-from-within glow, all in one compact! Discover the best-selling, award-winning Bye Bye Pores Pressed™ Powder from IT Cosmetics™, now infused with Drops of Light Technology™ for subtle radiance without glitter or shimmer."

Me: The regular pressed version of Bye Bye Pores is one of my favorite IT products ever, and favorite powders ever. It's incredible. It controls shine, mattified, and leaves my skin looking airbrushed. I don't understand why IT had to mess with something that was not broken to begin with and this had me quite worried. It does give off a little glow, but it isn't glittery or shimmery like I was afraid of. Still, I wish with these kind of things, we had a "choice of." Dear IT Cosmetics, not all of your fans want everything illuminated.



Heavenly Skin™ Bye Bye Pores™ Powder Brush
Them: "Your game-changing brush features ultra-soft Heavenly Skin™ cruelty-free brush hair for your smoothest application, and hugs the natural contours of your features for a flawlessly airbrushed finish. Pairs perfectly with your Bye Bye Pores Illumination™ powder!"

Me: I love IT brushes. I say this with every TSV blog post. The Heavenly Skin brushes are the best of the best for me and my absolute favorites. This powder brush is just perfect at buffing powder into my skin to make the shine from my combination skin go away. These synthetic bristles are so very soft and even infused with skincare! I already have this brush and am excited for a second to leave inside my work makeup bag!

Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination™
Them: "Available in 2 new shades (6 shades total!), Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination™ brightens the look of your entire eye area and delivers highly pigmented, anti-aging full coverage that never creases or cracks!"

Me: I'm usually not crazy about illuminating products, as I clearly stated above, but in the case of Bye Bye Under Eye Illumination, it works for me. I have super dark circles, so I like that the Drops of Light technology inside helps to brighten as it conceals. The formula is very pigmented and you only need the smallest amount. If you use too much, it will crease. It does a nice job at hiding my circles but it is very creamy and emollient, I must set it with powder right after applying for it to last hours on me. Setting with the Bye Bye Pores powder usually works nicely. If you really want to, you can use this as an all over, full coverage face foundation. I don't wear this one all over due to the illumination and my shine prone skin, but for my undereyes, it's lovely. I have shade light and it matches my skin tone quite nicely.

Bye Bye Makeup™
Them: "Formulated to be non-irritating, your 3-in-1 hydrating sulfate-free cleanser, purifying instant makeup remover and anti-aging serum leaves your complexion appearing soft, smooth and radiant!"

Me: I LOVE this cleansing balm. It's so good. So, so so so very good. I've gone through quite a few jars of this and am excited to have another. The scent is delightful, a yummy orange citrus. But on top of that, it GENTLY removes all of my makeup, even waterproof mascara, without irritating my sensitive eyes, does not cause my sensitive skin to break out and leaves my face so soft to the touch. Plus, it's awesome to have anti-aging ingredients inside! I use this as the first step cleanser when I double cleanse at night, following up with a specific cleanser for acne with my clarisonic.

samples


My apologies I don't have my usual before and after pictures with this post. I didn't have much time between receiving the kit and the TSV day and I have had a lot going on in life this month. Saying this week has been tough is an understatement for me. For more details and another blog, I strongly suggest checking out http://www.musingsofamuse.com Her posts are always excellent.


Overall, this TSV has some hits and misses for me. The value will still be worth it (at time of writing blog post I don't have that number) so you can always gift what you are not interested in to a friend if you want most of the products? I like that they included some skincare in here and will continue in hopes of more mattifying, shine controlling products in a future kit.



If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126


disclaimer: products sent to me for review consideration. not endorsed or sponsored and no monetary compensation was received. Thoughts are my own, honest opinions, as always

<3 Diane

No comments

Back to Top