My Multi-Tasking Must Have: DevaCurl B'Leave In Miracle Curl Plumper

DevaCurl's B'Leave In Miracle Curl Plumper is one of my all time favorite styling products, EVER. It is unique, multi-tasking and always gives me excellent results. Read on to learn more about it and how I like to use it.

Here is what the brand says about the product:
"If you want to bring out your natural curls, plump em' up and add moisture and shine, this is exactly what you need. DevaCurl B'Leave-In Miracle Curl Plumper is a lightweight gelée that contains a conditioning and strengthening blend of wheat protein, lemongrass and chamomile. The moisturizing formula adds instant shine, volume and plumpness to curls. Great for curly and super curly hair with a lemongrass fragrance that is herbaceous and refreshing."

If your hair is protein sensitive at all, this is not the product for you, as it is full of proteins to help strengthen and repair the hair.

In my opinion, if you have high porosity, frizz prone, super dry hair like mine, if you go to use this as a moisturizer, you may not be crazy about it. However, using it in conjunction with something super moisturizing delivers wonderful results. In other words, I personally would not use this product to replace/substitute my leave-in conditioner and don't think it should be viewed as so.

Now that we got those out of the way, I can talk about all the ways I enjoy B'Leave In!
The consistency is a light gelee as they said- thicker than a serum, thinner than a gel, slippery and melts into my hair. It has a nice, herbally lemon scent that I don't find to be too strong or overwhelming.

For my hair that prefers firm hold gels, I can't use this solo on wet hair post shower. I will incorporate it on wet hair sometimes after my leave-in, but prior to my gel. Doing this helps treat my hair giving it protein and also increases my curl definition significantly. It's lightweight, so I don't feel the extra step. Those with finer hair who don't require as much hold may be able to use this without gel on top.

I really love this even more on dry, days old hair. Applied to dry Day 2 or Day 3 hair, it gives bounce back to curls that may have gone limp or got undefined. It adds a nice shine and softness too. When I'm overdo for a trim (which I am, right now) I also like to use a little extra on the ends to help protect my fragile hair until I get to the salon. Based on overall how my hair is behaving, I may or may not need an oil or DevaCurl MirrorCurl serum on top when I do this. More often than not, I don't.

I also like to use this at night sometimes, which is unconventional. MY hair loves protein. LOVES it. So when it's really being frizzy, puffy or overall misbehaving, I will apply some B'Leave in prior to going to bed. I usually use about a half dollar size amount for four sections total, smooth it down my lengths in "praying hands" motion and then go to sleep on my satin pillowcase.

Overall, if you are looking for more curl definition or have damaged hair and want to use a styler with protein, DevaCurl B'Leave In is an excellent choice. I also love that the big size comes with a nice pump to make applying that much easier!


If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media! @dianemary126

disclaimer: not endorsed or sponsored. no monetary compensation received. all views expressed are my own, honest opinions, as always. DevaCurl has sent me this product complimentary in the past, and I have also purchased many bottles on my own.

<3 Diane

2 comments

  1. My fine hair loves this stuff! I'm kind of over-run with products right now because I'm trying ALL the things, but I know when I reach for B'Leave-In, I'm gonna get good results. When I went for my Deva-Inspired cut in April, the Level 3 stylist only used 2 products on my hair after washing: B'Leave-In and the Frizz Free Styling Foam. :-) Great article!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the kind words! oh the product junkie struggle is so real =) deva is consistently good for me too

      Delete

Back to Top