Hair of the Days 1-4: All DevaCurl Gives Me Good Hair Days!

When I went to the DevaCurl #CurlsUnMasked party, I used quite a bit of product to protect my hair from the weather. The bonus factor in that was my hair has been lasting and looking good for days! Read on for more.



Day 1: Wash Day
If you missed my #CurlsUnMasked Launch Event Recap blog post, you can read it here. It was so rainy and humid in New York- probably the worst weather a curly going to a special hair event could get! Between the products I used, application and going outside wearing a shower cap to protect my curls, my hair held up wonderfully!
I washed that morning and this is what I used (All DevaCurl)
  • Cleanser: No Poo Decadence
  • Conditioner: Heaven In Hair- didn't rinse it out.
  • Stylers (wet hair): SuperCream, ArcAngel, MirrorCurls, Flexible-Hold Hairspray
  • Stylers (dry Hair): a little more MirrorCurls mixed with Beautiful Mess, and even more hairspray
Application: In the shower on soaking wet hair flipped over I applied each product in 4 sections and went pretty heavy handed with how much I used due to the rain. I used more of everything than I usually do. This was also the first time I incorporated SuperCream on wet hair for wash day after LaToya has done so for me at the Devachan salon. I think this is part of the reason I got extra great curl definition.

After applying all the products, I scrunched and scrunched, and then scrunched even more followed by more scrunching. I wrapped my hair in my Curl Ease towel while doing all my skin care stuff, removed the towel, then applied a little more ArcAngel and MirrorCurls mixed together and scrunched a whole lot more. I scrunched more than usual to try to get my hair air dry a bit faster and it may have worked, plus I had incredible curl definition!! I even did something else new where I went in and scrunched my roots extra since they take forever and ever to dry. I did that to try and help it dry faster.

I didn't use the hairspray at all until after all the scrunching and styling was done on wet hair. I also used a few DevaClips to fix my hairline a bit and also lift my roots slightly to try and help the drying. This was at 9:30am. When I was getting ready to go at 3:30pm, my roots were still a little wet but I went in with a little Beautiful Mess pomade on my ends, and especially my hairline which has been driving me crazy. I then attacked my head with even more hairspray. You guys, seriously Flexible-Hold Hairspray is the best hairspray on the planet!!! I think I used half a can that day.

I realized I didn't take any close up hair selfies all day so I snapped these once I was home in my pajamas right before washing off all my makeup:

Day 2
I woke up and my hair still looked good after sleeping on my satin pillowcase with a pineapple. But I had Tommie's band's show that night so worked a bit to get it to be even better. This is the best day 2 hair in so long!
Products used (all DevaCurl again)
  • Mister Right, Wave Maker, Flexible-Hold Hairspray
I applied the Mister Right and Wave Maker section by section and then scrunching. Seven small sections total. Once I was all done I hit it with some Flexible-Hold Hairspray for good measure.


Day 3
So Tommie and I were on vacation for a week, came back and I went to the awesome DevaCurl party on Friday and his show Saturday didn't get us home and in bed until 2:30am which is about 4 hours later than my usual bed time. I was exhausted. We did nothing all day. My hair had the potential to be fantastic for day 3 but I didn't bother touching it (or putting makeup on or getting out of my pajamas- except to shower and then change to new pajamas) I was exhausted and needed a nothing day. I didn't even snap a picture, which I should have. I'm sorry!


Day 4
I worked out today, which felt amazing since with everything above I didn't work out officially for over a week (not like me at all, but side note I came back stronger from muscle rest so that's cool)

Here is what I used: (mostly Deva)
  • Briogeo Scalp Revival Dry Shampoo (I ran out of No-Poo Quick Cleanser and it is discontinued!), Mister Right, B'Leave In/Mirror Curls mix

My curl pattern was still pretty strong, just getting frizzy from exercise, humidity and sleeping on it. But I mean for Day 4 hair, I think this is incredible! I didn't feel the need to section my hair to apply products. I flipped my head completely upside down like I do when I style, sprayed some Mister Right then mixed B'Leave In with Mirror Curls in a 3 to 1 ratio (Mirror Curls goes a long, long, long way. it is so critical not to overuse it if you want to like the product!) used "praying hands" while flipped to distributed and then scrunched a bit.

I honestly could have gone to Day 5 clipping the front half back but I decided to wash because I became anxious to try the new Deep Sea Repair and Melt Into Moisture masks which are available now!!! My first impressions of them will be up later this week!



disclaimer: not endorsed or sponsored. no monetary compensation received. all thoughts are my own, honest opinions, as always.

If you like my blog, please subscribe?
Follow me on social media @dianemary126

<3 Diane












No comments

Back to Top